Ugh Chi Iron Damage!

Reaction score
My hair has become dry from the Chi iron. I use a thermal protector (Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Smooth and Shine) and a smoother afterwards (Bed Head After Party), but nothing seems to be helping. What do you do to protect your hair from the heat of straightening irons?

Continue using a thermal protector before you blow dry your hair and before you run the flat iron throuh your hair. I like Paul Mitchell's Heat Seal spray. I've never tried the Tigi one you use, though. Then after the thermal spray, try a silicone-enhanced shine spray (I like Paul Mitchell The Shine) before you flat iron your hair as well.

After you've flat ironed, try smoothing a silicone serum or gloss drops on your hair (mostly near the ends where most of the damage is). Then run the flat iron through your hair once more. The silicones help close and smooth the cuticle of the hair so your hair will look and feel more smooth.

Also, use a deep conditioner once a week to help repair the damage that's already been done.

the best way to make your hair straight without damaging it is to LEAVE IT after u wash it.......and let it dry naturally.

dont even brush it.....just tye it back into a tight bum and LEAVR IT ALONE until it is almost dry.

because of not blow drying it........the water will make your hair ultra moist for as long as u leave it.
then add protection spray and straighten it......your hair will be much better looking and condition

I have to recommend Biosilk silk therapy, it keeps my hair feeling/looking soft and healthy even thought I'm sure its completely damaged from being straightened every day. You can use it on either wet or dry hair, and it takes care of frizz really well on days that you don't iron your hair. It's probably the most versatile and effective hair product I've ever bought, and I've bought a LOT of hair products in my time!

Originally posted by MayaPapaya9@Aug 8 2004, 12:50 AM
I have to recommend Biosilk silk therapy, it keeps my hair feeling/looking soft and healthy even thought I'm sure its completely damaged from being straightened every day. You can use it on either wet or dry hair, and it takes care of frizz really well on days that you don't iron your hair. It's probably the most versatile and effective hair product I've ever bought, and I've bought a LOT of hair products in my time!
[snapback]324811[/snapback]​

My ex used to swear by that product. For me, I have found that putting in ANY product before straightening damages the hell out of my hair.

I just completely blow dry my hair, and then straighten it. Then I use a really good moisturizing styler - I've noticed a huge improvement in the quality of my hair. I used to use all kinds of straightening creams and sprays and the flat iron used to just fry my hair.

Really?? I was always taught by stylists that you must put some product in your hair before you heat style it, to protect your hair...I don't know. Whatever works for you! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->