1989-1996 Christian Dior by Gianfranco Ferre

Ferre winning the Golden Thimble Award for his very first Dior couture collection (A/W 1989 HC).

jalougallery

thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much for the pictures,spiral1532...i love them all <3<3<3
You're welcome.

here we go a rare image of Helena
That is superb.
Now if only we could find the entire set of Helena's ads. That particular collection featured a lot of bustier tops, and needless to say Helena must've looked great wearing those tops in the ads.

Anyway, today marks [post=7479611]twenty-two years[/post] that a formal announcement was made stating that Ferre had been appointed to helm Dior.

A/W 1989 HC

scanned by me

That is superb.
Now if only we could find the entire set of Helena's ads. That particular collection featured a lot of bustier tops, and needless to say Helena must've looked great wearing those tops in the ads.

A friend of mine has a catalogue which features Helena and Bridged Hall... He sent me pictures but I don't seem to be able to find them but I will ask him again and then if he allows I will post them too... They are quite beautiful... the trouble is that I've never seen any of the featured in any of the magazines... which is weird...

Anyway, today marks [post=7479611]twenty-two years[/post] that a formal announcement was made stating that Ferre had been appointed to helm Dior.

A/W 1989 HC​

This dress is so stunning...
scanned by me

Koh-I-Noor dress, Autumn-Winter 1996-1997 Haute Couture collection. Peach lace and pleated tulle dress embroidered with swirls of gold beads, gems, and rhinestones.

inspirationdior.com

Forcément short trench coat, Spring-Summer 1991 Haute Couture collection. Double-breasted model in white gazar with a wide black patent-leather belt. Worn over a short straight dress in white shantung.

inspirationdior.com

Dior Confirms Ferre Will Replace Bohan
By BERNADINE MORRIS
Published: May 11, 1989

After months of speculation, the House of Christian Dior said it plans to announce today at the Hotel de Crillon in Paris that Gianfranco Ferre will take over the design of its couture collection, ready-to-wear and furs.

Mr. Ferre, 44 years old, will assume the position held by Marc Bohan, 63, since 1960. Mr. Bohan is widely recognized as having revived Dior after the departure of Yves Saint Laurent, who was an assistant to Christian Dior and became Dior's head designer in 1957 after the death of its founder.

Mr. Bohan, who also designed costumes for the theater and films, is to remain with the house as the director of a foundation to assist young artists.

Mr. Ferre, who started his ready-to-wear business in Milan, Italy, in 1978, added men's wear four years later and couture in 1986. He will not be doing his Italian couture collection any longer, according to Rita Airaghi, an associate, speaking from Paris.

It has been known for some time that Dior was looking for a replacement for Mr. Bohan. Karl Lagerfeld, Thierry Mugler and Claude Montana were some names that came up. It was widely understood that Dior was trying to repeat the success of the House of Chanel, which updated its image by bringing Karl Lagerfeld into its fold five years ago.

'We think he's a top designer and will make a wonderful contribution to Dior,'' said Dawn Mello, the president of Bergdorf Goodman, speaking of Mr. Ferre's appointment. ''He is a designer who understands elegant clothes, and that is certainly what Dior stands for.''

Mr. Ferre is best known for his super-sophisticated sportswear look, interpreting separates like extravagant blouses and beautifully cut trousers and jackets in the most luxurious materials. His fall ready-to-wear collection, introduced in Milan last month, emphasized the trend to animal markings like ocelot and zebra.

His first collection for Dior will be the couture or made-to-order clothes, to be introduced in July.
nytimes.com

That is superb.

A friend of mine has a catalogue which features Helena and Bridged Hall... He sent me pictures but I don't seem to be able to find them but I will ask him again and then if he allows I will post them too... They are quite beautiful... the trouble is that I've never seen any of the featured in any of the magazines... which is weird...

scanned by me

as promised

scans PierreFrancois

^Thanks so much. I like those shots better than Bridget's solo b&w ads.

<3 this thread!! Please keep this thread going. I only knew of the Gianfranco Ferre perfumes until I happened to browse a book about his collections at the library. <3 the 80s and early 90s excess. :smile:

Does anyone have old Firstview's photos from Haute Couture Fall Winter 1995 and Fall Winter 1996? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->