Wedding Make-up

^ Generally brides are wearing white or a light color, so light makeup is usually appropriate for them. It may be different if red is actually one of the wedding colors (as for a Christmas wedding), or for the bridesmaids if they're wearing an intense color. Had I worn all pale makeup, I would have looked washed out.

yeah thats true it all depends on the person.. for me I think it would try get my wedding make up as close to natural as I can but if i were a bridemaids I dont think it matters as much just as long as its done tastefully

im to be doing my sisters wedding makeup soon, has anyone got any little hints or tips for me as to what will make it look best, focusing on face and lips mainly?

^ If she has the usual zillion bridal magazines, I'd take a peek in those for inspiration :wink: What are her wedding colors?

im to be doing my sisters wedding makeup soon, has anyone got any little hints or tips for me as to what will make it look best, focusing on face and lips mainly?

Keep in mind her normal makeup style (whether it's natural, dramatic etc) you want her to look like herself, concentrate on flawless skin and go from there. Also keep in mind that the fact that there will be a ton of photos so don't be afraid to put on a little more than you would in an everyday situation (don't cake anything on though :P ) professional photography will wash out makeup especially if there are outdoor shots. Also, don't use mineral makeup, or makeup with a lot of spf, it photographs horribly.

I'm getting married the end of september and I'll be doing a very retro, dita von teese look. I contemplated going with a very soft natural look and more nude lips but realized that that isn't my personality at all! And the one thing I would regret is looking back and wishing I had done my fav makeup style.

Check out the pixiwoo channel on youtube... They have a lot of great bridal looks, both for oily and dry skin

I agree! I always go to her YouTube channel for advice. Her makeup is so gorgeous and flattering :heart:

I've been reading the posts about natural makeup...

And the one thing that has stuck out to me is that I want to wear an amazing peach lipstick. I haven't bought any for the meantime simply because I haven't visited a makeup counter in forever (and haven't tried any NEW makeup lately). But I know two things... I want a beautiful peach color (I'm going vintage-style with my wedding look... antique/off white and birdcage veil) and I want a bit of shimmer on my cheeks.

That sounds amazing ^

Well with "natural" only go with whats natural to you.. If you normally wear bright makeup etc then it would be strange to change that for your wedding.. If i ever get married I'd stick to my same colours and definatly some fake lashes so my eyes pop in the photos

Erin Be careful with shimmer...it doesn't photograph very well

^ Thanks for the advice, The Ida... I meant just a bit of Benefit High Beam on my cheekbones, like I normally do. Does that count as "shimmer"?

And Mk's Beauty Shop, YES, false eyelashes are a MUST! They're on my to-buy list. :heart:

^It may look nice mixed with foundation and then dabbed on - I think you should rehearse your wedding makeup and take pics of yourself with flash. Flash photography can make you look so odd :doh:

we are going with a very natural look for my sister, thats just her personality really, i think im going to use revlon colourstay foundation with powder over to set it. a nice matte peachy blush, with a nude/peachy lip colour and a defined crease on the eyes but with fairly light colours and then all set with a bit of fix + spray with my 187 brush to make it look dewy :smile:

What I suggest is, whether you're doing your own makeup or someone else's (or hiring a mua) is do a test first. Even if you're positive you know exactly the look you want, you should try it our beforehand and take photos outside. That way you can see exactly how it's going to look and make any changes neccessary before the big day.
Another good reason, is that way you get to see how long and well the makeup will wear after a full day.
And remember, waterproof eyemakeup is a must! The last thing you want is to tear up during the ceremony and have mascara and liner running down your face!

True confessions ... I tear up on an everyday basis, not just weddings :P A good commercial gets me. What works for me is no mascara/liner on the lower lid. I don't use waterproof mascara, because I hate oily eye makeup remover, and I don't want to work to get eye makeup off ... I'm sure that's bad for the delicate skin around the eyes. So you might try that ... it generally makes you look younger, and the other eye makeup slightly more dramatic by contrast.

If she really cries, the makeup on her face will need touching up. If she doesn't have a bridal handkerchief, since you're doing her makeup, I'd give her one :wink:

^ I know I'm going to be a complete mess at my wedding. I like your suggestion of no liner on the lower lid... I have pale-ish skin and strawberry blonde hair, so color on the bottom of my eyes may look like too much on my wedding day.

I'm a sap like you, fashionista-ta - especially since lately I've been looking at wedding stuff... get teary eyed very easily.. :rolleyes:

As a bridal gift my mother booked a makeup and hair appointment for me. :smile: I'm very happy about that, but now feel even more compelled to find THE perfect look! Ah! Plus, My wedding is in Colorado and I live in Los Angeles, so a consultation is probably not in the cards for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->