UK Elle July 2011 : Rosie Huntington-Whiteley by Terry Tsiolis

I love the newsstand cover! Rosie looks so much more beautiful in it.

Damn. And UK Elle was doing so well for a moment...

Neither cover is selling themselves to me. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley doesn't have the "cream of the crop" star power either as a model or an actress to really sell this on her own, and nothing about her or the cover says, "learn more about me here & NOW, because I'm worth making a note of." At the same time, there isn't a lot of pleasant or attractive imagery that is associated with the color beige, and the overbearing use of it actually makes me a bit dry in the throat - the sandy desert is the first thing that comes to mind here. But then it fits, because the vast emptiness of it also pretty much describes my interest in Rosie H-W, and these covers do nothing to awake it.

There is also something odd about her lips here. I don't know what it is, but they are nevertheless charging at me from the newsstands cover like a pair of elephants.

At any rate, this feels like the first clear sign of a downward trend in class in the magazine's standard practice in cover photography (of which there have been some inklings already earlier this year). Undressing yourself or bare chests is in no way a novelty on a (fashion) mag cover, but it is a step away (read: step down) from some of their earlier covers which have relied more on clothing and powerful poses than they have on skin and suggestive intimations.

i really liked her interview. i like her personality!

I didn't even realise this issue was out yet, i picked it up today & i think the newstand cover is GORGEOUS, i love the editorial and the interview too- she has a great personality and it was a good interview to read.

You also get a free shirt with this issue too ;D haha

I'm not a Rosie fan at all but this is a great cover. She is no supermodel but for movie promo this is working. This is way better to me than her Vogue cover and ed.

the shirt that comes with it is huge! :lol: i'd rather they did free make-up.

I love this cover! The whole issue looks really exciting! I wish I hadn't let my ELLE subscription run out as I now have to wait until Tuesday until I can get my hands on the July '11 issue. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! I'm intrigued to see the tees... they've got Garance Dore illustrations on them, or something, do they, if I remember correctly? Interesting...

British Vogue had Mert & Marcus to shoot Rosie, yet the outcome was not as visually stimulating as this. And I'm a massive fan of M&M's work. I must applaud Elle for publishing something like this, I was thrilled to receive the subscribers cover, for once. Although saying that, I find the newsstand cover to be of the same quality. There's some gorgeous shots of Rosie inside, I love the background colour and the clothes selected.

The vest included does indeed have the work of Garance Dore printed on the front. I'm sure women will purchase the issue for the vest alone.

The newsstand cover, despite the fact that the pose looks so stiff, is a lot better than the Subscriber`s. It shows more face.

I prefer the subs Cover because it's more romantic, although both are very lovely.

Does this officially come out today? I went to look for it yesterday but they still had the Cameron Diaz cover out.

It turned up in my store today - I rather liked the scans of the cover shot, but in real life, it seems more subdued, less striking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adam90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->