Best affordable camera for streetstyle photos?

Reaction score
My (ex)-fiance and I separated earlier this week. This means that I no longer have access to his Canon Rebel XSI. I need to purchase a new camera but I have no idea where to begin. Yvan Rodic (Face Hunter) uses a canon PowerShot G11 so I was evaluating purchasing that. I want to stay under $600... I'd love to hear more from photographers about what I should be looking for in a camera etc. I'm still learning all this stuff!

If you don't feel the need to get Nikon or Canon, consider the Pentax K-x. I'm personally a fan of the stormtrooper white version...

I just have no idea what specs I should be evaluating. I know this is why people hate bloggers, because we're unexperienced etc etc but there is a learning curve in all things. I am very knowledgeable and passionate about fashion, but I am still learning about cameras and photography.

I was hoping to hear from some professional photographers about what I should be looking for in a camera. Like do I need a wide angle or certain f-stop setting. Before I spend half a k on my limited grad student budget I want to be sure that I'm purchasing the perfect camera for what I am doing. I don't really trust the SAs at camera stores since their job is to close a sale. Unlike with apparel, there is no "test drive" or "mirror" to try out the camera!

I will be using this camera only for streetstyle photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyb
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->