3.1 Phillip Lim for Target

honeycombchild

Reaction score
Target has re-entered the collaboration arena. We all knew it wouldn't be long before they announced their next "target" and today we can tell you with absolute certainty that the next Target designer collaborator is Phillip Lim.

Set to hit stores on September 15th, the Phillip Lim for Target Collection will feature clothing for both men and women, as well as accessories. We are told there will be bags that will come in with a price tag of $60, so naturally we are wondering if the famed Phillip Lim Pashli will be in the mix?
Fashion Foie Gras

here are photos of the items in today's wsj. i like the pieces
wsj.com

Attachments

• lim1.jpg
    lim1.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 159
I like the bags! I hope the smaller one comes in other colors. I also kind of like that mini dress. Looks pretty good so far, thanks for the pics & info!

Finally a collaboration that might make me excited again. I hope it's not full of neons and florals.

Off the bat, I don't get selling $300 leather jacket at Target. I don't care which designer's name is on it people aren't going to want to spend that much on an item from Target.

This actually looks really good! And not just because he's one of my favorite designers, but the actual pieces look luxurious and very true to his style. That biker jacket is screaming my name and that gown looks divine. That yellow bag, however, needs to actually be mine!

it actually looks really good and nice to see there will be men's and unisex items available for once. i might be inclined to get that travel bag. the biker jacket actually seems pretty reasonable if you consider the high street market when it comes to genuine leather pieces. still,might be too steep for my wallet at this juncture. might just be cheaper and easier to look for one vintage if you're going to pay that much....at least it would be authentic.

That floral thing looks yummy :zorro: :heart:... such a sucker for florals in patchwork(ish) presentation. Too bad I may not be near any Target around that date and the people I know find lining up for things like this more embarrassing than I do. Maybe I'll get some luck online.

Even though the Target lines always have iffy quality, I will be alllll over this.

Finally a collaboration that might make me excited again. I hope it's not full of neons and florals.

Off the bat, I don't get selling $300 leather jacket at Target. I don't care which designer's name is on it people aren't going to want to spend that much on an item from Target.

if the $300 asking price is too high, they'll surely mark it down. later on.

That's if the whole Missoni thing doesn't happen again.

Didn't most of the Missoni stuff end up heavily discounted back in stores after being pilfered from stores by professional Ebay sellers? I thought the hysteria was artificial. I recall seeing a lot of Missoni stuff languishing on racks at the local Target.

Didn't most of the Missoni stuff end up heavily discounted back in stores after being pilfered from stores by professional Ebay sellers? I thought the hysteria was artificial. I recall seeing a lot of Missoni stuff languishing on racks at the local Target.

It might be regional? I didn't see any of the clothes on the discount racks in my Target stores. The accessories I saw remained, however. So for my experience with it, it wasn't very artificial.

Sadly there are still thousands (3,000+) of Missoni for Target listings rotting on eBay.

my photos

i dont really like the idea of the boom sweater being an all in one dress. looks a bit schoolgirlish.

Attachments

• lim2.jpg
    lim2.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 25
  • limtarget1.jpg
    limtarget1.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 15
hmmm....you know as much as i like the idea of kitsch contradicting a certain sophistication,i do wish he would have gone in a less cliched way....i mean really,the comic book "boom"??

What magazine is that from @lucy92?

A grey version of the boom sweater(paired with grey sweats) is featured on Fashion magazine's september issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->