Big Jewels S/S 07

Dkammern

DÔMMkammern
Reaction score
Couldnt figure out if this was already said before (if it was, i'm sorry, feel free to delete this) but i see a trend that I love on big, and often "minimal" jewelry pieces. Huge pearls, coloured crystals and "plastic" chains...
I've seen this in different shows but probably my favorites were the pearls decorating Chanel AH Haute Couture, big crystals also in Marc Jacobs PE07 or huge pearls in Louis Vuitton AH06.
These are some examples. More pictures on style.com (thats where the pics came from)

Attachments

• #1chanelFWHC06.jpg
    #1chanelFWHC06.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 15
  • #2chanelFWHC06.jpg
    #2chanelFWHC06.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
  • #6marcjacobsSS07.jpg
    #6marcjacobsSS07.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 10
  • #9marcjacobsSS07.jpg
    #9marcjacobsSS07.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
  • #1LVFW06.jpg
    #1LVFW06.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
  • #2LVFW06.jpg
    #2LVFW06.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
I would go for this Mended Veil necklace... named "Giant Crystals", ahem:

mv261ba.jpg

aloharag.com

I want giant crystals! :shifty:

Hamish Morrow S/S 07

hamish.jpg

hamish1.jpg

http://www.***************/image/2006/Q3/092320061103419291.jpghttp://www.***************/image/2006/Q3/092320061103440255.jpg

[getty/elle]

Last edited by a moderator:
great trendspotting , love this :heart:
the new 'Mininmalism' needs some chunky rocks and chains to get 'fresh'
i believe accessorising will rise to new hights

i dont think so.. with chunky crystals, less is more, one doesnt need to pile them on :smile:

Lena said:
i dont think so.. with chunky crystals, less is more, one doesnt need to pile them on :smile:
Some will be tempted. I don't think that the masses get less-is-more :ninja:

But I do like the idea. Esp the oversized pearls.

wow... so pretty.
i like those big super oversized ones.. they really look good on the runway

This is pretty great. It may look hard to pull off, but big rocks and pearls and chains add an awesome touch to a simplistic look in my opinion :blush:

YAY! CHAINS CHAINS CHAINS, I am chain obsessed! I love crystals too, because it's my Chinese name :laugh

But with accessories, I can't stress this any more, LESS is MORE! I hate it when people look like a x'mas tree.

Even though I'm a guy, but a flameboyant one, I love the trend. I really need to own me some big jewels.

But i have to agree the poster, The_ida, the boho-freaks will competely overdo it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I'm sure you'll work it out to make those huge rocks/chains work with ur style...

by the way, Thanks for the pictures!! MulletProof and jennifer

72064857.jpg

72064427-2.jpg

both from gettyimages.com

rocks "rock" in paris too...

Although some designers have done this quite well, I really hope this doesn't become a trend. I'm just picturing seeing all these giant rhinestones and plastic pearls walking down the street, and it's not pretty.

i love the big, chunky phase. i couldn't wear them on my clothes because it's simply a phase and it would look nutz in a couple of years. but the accessories i can deal with.

Kenneth Jay Lane

vivre.com

The problem with this look is that it will be copied into hidious cheap looking garbage.

^that's true. but as long as we get to wear it at the right time. :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->