1959 - 2007 Valentino

DuTTyRoCK112

Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere for any runway images from Valentino shows in the 80's and 70's. With his retirement looming, I am interested in exploring his work before the late 90's (which is all I can seem to find online). I would greatly appreciate any images or sites. :flower:

Sketched from advertising photos of the 80's shooted by Helmut Newton.
Valentino_newton02_s.jpg
Valentino_newton01_s.jpg

Oh, those are gorgeous... Did you sketch them yourself? I would love to see the advertisements if possible!

Thanks for compliment DuTTyRoCK112, I did sketched (pencil & watercolor) myself, but did not kept the original photos, sorry.
An other Valentino's one of the 80's.
valentino_backless_dress.jpg

A Valentino dress from 1969, shot by David Bailey. my scan.

Attachments

• british_vogue_march_1_1969__bailey1sm.jpg
    british_vogue_march_1_1969__bailey1sm.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 12
13 Jul 1967, Rome, Italy --- Rome, Italy: Fashion designer Valentino, casually dressed in slacks and sweater, fingers his new autumn-winter creations hidden by paper covers and ready for showing in the Eternal City on July 15.
u15659414.jpg
u15659415.jpg

corbis

12 Feb 1968, Rome, Italy --- Spring's cape silhouette is smartly punctuated by this model from the new Valentino collection. The designer, one of Jacqueline Kennedy's favorites in Rome, shapes the cape with a high stand-up collar, seaming detail on the front and small shiny collar. It's worn over a matching black silk dress.
u1582960.jpg

corbis

ca. September 1968, Rome, Italy --- Model stands in the Palazzo Doria, the Brazilian Embassy, in Rome wearing a Valentino cape and diamond belted dress with a Valentino fox beret and suede boots by Dal Co for Valentino.
4222306469.jpg

corbis

ca. 1968, Rome, Italy --- Models in the Rome apartment of Cy Twombly, wearing long white evening suits by Valentino, which are minimally ornated with pearls and lace at the cuffs, the shoes are by Rosetti for Valentino; the man's suit has a white pajama embroidered waistcoat, and inside the apartment is a Roman marble head, drawings by Twombly, and Rococo chaises.
cn00036584.jpg

corbis

19 Jul 1966. Valentino's opulent, eastern style over tunic and pleated chiffon pyjama pants. The hair is back brushed to give a 'mane' effect and is balanced with large hoop earrings.
2696669.jpg

gettyimages

30th January 1967: Models wearing clothing from the Italian designer, Valentino, for Annabels of London in Berkeley Square.
3281654.jpg

gettyimages

Pasta Heir Pantanella Corrado (L) with girl friend, Patrizia Ruspali (R), wearing matching evening suit with jeweled vest, designed by Valentino. (Photo by Bill Ray//Time Life Pictures/Getty Images)
Date created: 01 Apr 1968
50656195.jpg

getty

Marisa Berenson wearing an outfit from Valentino's White Collection, 1968

scanned by me

Valerie Steele, the director of The Museum at FIT, pays tribute to the legendary Valentino Garavini, this year's honoree at the annual fundraising luncheon of the museum's Couture Council.

I love this line: "Unlike many designers who create extraordinary clothes for the runway that can seldom or never be worn in real life, Valentino always makes clothes that flatter the wearer."

1stdibs.com

Vanity Fair June 1987
Roman Conqueror

Photo Helmut Newton
By Ben Brantley
Subject Valentino

Vanity Fair Archive via justaguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member