A Retrospective: Junya Watanabe (2000-Present)

meme527

Reaction score
i hope i am not stepping on toes, but when i saw the faces of the people in the background, i couldn't wait to share this:

00003.L.JPG

:heart: :D

so, let's start our look at Watanabe in the 2000's!

meme

Last edited by a moderator:
fall 2000

00026.L.JPG
00045.L.JPG

00051.L.JPG
00063.L.JPG

from fall 2000......

now that you say it, i think i definetly see it... they also remind me of these traditional mexican "lamps", or rather adornments, but, they're made with "papel china", so they might as well be actually chinese... brian, do you know what was the inspiration for this collection?

Who's the scary bald dude oozing attitude in the leather jeans, behind one of the poof-o-matic frocks? (He kind of looks scared, as if he's meeting his antimatter counterpart.)

The man sitting behind the model in your very first pic here is Colin McDowell , one of the very best fashion journalists and writers in the world . He used to design for Valentino , for instance .

toohipforbrooklyn said:
now that you say it, i think i definetly see it... they also remind me of these traditional mexican "lamps", or rather adornments, but, they're made with "papel china", so they might as well be actually chinese... brian, do you know what was the inspiration for this collection?
Excuse my stupidity but could you explain what "papel china" is?

cbcb said:
Who's the scary bald dude oozing attitude in the leather jeans, behind one of the poof-o-matic frocks? (He kind of looks scared, as if he's meeting his antimatter counterpart.)
:lol: He's the owner of a shop in Cologne that sells CdG/Junya/Carpe Diem. If you think he looks scary, well, wait until you meet him; every time I've been in that store, I've ended up fleeing in terror, usually at the point where he started stripping off all his clothes and changing into the pieces that I'd pulled off the rack to try myself. (You probably think I'm joking. I'm not.)

droogist said:
:lol: He's the owner of a shop in Cologne that sells CdG/Junya/Carpe Diem. If you think he looks scary, well, wait until you meet him; every time I've been in that store, I've ended up fleeing in terror, usually at the point where he started stripping off all his clothes and changing into the pieces that I'd pulled off the rack to try myself. (You probably think I'm joking. I'm not.)
It's well worth going to Koln just to see taht, I wonder how he makes a profit if he scares away ppl.

....and I was thinking he was kinda hot:ninja::lol:

This is the collection that comes to mind every time I hear Watanabe:wub:

The first pic of the purple is my fav....beatiful:heart:

so ethereal and recherché....:heart:

another pic of the second dress:

Attachments

• g_obr_dan_02_01.jpg
    g_obr_dan_02_01.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads