What makeup compliments BOLD hues?

SweetLove

Reaction score
I've been pondering this for a few days now..I bought a bright red silk dress with matching shoes. I really wanted to do stand out eyes but I'd love suggestions on what compliments bold color statements when it comes to clothes... obviously I know that bright colors are enough and I'm just scared of being overdone.

because its inevitable that these details kinda matter when it comes to makeup...I have a relatively light skin tone, hazel(mainly green) eyes and dark brown hair.

Thanks in advance, its for a ball that I am attending and I had a really horrible experience the last time I had my makeup done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think to balance the bold dress or outfit, you better go natural with your makeup. For your eye color, I would LOVE copper eyeshadows to pop your gorgeous eye color; and just go peachy on lips and cheeks, to look natural. I also think that the red dress might be enough already to make your eye color stand out.

Hope I am helpful!

You don't have to do totally natural makeup, though you should probably keep the lips plain. Depending on the shade of red and your skin you could try bronze shadow--layered over and blended with black liner it looks really good.

Or if the dress goes with a mod look, do a thin line of black liner, set with powder, with a line of white over it.

Basically use more neutral colors--black, white, brown--but don't be afraid to apply them dramatically. But if you do do dramatic makeup then don't wear jewelry and keep your hair back.

.. thanks so much for the tips. lol, I think I'm going to mix both concepts. I'm going to have to experiment tomorrow, the ball is this weekend already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyb
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->