Blow-Out (Bravo Reality Show)

Bixby

bonjour antlers
Reaction score
Hairstyling show on Bravo featuring Jonathan Antin and his dreamteam of stylists. (Jonathan, in my opinion, is a metro-sexualized a-ball--but for some reason I'm entirely enthralled by his 3yr old tantrums)

Anyhow... I like the show because I love hair and salons and work as a receptionist at one. But what do you guys think of the show? Gimme your thoughts, opinions, rants... :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I never gave it a fair shot, but the show lost me by the second episode of the first season. I remember wanting to like it though. I'll credit Jonathan's personality as the major turn off. I can't believe it's on its third season!

I know! And not only is his attitude a turn-off, but how can a man be that groomed and not gay? He's giving Ryan Seacrest a run for his money.

But Seacrest has better hair.
hair.gif

In keeping with the Bravo guilty pleasures, I'm looking forward to Work Out.

I hadn't heard of this show until a couple of weeks ago... :unsure:

Looks interesting.

lol.

Just followed your link, Atelier. It looks interesting since I love working out, but all these reality shows are driving me nuts.

I was talking to my friend about creating the Fake Housewives of Orange County and filming the lives of the hags that make up most of the population there. hehe.

I hate Blow Out, it's mainly Jonathan, he's such an son of a b*tch. To be honest I think his tantrums have something to do with the fact that he's a big ol fairy. He has control issues, maybe because there's one thing that he would like to control...

In the second episode where they introduced his fiancee, I was SHOCKED. Im sorry there is no way in hell that he is straight. And the way he dresses, puhlease, for godsake he has more labels on than his fiancee...

Bixby said:
Just followed your link, Atelier. It looks interesting since I love working out, but all these reality shows are driving me nuts.

They drive me nuts too but I always look for a silver lining. For example maybe this new show will inspire me to hit the gym. Riiight.

I was talking to my friend about creating the Fake Housewives of Orange County and filming the lives of the hags that make up most of the population there. hehe.

I'd watch it! :ninja:

Really though I find Orlando Pita discussing ponytails on FTV or style.com videos riveting. Let's get that guy a show and retire Jonathan.

:lol: Maybe I'll write a guide to "A Girl's Life in The County of Oranges."

Or maybe "The Real Douchebags of Orange County" i.e. the middle aged men who zoom around in Porsches with button-up black shirts and Gucci sunglasses. Ohhhh Lorrd. I think it'd be a hit.

Seriously, Atelier. Let's start a petition to kick Jonathan off his own show. I can't even look at him! No, really, his hair reflects the sunlight.

I like this show.
I really dont like kimberly though has she left yet?
The show is up to the 2nd season so far in australia

^ it's not in the show, but at the season 2 reunion they said she had been fired. Jonathan is arrogant and it's very annoying, all he talks about is how he's the best hairdresser in the world. I don't really know if there's a way to judge that...? I like it though :D

Did anyone see 'Salon Diaries'...it was about Brandon who was fired in season 1? To me, this was much more entertaining to watch...Warren Tricomi seems like a much more fun salon

ShuggaStiletto said:
^ it's not in the show, but at the season 2 reunion they said she had been fired. Jonathan is arrogant and it's very annoying, all he talks about is how he's the best hairdresser in the world. I don't really know if there's a way to judge that...? I like it though :D

Did anyone see 'Salon Diaries'...it was about Brandon who was fired in season 1? To me, this was much more entertaining to watch...Warren Tricomi seems like a much more fun salon
Oh really! thanks shugga stiletto

I caught a marathon one day and watched about 3 hours of the show. :innocent:

I honestly was completely and utterly SHOCKED when I found out he had a girlfriend. I'm usually not want to assume but...

the show is interesting and watchable... although i liked seeing most of the other hair stylists more than jonathan... I watched him and thought "thank god i don't know this guy." :lol: he's looks like a pain to deal with

The thing with Jonathan is, I do love the hair he does (@ least from the looks of it on tv!), and some of his hairdressers/assistants he's normal and nice too, but others he's completly rude and harsh too. Sometimes 'tough love' is a good thing if it pushes someone to do better, but none of the people he pushes do better, they're fired or quit!

He sure does cry an awful lot.....Sesie and Ash are so cute though...wonder how she puts up with him?

^^ yeah i totally watched a marathon of this show the other day too - agreed re: fiancee news haha. the man's antics are part of the drama but you're right it does get a little out of hand, but i do try to focus on the magical hair creations...

I wonder if Jonathan Product is any good? Has anyone tried their stuff...dirt in particular? They're always advertising for them on the Sephora website/catalogs.

In aus,the season 2 reunion was on,I was so suprised she was pregnant with a boy,and they're engaged! To me it seemed a little played?

I only watched it for the Kate Bosworth episode :lol:

(who is surprised?)

man I wish this show was still on...does anyone know what he is up to nowadays?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->