Who Was Better For Chloé?

Stella. Her Chloé was fabulous. It was fun, it was sexy, it was hilarious, it was inventive, it was healthy and sunny, it was grown up and chic but never serious. Some things she did were very of the moment, but there were just as many iconic designs - THE pineapple, the horses, the airbrushed tshirts, the showgirl glitter, the silk and lace slip, the Renaissance corsets, etc.

And the ad campaigns of that era were gorgeous too! Totally major.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
I loved Stella. I think what was great about her was that it was about dressing a young woman at every stages of her day. It was vibrant, fun, sexy and never too serious or pretentious.

I know that people are obsessed about her bananas/horses collection but her second (FW 1998) and third collection (spring 1999) were flawless. Real masterpieces!

I still love/buy Stella today...maybe because a few things have changed since her Chloé days. It's so sad to see people being so harsh about her work because i think she is a terrific designer.

Paulo Melim. Even more than Phoebe (who was Chloé, but I didn't really liked what she did there).

Well I'm a hardcore Phoebe fan but besides her I loved what Hannah MacGibbon did. It's such a shame they canned her because she really did raise the brand's profile after Phoebe left.

I actually really like what Clare has been doing, the pieces are exquisite in the boutiques. My only issue is with the styling, it can look a little too heavy but when the pieces are broken down it's much better.

I loved what Hannah did a lot. I actually stopped caring about Chloe since Clare stepped in. I don't know much about Phoebe's and Stella's work for the house. The F/W 08 show was cute but tbh not at all what I associate with Chloe. And I didn't even know that Paulo guy...

I adore Hannah's work too. I was a fan of Clare, her two first collections were just exquisite. However I felt disappointed these past seasons with her propositions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->