Alexa Chung for Madewell

Does anyone know if this collection is going to be available for people in the UK?

^^ me too. does anyone know if it is available to people in the UK?

It's not going to be available for a while, but when it is I know there is a US site called shopbop which will most probably stock it and deliver internationally. I can't wait for it, I want pretty much nearly everything!

It's not going to be available for a while, but when it is I know there is a US site called shopbop which will most probably stock it and deliver internationally. I can't wait for it, I want pretty much nearly everything!

:woot: thank god!

it says in a few interviews that it'll be available online at madewell1937, ive also heard that madewell are going online, maybe they might make an online shop in time for the alexa launch? (here's me hoping!!)

Alexa said on her twitter its being released in September.

It will launch on 10 September as part of Fashion's Night Out and will definitely be available to buy online.

Not a bad collection, some of the pieces are quite nice

I don't know if this is how Madewell usually does their stuff or if it sold poorly, but this line went on sale pretty fast. I bought the high rise jeans and shorts for a fraction of the original price. I love the items I got, but the quality of the clothes weren't worth what they were originally priced at. Good thing I got them on sale.

a lot of the items were on clearance at my local store as well. if you were considering getting any of the items, now is the time to go back.

I got a few things on sale too. Good thing I called the stores... at first I didn't think much of this collection, but once I saw the pieces separately I thought they were really classic and great for everyday wear. Aside from the Tennessee dress, I got the Lydia coat, a bat tee, and the overall striped dress.

pieces from the new fall collection out 9/22 via instyle.

i hope the palm print top doesnt look too pajama-y.

Attachments

• 082311-alexa-2-383.jpg
    082311-alexa-2-383.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 5
  • 082311-alexa-4-383.jpg
    082311-alexa-4-383.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 082311-alexa-5-500.jpg
    082311-alexa-5-500.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 5
i am surprised...
is she doing another little capsule collection with them...
or is she just continuing to get paid to promote them...
sort of like a spokesmodel...?
:unsure:...

cause like everyone in this thread says---
that first capsule collection she did really didn't sell very well from what we could see in the stores...
lots of stuff wound up on the sale racks...
i didn't think they were going to do another one after that outcome...

so what is the story with this?
anyone have the details?

tia
:flower:

Lucy, I believe the palm top is part of a PJ set from what I've read.

Here's the preview video for the new collection

certain pieces from the first collection sold out immediately and did well in new york and garnered $$ on ebay. however, people in my city werent that into it, hence all the markdowns...

Here it is....

all styled by Alexa herself.

fashionista.com

I think I preferred the last collection on the whole but there are a lot of pieces here that I like (highlights for me are the palm tree swing dress, the grey knitted sweater, red dress, plaid coat and cardigan.)

i really like the lace dress and the red dress, but i'm pretty meh about everything else. i'll probably pick one up if the prices are like last year's collection so hopefully it's not even more inflated this year..

It's funny... when the first collection was released I didn't care much because I didn't know much about Alexa and her career. I knew she had a "cute" style and that was pretty much it. I ended up liking a lot of the pieces and bought a few. They're actually pieces that I can wear all year long and style in so many different ways...

Liking the first one so much and having high hopes for this one, I'm sort of disappointed by what I see. I wanted to like it all so much! Except for the denim and grey sweaters, it all feels too trendy. I don't know if the model is to blame, but the coats don't fall beautifully like the ones from the first collection either.

Oh but I can't help but love the leopard ankle boots, despite their loudness. :ninja::heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->