A Magazine #8 : Curated by Riccardo Tisci

I have a preview of an ed
Natasha, Lara, and Mariacarla..
my guess is because they did the f/w ads
its all they had besides the picture already posted

how come nobody called Lakshmi? or wasn't she at home?:lol:
i looove mens' editorial. i guess everyone could've guessed:innocent:

I want this.

I saw in a bookstore last week, and I changed my mind. It's just a collection of pics, no real eds. There were a few nice I&V pics, but they were old potraits of Carmen and there was one nice pic of Lara. Maria Carla and Natasha. The rest was pretty bland imo.

^it's a curated magazine. so basically there's no 'real' editorial if the curator/guest editor doesn't want to produce a 'real/basic' fashion story ....
i think it's pretty interested as well to show an image. i hadn't seen it yet but my fav. bookstore here carries it, so i'll check .... once i have f***ing time to waste !

I know its curated.

I've got other issues of 'A' magazine with proper eds so I expected a bit more...

It just seems so lazy to just put some pics you like in one mag. I hardly call that 'curating a magazine'. I can make a mag like that every month for the next ten years in one afternoon

I didn't expect much from this considering people's reviews.

But OH MY GOD it is absolute heaven! It's full of Tisci-inspired imagery.

I saw a lot of archive Givenchy pieces on various models, a few Givenchy show invitations, some photos that look like they inspired Tisci's collections for the house of Givenchy - but best of all - there are a couple of photos of Tisci's own shows circa 2002-2005!!

That was the best. Seeing his gothic visions pre-Givenchy. It looks like they were staged in a church (?) So brilliant!

I might get this. It's more of an art book than a magazine. I'd go as far as to call it conceptual.

Highly recommended for all Givenchy/Tisci fans.

By Luigi Mureno

Scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so this is where that Lara pic is from :lol: Thanks, they both look amazing!

karim is such a great artist!!!!!!i love his work for a magazine!!!!!!!!

i just bought it ...
it's very good ... i cannot scan the cover unfortunately because it's under plastic - i think my book dealer had a good idea with this - and i'm not taking it off (every others A magazine I bought in this shop had their cover under a platisc cover to protect 'em too) ...
But maybe I'll snap some stuff, if you want ...

it's really Tisci world as I imagined it !!!
there are 4 images by Panos Y.
and the Simon N. double page image is .............. STRIKING !!! :shock::crush:
I wanna get it framed !! If anybody with good scanning/photoshop skills is ready to scan ... just do it !!!!!

here are some images you can find in the magazine ....
in order of appearance :
Desiree Dolron, Olaf Breuning, Edouard de' Pazzi, Luca Stoppini, Paolo Canevari and Marco Anelli

you will also find works of Mika Mizutani (stylist), Luigi Murenu, Matteo Bazilé, Bettina Komenda (photo), Katerina Jebb (photo), Diane Koutsis-Hemmi (stylist), Joe McKenna ......

sources : www.paolo-canevari.gmxhome.de, www.lucastoppini.com, www.zenon.rebelle.com, air de paris, desireedolron.com

Attachments

• 05-Desiree-Dolron-Xteriors-VIII.jpg
    05-Desiree-Dolron-Xteriors-VIII.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 9112.jpg
    9112.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 22504.jpg
    22504.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 22
  • B_22-02-01-B01PhEPS_tag_%.jpg
    B_22-02-01-B01PhEPS_tag_%.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 16
  • OM_1.JPG
    OM_1.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 18
  • pazzi.jpg
    pazzi.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 29
  • pc99jesus-web.jpg
    pc99jesus-web.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the infos and these images Berlin.
I hope to find it somewhere since I'm a big Tisci fan!

^my book dealer brings every issues when they come out ... maybe you could request it to your book dealer, non ?
it's not a book ... but i doubt you will find it next to vogue on newsstands ...

^ yeah, I guess so. I have to do that for some mags which are published in irregular periods (I mean not monthly mags) too.

I picked this up early in december and I was completely amazed with what I saw, like Berlin said, it's very much Tisci's world as one would expect it, darkly romantic.. a little twisted and highly poetic, I was glad to see a considerable lack of models and more imagery that obviously inspires his creations.
so, very bored tonight, and felt like scanning some pages.. around 80 actually, just because I find it really necessary to keep an archive on these kind of publications, they're classics and we don't seem to keep track of classics very often. -_-

[excuse my lack of quality with scans, I'm just not good]

[1. Theo Volpatti, Riccardo Tisci Invitation S/S 05; 2, 3 & 4. Melanie Ward; 5, 6 & 7. Jared Buckhiester; 8. Maggie Cheung; 9 & 10. Marc Turlan; 11 & 12. Diane Koutsis-Hemmi]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->