The Pope dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
sofialuv said:
I think it´s awful that someone has already started a tread saying that he died although he didn´t.

It´s quite unrespectful.

Looks as if you are eager to be the first to tell the news. :(

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
You have NO idea how much the POPE means to me. I was going by what I hear on the news and on the internet! There were conflicting reports and they was mistaken at the time.

So therefore before you begin to judge me, maybe you should ask!:angry:

I like this story.

"To the end, even in visible pain, unable to walk and finally unable to speak, he used his physical presence as a teaching tool. On Easter Sunday, he sat at his apartment window for 12 minutes and tried to deliver a blessing to worshipers below. Failing, he brushed away aides who tried to wheel him from the window before he was ready.

On Saturday, Vatican officials said he was still trying to send messages. Navarro-Valls said the pope's advisers had "reconstructed" the words he wished to utter to young Catholics holding a vigil for him in St. Peter's Square. "I was looking for you. You have come for me, and I thank you," he was quoted as saying."

May he rest in peace.

HotSpot said:
not again....

Hotspot, I totally agree. We're going in circles........

As soon as some people call a truce, a few more come in and start their own criticisms. If you don't agree with the adulation this truly remarkable man :heart: was and is getting, just don't say anything at all. This is a thread to express out condolences and how much he meant to everyone around the world. :wink:

Does anyone have any more pictures?? I'd love to see some. :flower:

i can't believe they are parading his dead body all over the place and all over the media...
i find it bizarre and morbid...

it just seems very ritualistic and primitive...it really creeps me out...:ninja:
can you imagine them doing that with lady di for example?...:ermm:

anyone know how old he was?

The Catholic Church is complex, and has many traditional rules... ofcourse some who are outsiders looking in find it easy to judge or question...
Heck! even some insiders dont understand it.

I am sadened more than ever.
I have never dealt with death, and this man means more to me than my own grandfather (partly because of my distant relationship with my grandfather), he is the most Christ like person that I have ever met*.

I am and will have a difficult time coping with the loss.

softgrey said:
i can't believe they are parading his dead body all over the place and all over the media...
i find it bizarre and morbid...

it just seems very ritualistic and primitive...it really creeps me out...:ninja:
can you imagine them doing that with lady di for example?...:ermm:

anyone know how old he was?

If it wasn't ritualistic then it wouldn't be a religious funeral.

Plastic'sWife said:
The Catholic Church is complex, and has many traditional rules... ofcourse some who are outsiders looking in find it easy to judge or question...
Heck! even some insiders dont understand it.

Very true.

Sloan said:
I like this story.

"To the end, even in visible pain, unable to walk and finally unable to speak, he used his physical presence as a teaching tool. On Easter Sunday, he sat at his apartment window for 12 minutes and tried to deliver a blessing to worshipers below. Failing, he brushed away aides who tried to wheel him from the window before he was ready.

On Saturday, Vatican officials said he was still trying to send messages. Navarro-Valls said the pope's advisers had "reconstructed" the words he wished to utter to young Catholics holding a vigil for him in St. Peter's Square. "I was looking for you. You have come for me, and I thank you," he was quoted as saying."

May he rest in peace.

That was beautiful. Stong even in the face of death. Thankyou, Sloan.

Stop with the Catholic bashing... this thread is for the loss of a person, not to debate the religion of Catholicism...

I think it is nice that the Church has kept all their rituals and traditions, in a society where they could have felt the pressure not to. It symbolises that there is no higher influence than God.

I so wish that I had $ or time off even, I would pay for a trip right on on my credit card to see him for the first time and the last time...

^I think its the only option available since so many people want to pay their last respects to the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->