Adina Fohlin

I miss Adina on the runway, saw her about a month ago riding a bike around Union Square(NYC)...she winked at me. I guess I was staring to hard trying to figure if that was her or not

But here's her opening the Gucci F/W 2004 2005 Fashion Show

I've spotted her a few times around NYC just shopping, buying grocery/household things, once with a bouquet of flowers in her hands in a long sun dress. I don't know how tall her agency says she is, but in flats, she looked over 6 feet.

There is a Vogue Italia interview video of Adina here, from August 2011.

It may sound as the ordinary, common story of the model scouted while strolling down the street. But one of the first to see Adina Fohlin’s pictures who was 16 at the time, was Emmanuelle Alt, at the time working as a fashion editor for Vogue France and now its Editor-in-Chief.

What struck
Alt, in 2000, were neither the model’s blue eyes and her long brown hair, nor her height, 5ft 6in but rather her eccentric and very individual look. And also her deep gaze, that surely did not go unnoticed. And it is not by accident that all those who have worked with the Swedish model claim the same thing: she is not like the others.

Starting from her face features that are very different from the doll-like and elphin-like faces we often see on the catwalk. Addi, as friends call her, did not seem too keen on fashion, because
her dream, at least at the beginning, was to be a dancer.

She studied ballet at the
Royal Swedish Opera, but in the meantime also began working for Next, the agency that launched her right away on international prêt-à-porter runways. Not too satisfied with her career, in 2003, after being the face of Moschino and opening shows for Donna Karan and Marc Jacobs in New York, thought about quitting. But when Myriam Obadiah, the creative director at her agency, told her that Alexander McQueen was looking for someone exactly like her for his Parisian show, someone unconventionally looking, far removed from the stereotype of the typical model, she reconsidered.

And she did the right thing, because
the collaboration with McQueen launched her on top runways, and she became soon a much-coveted name, by Christian Dior, Prada, Stella McCartney, Viktor and Rolf, Alberta Ferretti, Chanel, YSL Rive Gauche, Gucci. Meanwhile she posed for editorials and magazine covers like Vogue Italia and Vogue Japan, Flair, Revue de Modes, Elle, The Face, i-D, Numéro.

She was the face of
Alessandro Dell'Acqua ad campaign, and was shot by top photographers Steven Meisel, Patrick Demarchelier, Mario Testino, Laetitia Negre, Andreas Larsson. Other campaigns include those for Rocco Barocco, Extè, Tommy Hilfiger and David Yurman.

Until she appeared in a commercial that rather than success brought her notoriety also with people who don’t follow fashion: in 2009, after appearing in a video for Swedish personal care products brand
Apoliva, Adina became, in spite of herself, the target of a derogatory campaign on the internet.

The commercial shows the supermodel singing a traditional Swedish song and in the meantime around her the weather changes, going from snowstorm to sunshine. The Swedish viewers found the ad somehow scaring, so much as to create groups on Facebook or other social networks to support all the people terrified by Adina.

But, being a witty girl she did not take it personally, and laughed the whole thing off. The right thing to do.

Director Tommaso Cardile

Interview and styling Vittoria Cerciello

Clothes and accessories America Apparel, Costume National, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Rag & Bone

Hair and make up Nico Guilis

Editing Max Finotti

Text Marika Surace

d.repubblica.it

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a new ed?! If so Im intrigued! Looking incredible, a dead ringer for Isabeli in a few shots. More!

Sooo beyond glad to see new work from her:woot::woot:. She was probably one of THE most distinct & intriguing faces of her time and nothing would please me more than to see her mount a major comeback^_^

New pics:woot:!!!

VVV Magazine Spring/Summer 2015
X-Rated

xrated7.jpg

vvvmag.com

:wub::heart:

Buffalo Zine by Nina Andersson
Styling by Julie von Hofsten
Hair & Make Up by Maja Soderlunds
buff_spread1.jpg
mg_9996.jpg
mg_8375.jpg