Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Welcome Their First Child

beedonaldson

Reaction score
TOM FORD is a father. The designer and his long-term partner Richard Buckley have welcomed the arrival of their first child, a baby boy called Alexander John Buckley Ford, who was born in Los Angeles on September 23.

"Huge congratulations to Tom Ford and Richard Buckley on the birth of Alexander," Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman Tweeted today.

The pair have been together for 25 years, after Ford met the magazine editor at the WWD offices in New York in 1986.

"He was adorable, and he was a complete fool. He was sort of dancing around, flashing his eyes at me, and trying so hard to be charming," Ford told Out magazine last year. "I decided in that elevator ride that I was going to marry him. I'm very pragmatic, and I was, like, 'OK, there's some kind of connection here.'"

vogue.co.uk

You beat me to it. I was going to post this in one of the other Tom Ford threads.

Cathy Horyn ‏@CathyHorynNYT
Congratulations to Tom Ford and Richard Buckley on birth of their son, Alexander John Buckley Ford!

Great news. Didn't even though they were expecting!

Congratulations to them both, I know Tom has longed for a child in his life for some time and I am so pleased for them both and damn if it the kid has Tom's DNA :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll babysit! That child is set for life. Not only will he be rich but he will have serious style. :cool:

Wow, I never see Tom as a father. :shock: but congrats!

So he is the father, biologically?
Posted via Mobile Device

Congrats indeed.

But they are both quite old to be first time parents: I think Tom himself is over 50 and Richard's in his 60s. I suppose they'll have hired help around-the-clock, but wow, I remember how exhausted my husband and I were when our babe was born, and we were much younger than they are... Not to mention that they'll be in their 60s and 70s when the boy is 10! Let me tell you: 10 year old boys have LOADS of energy. :P

Oh well! Good luck! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the name!
In this times of ridiculous names, this one is just regal. Congrats to both daddies.

Congrats!!

Congrats indeed.

But they are both quite old to be first time parents: I think Tom himself is over 50 and Richard's in his 60s. I suppose they'll have hired help around-the-clock, but wow, I remember how exhausted my husband and I were when our babe was born, and we were much younger than they are... Not to mention that they'll be in their 60s and 70s when the boy is 10! Let me tell you: 10 year old boys have LOADS of energy. :P

Oh well! Good luck! :flower:

And trust me they'll get through it :smile: I'm 20 with two younger siblings and my Dad is 70 and not planning to retire for a few years, I think we actually keep him young!

Congrats!!

And trust me they'll get through it :smile: I'm 20 with two younger siblings and my Dad is 70 and not planning to retire for a few years, I think we actually keep him young!

But how old is your mum? :wink:

Richard Buckley had a son/grandson at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->