Alexander McQueen F/W 2020.21 : Sora, Anok & Jill by Jamie Hawkesworth

bluebanter

Reaction score
Alexander McQueen F/W 2020.21 Campaign
oGBf1RI6_o.jpg

Weibo

It’s not bad, but it feels like an out take from another season.

Unexpected choice but I'm still very happy for Sora. Not really feeling the first shot so I'll wait to see the rest.

I wish they would get rid of that red border they keep doing now, it really doesn't do much.

Still don't understand what to say I kinda stuck to this tell me about it...Jamie Hawkesworth is a photographer first of all and alexander mcqueen is a fashion designer so is this their combined project?

Reactions: KoV
Still don't understand what to say I kinda stuck to this tell me about it...Jamie Hawkesworth is a photographer first of all and alexander mcqueen is a fashion designer so is this their combined project?
Alexander McQueen is a famous designer and he died at 2010. After his death, Sarah Burton became the creative director of the brand. Every season brands are releasing campaigns to advertise their collections on magazines/social media etc. They work with the photographer that suits the aesthetic of the brand or collection most. For promote the collection of Fall/Winter 2020 season Alexander McQueen hired Jamie Hawkesworth as photographer. I hope i made it clear.

Excited to see the rest (because I love Jamie and Sora) but this shot in particular doesn't inspire me much.

The picture is pretty but the dress looks very bad. I wish they had hired a more experimental photographer. Maybe it would have helped an already dull collection.

I have always been a fan of Hawkesworth, his play of light and atmosphere is able to capture the mood of a scene instead of just making a photoshoot, which makes Sarah’s clothes more desirable than they really are, the turning back of her holding her dress is very elegant and regal.

Alexander McQueen is a famous designer and he died at 2010. After his death, Sarah Burton became the creative director of the brand. Every season brands are releasing campaigns to advertise their collections on magazines/social media etc. They work with the photographer that suits the aesthetic of the brand or collection most. For promote the collection of Fall/Winter 2020 season Alexander McQueen hired Jamie Hawkesworth as photographer. I hope i made it clear.
yes it is clear now i was not sure about the sharah burton become the director after the dead of mcqueen...

i like the photo but it looks like a part of an editorial rather than a strong campaign image

would like to see the rest

I don't like that logo and I don't like that dress. Sarah Burton has been on autopilot for the past 5 years. The only good campaigns she's done was Raquel by Nick Knight and the one in San Francisco. I want to see her explore the dna of the brand some more. Where is the sex and the fantasy? No one wants to look like a celibate old victorian.

Fashion Business 101 right here.

Eh it’s okay, I’ll have to see the rest of it. But this image is ok, it’s nothing special or exciting about it. It’s not bad but it’s not great either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->