Achieving Award Show/Red Carpet Looks

JENNIFER CONNELLY'S MAKEUP

Pink lips and khol-lined eyes played up the actress's classic beauty with a makeup look created by Genevieve using Lancôme products.
Four Easy Steps
1: Smudge Le Crayon Khôl in Black Ebony along top lash line and set with the black shade in the Les Gris L'Wren eye shadow palette.
2: Define liner at the bottom and inner corner of eyes with the palette's shimmer gray shade.
3: Top Ôscillation Mascara in Black with Hypnôse Drama in Le Noir L’Wren.
4: Define lips with L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick in rose-petal pink Le Rouge L’Wren.

people

Attachments

• jennifer-connolly-435.jpg
    jennifer-connolly-435.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2
Makeup artist Lorrie Turk created Taylor Swift's beautiful poppy-hued lipstick shade for the People's Choice Awards, and now we've got her instructions on what colors to use (and how to use them) to re-create the look. "I first used Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Passion ($7) to line her lips and also help the color stay through the night," she says. "I then finished by applying Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Flame ($8)."

Love how Mila Kunis wore a soft take on the smoky eye. The earth tones of her People's Choice Awards look were suitably dramatic, but easier to wear than the full-blown version. Makeup artist Rachel Goodwin created the look in a few steps. First, she applied the neutrals from Chanel's Winter Nights eye shadow quad. (Try extending the champagne shade to just underneath the brow, blending the tan into the crease, and smudging the dark green color along the lash line.) For a subtle khaki shimmer, she applied the brand's fluid eye shadow in Torrent. After lining Mila's inner lash line with a dark pencil eyeliner, she finished the look with mascara.

bellasugar

Attachments

• mila.jpg
    mila.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 6
  • taylor.jpg
    taylor.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2
Amy Adams @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Amy Adams look was created by celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern. Stern was inspired by the “painterly feel” of Adams’ Marchesa gown. She wanted a strong and defined look that was still natural.
  • Face: YSL Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation, Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in #2
  • Eyes: Lancome Taupe Craze Color Design 5 Pan Palette (February 2011), Lancome Minuit Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner, Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara in Black
  • Lips: Lancome Stylista Color Design Matte Lipcolor, Lancome Evening Lace L’Absolu Nu (March 2011)
Dianna Agron @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Dianna Agron was sporting a rather vampy lip at the Golden Globes!
Makeup How-to

“Dianna’s look was all about a bold, dark lip to offset her gorgeous white dress!” — Angela Levin
“I prepped Dianna’s skin with CHANEL Ultra Correction Line Repair Concentrate, and her base was Clea de Peau Foundation in shade 010. I defined her brows with CHANEL Precision Brow Definer in Blond Clair. On her lids, I used the CHANEL Eyeshadow Duo in Khaki-Clair, and Shiseido Dark Brown Tint Liner to line the eyes. I then applied two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir. To complete the look, I lined her lips with Bobbi Brown Lip Liner in Henna, and applied CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Ballet Russe.” (source - temptalia.com)

Attachments

• diannaagron001.jpg
    diannaagron001.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 5
  • amyadams001.jpg
    amyadams001.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 2
Halle Berry @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Halle Berry is a Revlon Brand Ambassador, and Revlon shared a breakdown of her Golden Globe look…
  • Face: Revlon Aqua Mineral Makeup in Medium Deep, Revlon Matte Blush in Perfectly Peach
  • Eyes: Revlon Fabulash Mascara in Black, Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon in Black Smoke, Revlon CustomEyes Shadow in Smoky Sexy
  • Lips: Revlon Colorburst in Soft Nude
Megan Fox @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Megan Fox goes for lash drama and pale pink lips and cheeks with her Golden Globes look. Giorgio Armani dressed Megan in a custom designed pale pink Giorgio Armani Prive evening gown. The dress featured an asymmetrical Swarovski adorned strap that was woven through a fitted bustier, layered with silk and Swarovski crystals. The dramatic silhouette was enhanced with a high front slit, open cutout back and cascading chiffon train.
As the ambassador for Giorgio Armani Beauty, Megan featured the latest selections of cosmetics from the Giorgio Armani Beauty line. Expert makeup artist, Monika Blunder, worked with Megan to achieve a feminine and ultra glamorous look. Megan’s elegant pale pink Giorgio Armani Prive gown was the source of Blunder’s inspiration. “I wanted the soft palette and color range of Megan’s dress to be incorporated in the makeup, with a major emphasis on the eye,” states Blunder. Monika began by lining Megan’s eyes with black Maestro Liquid Eyeliner. To create the smoky effect, she layered Maestro Eye Shadows #12, #18 and #38, and finished with Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara on Megan’s lashes. Blunder then used Blending Blush Duo #4 on cheeks and finished the look with Rouge d’Armani #506, topped with Lip Shimmer #22 on Megan’s lips.

(temptalia.com)

Attachments

• halleberry001.jpg
    halleberry001.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 3
  • meganfox001.jpg
    meganfox001.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 5
Christina Hendricks @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Christina Hendricks opts for head-to-toe red — love her eye makeup!
Makeup How-to

NARS worked with celebrity makeup artist Vanessa Scali to create Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks’ exuberant look for the 68th annual Golden Globe Awards. “I had this vision of a big, doe-eyed, lashy look from the late 70s and early 80s. To keep it modern, I kept the skin dewy with shimmering eyes and added a pop of matte texture on the lips,” said Vanessa.
  • Face: PRO-PRIME Multi Protect Primer With SPF (February 1st at Sephora), Sheer Glow Foundation, Copacabana Illuminator (February 15th), Desire Blush
  • Eyes: Calanque Trio Eyeshadow, Hollywoodland Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, Nuits Blanches Eyeliner Stylo, Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
  • Lips: Vesuvio Pure Matte Lipstick
Anne Hathaway @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Anne Hathaway wears a sequin-heavy bronze dress with a plunging back.
Makeup How-to

“Anne wore a nude rose sequin gown. The dress featured a strong shoulder, so I wanted to make sure the make up was approachable and feminine to allow the dress its full attention.” — Kate Lee
I used CHANEL Sublimage Concentrate to add an intense boost of hydration to the skin. Next I used Nars Oil free pro prime to help the make up to stay put. The foundation was CHANEL Vitalumiere Fluid Makeup, I love its dewy finish. I used Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting powder in Medium to pop Anne’s cheekbones. On the eyes, I used CHANEL Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Sand, which is like a toasty rose gold. In the socket I added depth by adding a little taupe shadow. I curled the lashes, applied one soft coat of CHANEL Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir, my go-to for all award shows! Her lips were prepped with CHANEL Hydramax + Active Lip Care, then blotted and given a coat of CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Mademoiselle, and then topped with CHANEL Coco Shine in Bel Ami which gave the rose a violet hue (available in April). I tucked the lip color plus the CHANEL Natural Finish Pressed Powder compact inside her purse, and off she went!” (source - temptalia.com)

Attachments

• christinahendricks001.jpg
    christinahendricks001.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1
  • annehathaway001.jpg
    annehathaway001.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 2
January Jones @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

January Jones is wearing one of the racier gowns I’ve seen at this year’s Golden Globes… whew! Not work safe, I’d say…
Makeup How-to

“January’s look was all about strength – there was nothing demure about it! I wanted to go for a super strong brow, and a high gloss red lip. 90′s supermodel meets old Hollywood glamour!” — Rachel Goodwin
“The makeup was simple with two strong elements. I prepped her skin with CHANEL Sublimage Concentrate. I then sculpted her cheeks with CHANEL Bronzing Makeup Base. On her lids, I used a wash of champagne coloured shadow, CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Liberty. I created a strong, bold defined brow with the CHANEL Perfect Brows palette, and applied two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir. Finally, I knew I wanted to go for a glossy red lip as opposed to a matte red, to keep the look fresh and not too retro. I used an amazing red gloss, CHANEL Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Excess, to complete January’s strong red carpet look.”

Nicole Kidman @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Nicole Kidman also opts for a simple, soft look with a shimmering pale pink lip.
Makeup How-to

“Nicole’s dress was a stunning, elegant white gown, so I wanted to add a bit of edge with the makeup. The Golden Globes were all about a touch ofrock and roll this year!” — Angela Levin
“I prepped the Nicole’s skin with CHANEL Sublimage Concentrate, and applied CHANEL Pro Lumiere Makeup in Nude. On her eyes I used the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Winter Nights, and three coats of CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir. Her cheeks were CHANEL Powder Blush in In Love. I finished off her lips with CHANEL Rouge Allure Laque in Ming.” (source - temptalia.com)

Attachments

• januaryjones002.jpg
    januaryjones002.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 11
  • nicolekidman001.jpg
    nicolekidman001.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 4
Sandra Bullock @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Sandra Bullock is beautiful with her smoldering smoky eyes!
Makeup How-to

“My inspiration for Sandra was rock and roll with just a touch of disco!! Sandra and I agreed that a strong semi rock and roll eye with a touch of glamour would work well using similar colors that are in the jewels and dress and taking in consideration the bangs and hair style.” — Angela Levin
“I prepped Sandra’s skin with the CHANEL Sublimage Concentrate, and then applied CHANEL Hydramax + Active Cream. On her eyes I first used CHANEL then using a combination of all colours from the Ombres Perlees de CHANEL Eyeshadow Palette, using the dark shades on the outside and working my way in to the lightest. I lined her eyes with CHANEL Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Ebene, and then applied two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir. I powdered her face with CHANEL Natural Finish Pressed Powder, and CHANEL Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Tweed Pink. Finally, on her lips I used CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Chintz.”

Natalie Portman @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Natalie Portman goes simple and natural–but with a pinky red lip–in a pink dress by Viktor and Rolf.
Makeup How-to

Makeup artist Sarai Fiszel created a luminous look for Portman, inspired by her dust-pink strapless dress adorned with a hand embroidered red silk rose.
  • Face: Dior Hydra Life Sorbet Creme, DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Makeup #020, DiorBlush in Rosebud
  • Eyes: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Soft Pink Design #018, Diorshow Lash Maximizer, Diorshow Iconic Mascara, Dior Waterproof Crayon Eyeliner in Trinidad Black
  • Lips: Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Star Fuchsia #766 (source - temptalia.com)

Attachments

• sandrabullock001.jpg
    sandrabullock001.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 5
  • natalieportman001.jpg
    natalieportman001.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 4
Olivia Wilde – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Olivia Wilde also seems to be sporting a grayish (perhaps with some brown) smoky eye–guess gray is big for this spring. Her gown fit-for-a-princess is by Marchesa.
Makeup How-to

NARS worked with celebrity makeup artist Spencer Barnes to create presenter Olivia Wilde’s glowing look for the 68th annual Golden Globe Awards.
“Olivia’s look was inspired by images she collected of what she refers to as ‘the French girl.’ I wanted her skin to be fresh and clean with eyes that extended outward. Touches of rose gold and sheer pink-veiled lips completed her youthful coquette-ish look,” Spencer said.
  • Face: Sheer Glow Foundation, PRO-PRIME Multi Protect Primer With SPF (February 1st exclusively at Sephora), Copacabana Illuminator (February 15th), Amour Blush
  • Eyes: PRO-PRIME Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, Nouveau Monde Duo Eyeshadow, Hollywoodland Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, Mambo Eyeliner Pencil, Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara
  • Lips: Fantasia Lipliner Pencil, Madere Pure Matte Lipstick, Frivolous Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil
Michelle Williams @ 68th Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Williams has always been a favorite of mine, and I’m actually loving the coral lip on her. Hope we can find out what she’s wearing!
Makeup How-to

“We were inspired by the classic beauty of Jean Seberg and Mia Farrow. Luminous fresh skin was key, and a super lashed eye gave a nod to those classic beauties. A fresh coral lip kept the look modern and new.” — Jeanine Lobell
“As a base, I used a new foundation from CHANEL, Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 (available in March). It’s a super light, sheer formula with great coverage. On Michelle’s cheeks, I used CHANEL Powder Blush in Espiegle, a beautiful shimmery pink-coral. Her eyes were Kevyn Aucoin Essential Eye Shadow Palette #2, and applied two coats of Kevyn Aucoin Lash Curler Volume Mascara. I set her brows with CHANEL Perfect Brows. Finally, on her lips I used CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Chalys.” (temptalia.com)

Attachments

• oliviawilde001.jpg
    oliviawilde001.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 7
  • michellewilliams001.jpg
    michellewilliams001.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 5
Scarlet Johansson, the face of Dolce & Gabbana’s make-up line, complemented her delicate Golden Globes gown with a soft, glowing make-up look from the Italian house’s beauty range that highlighted her trademark cheekbones.
How to get Scarlett’s look:
Make-up artist Matthew Vanleeuwen used Perfect Finish Creamy Foundation in Classic as a base. He then shaded and outlined her eyes with Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Desert and Smooth Eye Shadow Duo in Desire to give deep peach and pink accents. Finally, he used The Illuminator in Eva to highlight brow, cheekbones and nose and applied a berry toned stain to Scarlett’s lips using Classic Cream Lipstick. Voila – simply stunning! (instyle.co.uk)

Attachments

• Scarlett_Johansson_Golden_Globes_HAir_Make-UP.jpg
    Scarlett_Johansson_Golden_Globes_HAir_Make-UP.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 3
Mila Kunis

At the 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards tonight, celebrity makeup artist Tracey Levy gave Mila Kunis a fresh and effortless look, with a touch of Audrey Hepburn.

Face
* Lancome Teint Miracle Lit-from-Within Foundation
* Lancome Blush Subtil in Sheer Amourose

Eyes

* Lancome Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Coral Crush
* Lancome Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Teal Fury
* Lancome Hypnôse Drama Mascara in Excessive Black

Lips

* Lancome L’Absolu Nu in Coral Ribbon

source: makeupforlife

Attachments

• mila-kunis-2010-golden-globes-makeup-fashion.jpg
    mila-kunis-2010-golden-globes-makeup-fashion.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
this was one of my fave looks at last nights SAG awards.

picture and info from temptalia

Christina Hendricks @ 2011 SAG Awards

Christina Hendricks had her makeup done by celebrity makeup artist Vanessa Scali using CoverGirl.
Makeup Breakdown

Christina was inspired by Brigitte Bardot’s black smoky eyes and nude face. So, we went in this direction but softened the look for the red carpet by using a creamy, shimmery shadow in gunmetal. This gives the eye shadow a transparent quality that makes the look very strong but also very modern.
I am always sparing with foundation but especially with Christina’s nearly flawless skin. I used NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Alabaster, which was perfect for fresh, lightweight coverage. For a hint of color, I used Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Plush Peach on the apples of the cheeks, looking polished and fresh.
For Christina’s timeless smoky eye, I used Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke on the lid from just above the crease down to the lash line. I swept out past the natural lash line at the outer corners of the eye to exaggerate the eye size and add a touch of red carpet drama.
Also, to define the lash line, I used LiquiLine Blast Eyeliner in Black Fire. This pencil defines the eye by leaving intense color at the lash line but is very blendable for a soft look at the edges. Never leave home without lush and lengthy lashes, I used LashBlast Fusion Mascara in Very Black to create just that.
Strong eyes look great paired with clean, uncomplicated skin. Keep it fresh by powdering in the T-zone only, using Clean Pressed Powder, Sensitive Skin in Ivory.
Finally, to complement the smoky eye, I wanted to use brown undertones, so I chose Lip Perfection Lipstick in Kiss, perfect for red carpet glam!

Attachments

• sag_christinahendricks001.jpg
    sag_christinahendricks001.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3
Natalie Portman @ 2011 SAG Awards

Natalie Portman wore Dior Beauty as the face of Miss Dior Cherie. Makeup artist Eileen Kastner-Delago created a look inspired by “Old Hollywood with a modern twist” for Portman. “I wanted to give her dewy, glowing skin and slightly smokey eyes with a natural lip color,” said Kastner-Delago.
Makeup Breakdown

• face: Dior Capture Totale High Definition Serum Foundation, Dior Skinflash in Sunbeam #003, DiorSkin Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder
  • eyes: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Stylish Move #970 and Sunset Cafe #440, Diorshow Mascara in black
  • lips: Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Pink Protegee #664 and Dior Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Satin Peach #236 (pic + info from temptalia.com)

Attachments

• sag_natalieportman001.jpg
    sag_natalieportman001.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 3

Katy wore an Armani Prive dress with a jewel encrusted bar and light-up angel wings. The inspiration for the beauty look was “Disco Angel” it was angelic, sparkly and ethereal. I wanted to play off the textures in the dress and wings.
For Katy’s multi-colored eye, I first applied the lavender shade of COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Silver Sky all along the top lid from lashline to crease and blended with my fingertips. Cream shadows are great adhesive for glitter, which was perfect for applying Makeup For Ever Glitter on the lid by tapping it with my finger. I then applied COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast in Green Glow along the lower water line and lower lashes and blended it with a small brush to smoke it out. I finished the eyes with 2 coats on top and bottom of COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion in Black.
I first prepped her skin with NARS gentle cream cleanser and aqua gel hydrator. I love the aqua gel because it doesn’t make her skin greasy but keeps it moisturized. Katy’s face was flawless, polished skin set with a shimmery pink blush and then I dusted glitter on her cheekbones to add to the sparkle.
On her lips, I created a rich pink look with COVERGIRL LipPerfection lipcolor in Temptress for the red carpet and then changed it to a brighter berry pink/red for her performance using LipPerfection lipcolor in Tempt. — Jake Bailey, Celebrity Makeup Artist (temptalia.com)

Cate Blanchett arrives at the 2011 Oscars on Sunday, February 27th.
Celebrity makeup artist Robin Fredriksz made up Cate Blanchett in icy cool tones that complemented her pale lavender gown. The focus: softly defined smoky eyes.
  • Face: SK-II skincare, including mask, under-eye pads and moisturizer, to prep skin, Lancome Teint Miracle Lit-from-Within Foundation, Lancome Blush Subtil in Miel Glace
  • Eyes: Lancome Color Design Eye Shadow in Latte (all over the eyes), Lancome Color Design Eye Shadow in Volcano (in the crease), Lancome Color Design Eye Shadow in Ciel du Soir (as liner on lid and lower lash line), Lancome Définicils Precious Cells Mascara in Black
  • Lips: Lancome Color Design Lipcolor in Pale Lip (temptalia.com)

Attachments

• cateblanchett001.jpg
    cateblanchett001.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 3
Mila Kunis arrives at the 2011 Oscars on Sunday, February 27th. Celebrity makeup artist Tracey Levy took inspiration for Mila Kunis’ Oscar look directly from the star’s bold yet feminine lilac gown. The result—sultry and beautifully defined.
  • Face: Lancome Teint Miracle Lit-from-Within Foundation, Lancome Blush Subtil in Sheer Amourose
  • Eyes: Lancome Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Coral Crush, Lancome Color Design Eye Shadow in Impress, Lancome Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner in Black, Lancome Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara in Black
  • Lips: Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Blazing Pink, Lancome La Laque Fever Lipshine in Lucent Nude (temptalia.com)

Attachments

• milakunis001.jpg
    milakunis001.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1
more looks from last night from temtalia.

Amy Adams arrives at the 2011 Oscars on Sunday, February 27th. The Fighter’s Amy Adams, nominated for Best Supporting Actress, stepped out on the red carpet with bold lips and blue-hued eyes. Her look was “old Hollywood disco,” says makeup artist Molly Stern who noted the nominee left the room “radiating!”
  • Face: NARS Sex Appeal Blush
  • Eyes: NARS Hollywoodland Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, NARS Bateau Ivre Duo Eyeshadow
  • Lips: Baroque Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil
Michelle Williams
“Michelle’s skin is so fresh and beautiful. I applied CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup in B10, which allows her skin to shine though the makeup, creating a fresh look. I set the makeup with CHANEL Natural Finished Press Pressed Powder in Translucent 1. For eyes, we went for a light, ethereal smoky look mixing the shades in the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Smoky Eyes. I used the silvery shade as a base, and then used the pewter shade, taking it from the lash line up into the crease, adding shape to the eye. I then smudged the same shade in the lower lash line. I used the black shade, blended into the pewter, as a liner. I applied a few individual lashes in the center, and a lot of CHANEL Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir on the top and bottom. I used the CHANEL Precision Brow Definer in Blond Claire to define the brow. To create a glowing pink cheek, I applied CHANEL Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Pink Tweed. I mixed her lip colour, CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Rose Dentelle, with a bit of the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, which creates the effect of the lips blending into the face.”

Attachments

• amyadams001.jpg
    amyadams001.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 1
  • michellewilliams001.jpg
    michellewilliams001.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3
Gwyneth Paltrow arrives at the 2011 Oscars on Sunday, February 27th. Celebrity makeup artist Leslie Lopez said, “Gwyneth is very regal looking, she reminds me of Grace Kelly. Her dress was a gorgeous gold Calvin Klein gown. I wanted her to look classic and beautiful, and at the same time approachable.”
“I prepped her skin with CHANEL Sublimage Essential Regenerating Cream, then used CHANEL Vitalumiere Fluid Makeup in Beige as a base, and applied CHANEL Long-Lasting Concealer in Beige Ivoire. On her eyes I used CHANEL Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Delta. I applied the shadow all over the lid, and then used CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Trace in the crease. I then mixed the brown and taupe shades in CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Mystic Eyes around the eyelid. I lined the eyes with CHANEL Precision Eye Definer in Brun, and applied two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Masarca in Noir, concentrating on the outer corners to make the eyes pop. To give a warmth to her skin, I used Soleil Tan de CHANEL in Terre Ambre. On the apples of her cheeks, I used CHANEL Tweed Blush Duo in Tweed Fuchsia. For her lips I used CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in Canotier, (available in April) topped with CHANEL Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Insouciance.”
Natalie Portman arrives at the 2011 Oscars on Sunday, February 27th. Makeup artist Eileen Kastner-Delago created a glowing look for Natalie Portman, the face of Miss Dior Cherie. “I was inspired by her dress so I went with more purple tones,” said Kastner-Delago.
  • Skin: Dior Capture Totale One Essential, Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Foundation #020 and #030, Diorskin Nude Hydrating Concealer #002
  • Eyes: Dior 1-Colour Eyeshadow in #546 Gold Touch, Dior 2-Colour Eyeshadow in Purple Look #885, Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Extase Pinks #804, Diorshow Waterproof Mascara in Black, Diorshow Iconic Mascara in Navy Blue.
  • Lips: Dior Addict Lipstick #623 Infamous Pink, Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Apricot Cloche #436.
  • Cheeks: DiorBlush in Peechy Keen #553.
Mandy Moore @ 2011 Oscars

Mandy Moore arrives at the 2011 Oscars on Sunday, February 27th. NARS worked with celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams to create the look forTangled’s Mandy Moore who stepped out both on the red carpet and on stage at tonight’s Academy Awards. “We wanted her makeup to have a strong pop,” said Kayleen about Mandy’s red carpet lips. “I was so inspired by all the coral and orange lips on the runway for spring so I did a tangerine version on the lips and cheeks.”
  • Face: NARS PRO-PRIME Pore REfining Primer, NARS Sheer Matte Foundatoin, NARS Copacabana Illuminator
  • Eyes: NARS PRO-PRIME Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, NARS Corfu Cream Eyeshadow, NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow, NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
  • Lips: Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (temptalia.com)

Attachments

• gwynethpaltrow001.jpg
    gwynethpaltrow001.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 3
  • natalieportman001.jpg
    natalieportman001.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 2
  • mandymoore001.jpg
    mandymoore001.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1
Scarlett Johansson definitely caught our eyes when she walked the 2011 Oscars red carpet wearing sultry eye makeup.

So what's the secret behind Johansson's eye-popping makeup?

Celebrity makeup artist Gianpaolo Ceciliato accentuated the 26-year-old starlet's tousled bob hairstyle with a rusty shadow from Dolce & Gabbana's Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli. He lined her lids in the Eyeliner in gold and applied tons of the Mascara in black. Ceciliato brushed on the Illuminator in Eva onto the apples of Scar Jo's cheeks to create a lit-from-within look and finished with the Lipgloss in Candy.

Photo: Lionel Hahn/Abaca Press/MCT
info source: stylist

Attachments

• scarlett-johansson-2011-oscars590.jpg
    scarlett-johansson-2011-oscars590.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi guys I have a question concerning achieving red-carpet looks:

I would like to get the slightly white-silvery glow that some stars show at their cheeks up to their forehead at some red carpet events and I would be really greatful if anyone could give me tipps which products could give that glow, some kind of illuminator, finishing make-up product or blush or creamy illuminator...:flower:

sources:talkingmakeup.com & scarlett-johansson-archive.blogspot.com/

and how do they achieve the so-glowing face - my face doesn't glow like that even after putting on foundation...

Last edited by a moderator:
^Jomarluska that's called a highlighter :flower: It goes after foundation and blush on the high points of your face like on top of your cheeks, on the brow bones and sometimes (though I find it a bit much) on the bridge of the nose.
Here's a video on it, that explains it better!
(be sure to watch in 720p resolution and full screen to see the light picking up on little details)

The best ones I've used (I'm very pale!) is Amber Diamond by Dior, if you prefer powder, and Benefit's High Beam in liquid form :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->