Anna Wintour received a pie in her face !

taz

MUSE
Reaction score
r2001379376.jpg
r4080542703.jpg

U.S. Vogue editor Anna Wintour reacts after having a pie thrown at her face on her way to the Chloe show at Jardin des Tuileries in Paris October 8, 2005 as part of the Spring/Summer 2006 ready-to-wear fashion collection. The fashion magazine editor had a pie thrown at her by a PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) supporter protesting against the promotion of fur in the magazine. REUTERS/Handout

from yahoo news:innocent:

an annoying as she is, no one deserves that on the basis of fur.

too bad...... :rolleyes:

peta has been going wild this season.... great they're getting even more exposure....

will anna ever realise how evil she is!?:angry:

mb117 said:
an annoying as she is, no one deserves that on the basis of fur.

she does darling.... ...if only you knew how influential she is in the fashion industry.... it's too horrible.....

ughh I think PETA should use a different approach to getting their message across..:innocent:

All I have to say....very entertaining
and Fashion just got a little sweeter!!

Again?? Didn't she get a pie in the face at last season's Paris shows? :lol:

Kimkhuu said:
she does darling.... ...if only you knew how influential she is in the fashion industry.... it's too horrible.....

No she doesn't. Just because one doesn't agree with her views doesn't mean that she deserves it. I bet a lot of people disagree with stuff that you do. Would you like a pie in the face every time someone disagrees with what you do or say?

There are tons of influential people such as judges, lawyers, and celebs who are disagreed with but don't get pies in the face.

With your reasoning everyone deserves to get a pie in the face every couple of weeks...think about how silly that reasoning is.

Bonchic said:
ughh I think PETA should use a different approach to getting their message across..

Agreed. Quite frankly I find the people of PETA are making morons out of themselves. They're tactics are stupid.

Firstly, throwing pies in her face only draws more attention to her and her influence.

Secondly, in the begining they probably thought humiliating her would make her stop. It obviously hasn't! So now they're just humiliating themselves making themselves look really stupid by putting themselves out of there way to do something that doesn’t even make a difference. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ You took the very words out of my mouth. Peta cannot expect to be taken seriously when they behave like children.

No she doesn't. Just because one doesn't agree with her views doesn't mean that she deserves it. I bet a lot of people disagree with stuff that you do. Would you like a pie in the face every time someone disagrees with what you do or say?

You're not really arguing that she doesn't deserve it - you're arguing that people shouldn't do things like that, because it would lead to mass pie-ing. Whether or not she deserves it is always going to be a value-judgement...

Kimkhuu said:
will anna ever realise how evil she is!?:angry:

Thats harsh, Especially coming from a person who eats meat! :lol:

If she wasn't wearing cute little animal furs but instead was wearing pig skin would she still be evil?

Is it only evil when it's cute animals? :rolleyes:

PrinceOfCats said:
You're not really arguing that she doesn't deserve it - you're arguing that people shouldn't do things like that, because it would lead to mass pie-ing. Whether or not she deserves it is always going to be a value-judgement...

No I'm arguing that sane people realize that assaulting people with pies is stupid and undeserved.

And these PETA people obviously have warped values and judgment when they're assaulting someone who wears fur but not assaulting a man who is killing 500 people a day. Basically they're putting more importance on the life of something that is "cute" instead of human beings.

Last edited by a moderator:
CelineChic said:
No I'm arguing that sane people realize that assaulting people with pies is stupid and undeserved.

And these PETA people obviously have warped values and judgment when they're assaulting someone who wears fur but not assaulting a man who is killing 500 people a day. Basically they're putting more important on the life of something that is "cute" instead of human beings.

It doesn't matter if it is stupid, how can you possibly prove that Anna Wintour does not deserve a pie in the face?

As for PETA, anyone who cares more about animals than humans is weird and clearly dangerous. I think that's pretty much an established fact amongst intelligent sane people.

I'm not going to say she doesn't deserve it.

Yes it might have been childish, stupid, etc. but I'm not going to feel sorry for her.

well i'm disgusted....
as far as i'm concerned, the people of peta need to GROW UP...
and find a better way to communicate their beliefs...

they are like children who go around hitting and spitting and biting....
who need their mothers and teachers to show them alternate ways of managing conflict....

only they are grown adults....supposedly trying to spread a mature, thoughtful belief....
who would have guessed.....:innocent:

well then they need to SERIOUSLY work on monitoring who does and doesnt represent their organization....
because they've obviously let some fools slip in.....

This is wrong.

PETA is like Al-Qaeda. Terrorizing people that do not agree with there view.

Absolutly inappropriate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeddicus2137
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->