• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

YSL online

taz

MUSE
Reaction score
:woot:
Adventures in Luxury Cyberspace

Yves Saint Laurent's new ysl.com site goes interactive
Monday, October 01, 2007

(NEW YORK) Yves Saint Laurent is the latest luxury label to go e-commerce.

The Gucci Group-owned label's revamped Web site, ysl.com, goes interactive today, joining its stablemates Gucci and Bottega Veneta by launching an online store for U.S. shoppers and a plethora of animated Web-only content, including the most current news on the brand and creative director Stefano Pilati's creations.

The company's Web site has largely remained unchanged since Tom Ford's helm at YSL, and company executives plan to increase traffic to the site fivefold over the next two years. According to YSL president and chief executive officer Valerie Hermann, the online boutique, which will make men's and women's ready-to-wear and accessories available exclusively in the U.S., should become one of the company's top-five sales generating vehicles within three years. A U.K.-based e-commerce site is also being considered, she added.

"The new ysl.com will provide visitors with an interactive Yves Saint Laurent experience, extending the reach of the brand while maintaining its creative and innovative heritage," the company said in a statement.

The initial homepage allows visitors to choose from either the Fashion & Accessories or Beauty & Fragrances categories. In the former, a full showcase of clothing, bags, and shoes is on display from a bevy of angles to provide a more accurate view of the products. New York and Los Angeles shoppers can even schedule a fitting. There is also a Company History section, set up to resemble an art gallery, where detailed backgrounds on Saint Laurent and Pilati are available, along with information on the house's iconic products, including the tuxedos.

Following the debut of the YSL Manifesto this September in the streets of New York, Paris, London and Milan, ysl.com visitors will have access to an animated version of the Manifesto featuring a making of the current fall campaign starring Gisele Bündchen. Other exclusive features will include a series of short films by photographer Nick Knight starring model Jessica Miller wearing the Edition 24 collection, the more affordably priced capsule collection, streamed live on the internet this past July.

YSL had about 100,000 registered users for its previous site, and nearly 40,000 more signed up to be informed about the new one.
fashionweekdaily

& the head title from WWD
YSL Launches Upgraded Web Site
Monday, October 01, 2007
By Miles Socha

PARIS — Interactive is the new black at Yves Saint Laurent's revamped Web site, slated to go live today, complete with an online store for U.S. shoppers and lots of animated Web-only content...

I tried to open the site but it doen't work, it suppose to work since yestrday?:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't worked for ages! I hope it'll pop up soon...some companies are so bad about updating their sites properly.

The boutique isn't working for me...

But I love the option to watch a runway video and click a look for details!

Its working for me! It is such a simple and visually pleasing website design. I Love it!

YES YES YES!!!!! Im so excited when is the offically launch date for the ecommerce I hope its full of good stuff online emporio armani recent launch that site was garbage...Okay I the us boutique link does open on ysl but if you go to mens or womens collection you can buy those items

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->