Are stars the new skulls ?

snowqueen

Reaction score
ok so in the past year or so stars have been about, hiding away in the background .. but seriously in the last month they have just exploded as as street trend.. on everything from scarfs to tee too necklaces. Ok so we know everyone and there mum had the star tattoos.. but stars clothing and assoesories and bags .. something everywere or more regional ??

Every magazine it seems has picked up on this trend .. time to dig out the scanner i thinks ..^_^

anyone else recon stars are the new skull ??

i've already noticed the emergence of stars, too. they are absolutely everywhere here in germany, prints or tattoos, and i'm getting bored of them.
besides, i don't like them. they are so "rockabilly", which is absolutely not my kind of style. all the emo kids are wearing them here - akward!

well the girls from my class weren't able to draw back skulls on there hands :lol:
that's why they prefer stars

so true...the tiny star tatoo on the outside of your thumb is getting rather passe

but if the SS08 chanel and YSL shows were any indication, stars are still shining on

Last edited by a moderator:
There certainly are a lot more stars around these days. I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing (I love stars)

W magazine anyone...:innocent:...

and i would say a big fat YES!!...
stars are here...

:magic:

just a few :wink:

chanel
22m.jpg

21m.jpg

77m.jpg

ysl
00490m.jpg

00510t.jpg

00560t.jpg

00570m.jpg

00810m.jpg

all=style.com

i don't think so. part of the allure of skulls are that the image is associated with rebellion, death, being badass,etcc,...
...stars, though, i always just associate them with being patriotic in a dorky way :lol:
but after seeing this pics, i guess they might become a huge trend.

i agree...i always associate stars with americana and patriotism (and its not dorky at all...the chanel show reminded me of uncle sam and abe lincoln, which is eve nerdier ^_^)

but these is something slightly rebellious and avant garde about stars

I hope so!

Yves Saint Laurent S/S 08

fasstopsy05vjn5.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's like the skull trend but not the same...I love the clothes in this thread but unfortunately do all the emo kids wear stars & skulls. :rolleyes:

yeah absolutely. I think they have been here for quite some time.. IMO it really started with Miu Miu in the s/s 06 collection..

00020m.jpg
00210m.jpg

00300m.jpg
00290m.jpg

[style.com]

I think it can easy look very trend-ish.. Specially the stuff from h&m and other high street shops..

but I do like some star pieces. Especially when it's a bit circus and ice-skating princess-ish :blush: I like it sparkley.. :lol:
.. :wub:

I think my favorite so far is the Yves saint Laurent s/s 08 in post #13

you know what, those stars in the 1st two outfits^ of miu miu s/s 06 are direct copies of "Russian Constructivist" textile prints from around the 1920s, 30s... well, i suppose they wouldn't use colours like those

i always loved this star shirt that kate moss wore, w/white stars on a white field. :blush:

Attachments

• kate grey jeans.jpg
    kate grey jeans.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 14
you know what, those stars in the 1st two outfits^ of miu miu s/s 06 are direct copies of "Russian Constructivist" textile prints from around the 1920s, 30s... well, i suppose they wouldn't use colours like those
Really, interesting...
I'm not surprised though :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->