Tommy Hilfiger F/W 2015.16: Behati Prinsloo by Craig McDean

poison84

Reaction score
To mark his 30th anniversary, Tommy Hilfiger turned to all-American football, with a fall runway replete with goal posts, scoreboards and yard lines. The designer’s fall ad campaign takes the theme a step further, featuring “The Hilfigers” surrounded by football players wearing their uniforms.

Dubbed “Team Hilfiger,” the campaign was photographed by Craig McDean and styled by Karl Templer. It was creatively directed by Trey Laird of Laird+Partners.

Photographed in Monterey Park, Calif., the campaign features model Behati Prinsloo, and depicts a cast of characters from previous campaigns: Julia Hafstrom, RJ King and Miles McMillan, with new additions Bruno Fabre, Nate Gill and Simon Nessman.

The campaign breaks worldwide on Aug. 3, with a multimedia program that includes print, traditional display and social media. Exclusive clips from the behind-the-scenes video with Prinsloo will be released via social media direct message to the model’s fans and followers before being shared over the Hilfiger social channels. The print ads will run in September issues, with cover gatefolds and double pages in magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Vanity Fair, InStyle, Marie Claire, Glamour and Harper’s Bazaar.

The ads break at a transitional time for the brand. In a conference call discussing first-quarter results, Emanuel Chirico, chairman and chief executive officer of PVH Corp., which owns Hilfiger, said he saw softness in the U.S. Hilfiger business, where a strong U.S. dollar negatively impacted international tourist spending and spending in Hilfiger’s U.S. stores.

As reported, for the first quarter ended May 3, Hilfiger’s revenues declined 11.1 percent to $767.1 million from $862.4 million, while adding just 0.7 percent at constant currency. Earnings before interest and taxes at Hilfiger decreased 20.1 percent to $92.1 million from $115.2 million. North American revenues at Hilfiger fell 2.4 percent to $353.9 million.

Moving into the second quarter, Chirico said he saw significant improvement in Hilfiger’s sales trends. He noted that retail comp stores at Hilfiger accelerated in the second quarter with international comps increasing mid-single digits and North American comp store sales up low single digits. At wholesale, the Tommy European business continues to outperform the competition, he added.

wwd

This is actually really nice. It's great that they carried the football theme from the runway show.

Those pigskin boots, even I want one! Nice campaign, I'm glad Behati's back. They need to stop using Julia as a filler and give her a solo. When Clement isn't around, RJ translates well—especially for this campaign.

Julia looks great, I mean how many TH campaigns does she have now?

Julia looks great, I mean how many TH campaigns does she have now?

The should really put her in the lead next time. I absolutely cannot stand Behati's modelling kills. Julia looks way better than her in that second shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->