US Harper's Bazaar May 2024 : Anok Yai & Christy Turlington Burns by Ethan James Green

My library's digital copy is showing 136 pages, with the Anok Yai cover, which is followed a few pages in by the Christy cover shot, so you're not going to miss out on either image, regardless of which main cover you get.

In addition to the content that you can see in this thread, there's also a Marc Jacobs feature and an accessories edit.

I couldn't see myself paying near £12 to get this as an import issue, due to the page count, but I'm definitely interested to see where this magazine is going, it's been invigorated.

^^^ Admittedly, there’s a revitalized energy, and finally a joy, in how the pages flow— like, the AD finally learned to do his job; if Gary Ponzo has been the AD all along with Samira, then good on him for just now putting in some effort. And the 2 cover stories do look much better in their editorial form than the random selects posted earlier: Thank goodness they had enough sense to reject Anon's cosplaying Lil' Kim in the cheapo pink look. But sadly, they kept the Leafs fan blue face... Still, it’s a far far far way off before Samira’s Bazaar is deemed worthy to stand alongside Olivier’s and Daria’s Bazaars. Because as much as it’s a good vibes towards Liz’s— it’s still giving stale whiffs of Glenda’s. And just as a personal prefeernce, Samira’s lost her superrich ice queen sensibility and individuality that I’ve always enjoyed of her Bazaar in this invigoration.

9 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg

1 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg2 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg3 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg4 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg

5 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg6 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg7 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg8 Harpers Bazaar USA 05.2024.jpg
Harper's Bazaar May 2024

HIGHER GROUND (Textless)
Photography: Sam Rock
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Benjamin Muller
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Models: Achol Ayor, Ali Dansky, Wali Deutsch, Amelia Gray & Canlan Wang

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

My library's digital copy is showing 136 pages, with the Anok Yai cover, which is followed a few pages in by the Christy cover shot, so you're not going to miss out on either image, regardless of which main cover you get.

In addition to the content that you can see in this thread, there's also a Marc Jacobs feature and an accessories edit.

I couldn't see myself paying near £12 to get this as an import issue, due to the page count, but I'm definitely interested to see where this magazine is going, it's been invigorated.
Thanks, is it already available in UK/London bookstores?

Newsstand.co.uk is stating the print issue will be on sale in the UK on 31st May, so there's a while to wait for it yet.

Carlos Nazario is the guy, the moment. since his arrival he keeps showing consistence and relevance.
Honestly, he should be the EIC. Samira had to hire someone else to get some decent images for the magazine because she couldn't do it herself. To me, these stories are terribly boring but still an improvement from the loads of depressing covers we've seen since Samira has been at the helm of Bazaar.

HIGHER GROUND (Textless)
Photography: Sam Rock
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Benjamin Muller
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Models: Achol Ayor, Ali Dansky, Wali Deutsch, Amelia Gray & Canlan Wang

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition
I freaking love couture eds! That's why I love may issues so much.

Anok is truly what dreams are made of. Her cover is just.. wow!!
As for Christy, she is simply eternal. Forever my favorite super and I am so glad to see her in print more. Unlike some of her counterparts (or more accurately one of her trinity counter part who just stands in like wax figure) she puts in the work and actually shows diversity in her work.

Kudos to the Nazario though. Really good styling here. I do wish Bazaar would get a fresher art director though. I dont know why but something feels dated to me and it clashes a bit with what they are trying to achieve with the new creative direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->