Barbara Hulanicki for Topshop

WOOO my coral skirt arrived today LOVE IT...lovely and high waisted and the perfect length...will be gorgeous without tights, with tights, with long socks etc etc :smile: super happy

I got my stuff today:
- The grey suede blazer is my favorite, fits like a dream, perfect puffy shoulders, love it! Absolutely true to size.
- Same for the suede shorts, also true to size, they are really high waisted which I love. They're also very short, definitely fit like hotpants and not like shorts.
- The black jumpsuit is really pretty and has a seventies feeling. Runs a bit big, so if you're between sizes I would definitely choose the smaller size. It needs to be tight around the upper body.

I also liked the Barbara Hulanicki drawing that came with my online order. I'm glad they shipped it in a poster roll, and not folded.

As long as people are not interested in buying it, if anyone sees the cream blouse in their store, can you please let me know! (UK)
Do individuals shops send stuff out? am i just desperate! :blush:

I thought most of the collection was a bit blah and obvious.. the suede shorts and jacket were nice but very similar to the stuff Topshop unique is doing. I did however, love the high waisted/flared printed trousers but being 5ft 3 I think they'd probably trail behind me if I wore them :(

i recieved the cream blouse today and i do not like the fit at all :yuk:

received all my 3 things
*star print chiffon blouse
*coral print shoulder padded dress
*blue print super flare trousers

i am barely 1m60 and the pants are the best thing out of the lot!!
honestly with some platforms and a fitted tux it is :heart:

The BH tunic MK wore in post #50 was the one thing I really liked from the BH for TS collection and I didn't see it in the NYC TS :(

I got my girl print dress today and it is too big. If I tie it really tight in the back I can stop my boobs from falling out, but I lose precious inches off the bottom and it fits more like a baby doll dress. Of course they are now out of a size 2.

My biggest grievance though is the straps are off, one is about a 1/4 of an inch longer and sewn on crooked. This happened to me with the last Kate Moss dress I ordered! It would be one thing if I bought this from F21 for $30, but it is quite another when it costs $110 for your straps to not be sewn on right:( I'm going to call them today and see if they can at least refund my shipping if I send them pictures of how the straps are messed up. I'm going to have to take it to my tailor to be fixed.

I do have to say I wasn't disappointed in the quality of the fabric, it is silk and I love Barbara's artwork. Oh and the color isn't yellow beige at all, but a nice cool(vs warm) toned nude.

Last edited by a moderator:
loonaka,
all 3 pieces are greatbut the coral dress was too big so my seamstress is taking it in :smile:

the coral dress is definitely a no-no for me

it's just insanely short, and I'd never wear it as anything other than a dress if I were to keep it :(

loonaka,
all 3 pieces are greatbut the coral dress was too big so my seamstress is taking it in :smile:
Ok..I'm just afraid that the shoulder pads will be too big and just look ridiculous on me..Now I wish I had ordered a 10:shock:

Who bought the blouse that MK was spotted wearing? I got mine, but I'm not sure how to wear it..

loonaka, please cite the original source, not the thread that you found it in. thanks.

Source for the picture I posted before
belvedere-vodka.co.uk

Here is what I got -

I have to say I like them though they could be better. The cream dress first of all had quite a terrible fit which is why i've belted it. The blue ones fit it better, maybe because the fabric is a bit heavier. I like the summery feel to them and cant wait to wear them with flat sandals

wowww they both look great on you!
Bleh I don't want to keep my red leopard tea dress any more. I think i'm going to have to ebay it although they're not getting much. Still it's a 6 so might sell for more :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->