ASOS.com

How long does shipping take in Canada? Still waiting on my item and it's been 10 days...

How long does shipping take in Canada? Still waiting on my item and it's been 10 days...
Now with the snow condition in Europe, it probably takes longer. I am still waiting for a package sent 1 week ago...

Got these 2 and I love them! Leather jacket is better structured than the famous Zara one while the top is very soft.
Giveashit Top / Biker Leather Jacket

IMG_5360.JPG

IMG_5371.JPG

my pics

Does anybody own any faux fur coats from Asos?
I'm thinking about buying this coat, but I'm afraid maybe the fur isn't soft or the coat doesn't feel nice, or anything like it.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2655/capturadetela20130109s1.png[/IMG] http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2655/capturadetela20130109s1.png[/IMG]

The last article of faux-fur clothing i owned from asos shed like crazy, had to send it back. :yuk: By rule of thumb, if the fur looks rough/coarse/cheap in the detail photos, it probably is and will shed terribly. My friends have had luck with soft, smooth and fluffy faux fur from asos before, but usually at a higher price point.. It takes some close examination of the guide photos/runway videos (watching the movement of the fibres helps) to properly judge the texture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god, that giveashit Tshirt and leather jacket!:shock::heart:

The last article of faux-fur clothing i owned from asos shed like crazy, had to send it back. :yuk: By rule of thumb, if the fur looks rough/coarse/cheap in the detail photos, it probably is and will shed terribly. My friends have had luck with soft, smooth and fluffy faux fur from asos before, but usually at a higher price point.. It takes some close examination of the guide photos/runway videos (watching the movement of the fibres helps) to properly judge the texture.
Thanks for talking about your experience. The coat's price just went down, it's very inexpensive, but in the end, I think you are right and the fur will probably look cheap in real life.

Any experience with unreceived orders? It's been over a month...

I have! I contacted them and they asked me to "wait x more days". I did, and I still didn't receive my order, so I contacted them again. They usually offer either a refund or a new shipment, if they have the pieces in stock.

I received my order today. Super disappointed with some of the products. :( The oversized denim jacket is lovely, I'm already wearing it :blush: The watch necklace doesn't work of course, but I don't know what else I was expecting for 10€. The ballet flats are lovely, but will need some breaking in.
But the dresses... I ordered a cream lace skater dress, and it has this terrible half sized tulle underlayer, that makes it look overly poofy. And it's scandalously short (and I love short skirts!) I don't know what I'll do with it. The other was a navy shift dress with 3/4 length sleeves and I can already tell I'll have to iron it all the time. Plus the quality isn't amazing.
Really rethinking if I should get my spring wardrobe from there, like I've been planning. :unsure:

Oh, I do have to save the shipping was really quick, though. I think they deliver with DPD now, at least my package...

Any experience with unreceived orders? It's been over a month...

Send them a message. They'll either send the item again or give you a refund right away. I once even got both, although that wasn't my intention at all. I asked about a missing item from a gift set and not only did they send the whole set again, I also got a refund for the other one (and got to keep the other items included!). Their costumer service really is one of the best; at least in my experience.

Send them a message. They'll either send the item again or give you a refund right away. I once even got both, although that wasn't my intention at all. I asked about a missing item from a gift set and not only did they send the whole set again, I also got a refund for the other one (and got to keep the other items included!). Their costumer service really is one of the best; at least in my experience.

Which denim jacket?

Really rethinking if I should get my spring wardrobe from there, like I've been planning. :unsure:
While most ASOS brand clothing isn't great, I wouldn't dismiss ASOS altogether because they carry brands with way better quality clothing :smile:

^You really are right! I find that ASOS jackets are really nice quality (I have a few), while the dresses are usually not up to my standards.
Which brands from there have you had luck with in the past? :flower:

I have two pairs of ASOS trousers and they're pretty decent, too; I too find their dresses aren't so good, nor their shirts, which is a pity because they have a lot of cute ones... just they're so cheaply made!
I mostly use ASOS to buy bras on sale, as I often find killer deals, but some brands I've had luck with (and which have their own websites - I often compare prices and availability between both) are:
- Vero Moda
- Darling
- Oasis
- Warehouse (I've only ordered one item and sent it back because it didn't quite fit, but it was good quality)
- French Connection (usually more expensive)

I also want to try A Wear, as they have really pretty pieces, but they always sell out quickly in my size :(

^Thanks for the great advice! :flower: A friend of mine got their Bonjour jumper and it was SUCH bad quality. It shed, was paper thin and itched! Terrible.
Such a shame because their dresses and blouses really are so pretty... Btw, I've bought and A Wear dress from them before and it was lovely. Really thick material, but I would say if you're between sizes, go a size up - mine was a bit constricting in the underarm area.

I need some advice! I just ordered this navy/white dress from Gap (they have a 30% off code in the UK at the moment if anyone's lusting after anything) and I'm trying to decide which of these neon ASOS belts I should get to go with it....I'm leaning towards the yellow but I'm not sure. I'm pale skinned with light brown hair if it makes any difference!

cn5839315.jpg
image1xl1.jpg
image1xl2yh.jpg

image1xl3.jpg
image1xlkt.jpg

Gap/ASOS

Definitely yellow, it will go great with the dress and look very fresh.

If your skin is pale I'd go for the pink or bright orange one. These leave more room to co-ordinate your make-up and I'm generally not a fan of light skin and bright yellow as it tends to enhance blueish undertones and can turn a beautiful pale complexion into a rather unhealthy look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syailendra Aditya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->