Bertelli on Prada, Lang and Sander future strategies

:shock: I don't know what to think yet. Although I'll start by saying they should probably learn to spell his freakin' name right.

From Vogue

THE NEW JIL SANDER

spacer.gif
JIL SANDER has confirmed that star Belgian designer Raf Simons will take over as creative director at the house as from July 1. Bringing months of speculation to an end, the Prada-owned company released a statement today announcing that Simons will be responsible for the womens' and menswear collections, beginning with the autumn/winter 2006-7 collection that will be unveiled in Milan in February 2006. "I couldn't be happier to work for a brand as pure and clean as Jil Sander," Simons said today. "I am eager to carry forward the simple, pristine design that the Jil Sander name has come to represent. There is a strong affinity between how I perceive my own design and the core values that the Jil Sander brand embraces." Simons, who was born in Neerpelt, Belgium, in 1968, began his career as a furniture designer for galleries and private interiors after graduating in industrial design. He launched his own fashion collection in 1995 and has since won a variety of accolades. He was also made head professor at Vienna's University of Applied Arts in 2000. "We are exited about this decision, which we have made together with the Prada Group," said Gian Giacomo Ferraris, ceo of Jil Sander. "Working with Raf Simons will ensure strong continuity in the product that has distinguished the Jil Sander brand throughout the world." German designer Jil Sander herself launched the label in 1973. She left it four months after selling to Prada in 2000 amid rumours that she could not get on with the bossman, Patrizio Bertelli. She returned in May 2003 amid much fanfare, only to walk away again in November last year, apparently for the same reason. (May 26 2005, PM)

AlexN said:
:shock: I don't know what to think yet. Although I'll start by saying they should probably learn to spell his freakin' name right.

Heh, we are lucky they didn't say Russell Simmons...

screenage, maybe you've seen that already :unsure:
we have a new topic on Simons @ Sander :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
No I haven't seen it, and no one said anything about it, so I thought this would be the best place to post it.

not a problem, we also keep it here as refferance and re-direct discussions to the specific Simons At Sander active topic.. here> http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27007

the 'bertelli on Prada' thread is directed mainly towards business developing 'strategies' of Prada Group, and not on the creative nature of Prada Group owned lines :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lena, do you think you could correct the spelling of his name in the title of that thread to Simons? Thanks. :flower:

help?? is it simmons or simons? i got it all wrong :unsure:

no i wont delete it screenage, read again my reply
and thanks on making this clear (regarding spelling) :blush:

BTW, New York Times said that Helmut's New York and Paris stores will be closed in July. I really hope they got it wrong :cry: .

faust said:
BTW, New York Times said that Helmut's New York and Paris stores will be closed in July. I really hope they got it wrong :cry: .
Oh no!!! How depressing.

This today from vogue.co.uk...I take it "restructuring" has become the new accepted euphemism for "job cuts." (And it looks like Raf's got his work cut out for him, if he's expected to plug a 42-million-pound-hole...:(
PRADA'S £42 MILLION LOSS

THE Prada Group said yesterday that while it had experienced double-digit sales growth during 2004 for its Prada and Miu Miu labels, difficulties with Jil Sander and Helmut Lang had dragged the overall company's results down to a loss of £42 million. The outlook was far brighter for the fiscal year which began on February 1 2005, however, with Group ceo Patrizio Bertelli announcing that he expected increasing revenue from the two main labels and further restructuring at Lang and Sander to "soon restore satisfactory levels of profitability". "Sales are going well in the whole world, we are just continuing to restructure, which we've been doing for a while," he said. Having announced last week that Raf Simons was taking over as the creative director of Jil Sander, Bertelli said he was still talking to prospective buyers for Lang, adding that Prada will continue to produce it for autumn/winter 2005-6. (June 1 2005, AM)

hmmm makes sense, divine justice no?
seems like Prada Group fell in their own trap (the one they setted for Jil and Helmut)

they tried to eliminate the 'opponent' by buying him (and her) out :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->