Vintage Streetstyle: the 1920's

Portrait of first two women MPs: Mrs. Margaret Wintringham (L) & Lady Nancy Astor (1st woman elected).
Date taken: October 1921

LIFE Photo Archives on Google

Woman wearing cloche hat and carrying briefcase looking into grocery store window.
Date taken: 1928

Woman walking on a rainy sidewalk, titled by Hoppe "Reflections on Wet Pavement", probably, London.
Date taken: 1923
Photographer: E. O. Hoppe

Three women in classic 1920's attire admiring view at "Enchanted Mesa" while standing beside their classic Packard Harveycar model automobile.
Date taken: 1926
Photographer: Paul Popper

What a stunning collection you've shared with us, seanut. I'm just scrolling down in awe through this thread. :heart:

Now, not to abuse your many sources :P, but, would you happen to know of a good place where I can hopefully find pictures of women in Asia during the 1920s?. Sounds a little complicated I guess, but I've been trying all day to find pictures that can be slightly representative of The Painted Veil, which is a film that takes place in China and is about this English couple that moves to middle-of-nowhere China and develop their relationship over there, I'm too lazy to get in details but needless to say, it's a lovely film and I have to work on this assignment about a period of time in the 20th century, and I was particularly taken by the way western women dressed when they'd go on extreme expeditions.. the way the opulent fashion of that decade used to get mixed with new fabrics, traditional embroideries, humid weather.. Asian conditions and very peculiar circumstances.. I don't think I'm making much sense :wacko:.. but I lose nothing by throwing all my ramblings in here in case someone can decode it. -_-

I'm always up for a good challenge! :D If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking for pictures of visitors to Asia during the 1920s, right? I don't know if I can find specific websites dedicated to that, but I can certainly look through various websites for individual photographs. If that's not what you were asking for, just let me know.

^ no no, that's precisely what I'm looking for!. :woot:
I wish that kind of.. era/situation had a name, I just find it so hard to come up with the key words for proper results.. :doh:

Calgary, Canada
May 14, 1926
dcaaua.jpg

luminous-lint.com|

i love this thread!!!! how did i not know it was here!!!!

Thankyou to everyone who has submitted these stunning images!

This thread is a new discovery for me, too.

Make sure you guys check -there's also a 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's one :zorro:

Roscoff, France.
16 April 1920
4pxyy9.jpg

horsesthink.com|

two others here
but from 1910s

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21