Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2024 Milan

^Ye and it's not even fun or innovative. Bro should take a course from Haider, Pilati or even the likes of Damir Domar, Demna,...because for a brand like Bottega, these men clothes are just so wrong, even Margiela himself had never made nonsense menswear. The moment Blazy pretend to be an iconoclast, he failed xD
I think the core issue is that for the longest time, menswear was pretty much designed on auto-pilot (the fashion scene today doesn't really remember pre-10s menswear outside of Helmut Lang and Raf Simons).
And somehow maybe a TFS reader would turn out to be a « Tasteful-IG curator gay » designer.
It's funny you say that, because that was the sort of designer I thought/hoped I'd be until I started to learn garment construction. Two years in, I find myself obsessing over armhole, seam and pocket placement. On top of that, the sort of look I now find myself graviating towards is more long, willowy and sharp than the currently described "good taste".
Designers who designs with intuition has tend to become « sexy designers ». When you go to La Cambre, you don’t want to work for Roberto Cavalli…
I’m sure Anthony Vaccarello didn’t fit in his taste with the aesthetic around.
He didn't. He was rejected the first time around and he claimed to have been at odds with his peers due to his obsession with Tom Ford and 80s couture (what a coincidence). I was actually quite suprised to find out that Nicolas di Felice is also another La Cambre alumni, considering that he's just a much more technically accomplished Jacquemus. That said he did say that his Courreges is heavily influenced by 90s/00s music and Ghesquiere's gynoid-women at Balenciaga probably played a hand in his influences too.

a big win for me.
i want the lilac shearling!
Same, I like Blazy's POV for aesthetics, even when at times the styling can be a little much.
But him making the clothes desirable, and not just rely on selling more bags and logo pieces is in itself a feat especially in today's fashion climate, well done!

For once, I don't hate it as much. It is less pretentious this time
I love the Red bandana leather bag, which screams Sacai Ambush Undercover Japanese designers but with Italian craftsmanship. Items like that feel fresh and a move on with an International perspective

But I can't believe they are still pushing those ugly leather SOCK as SHOES
to Quote Blair Waldorf "TIGHTS are not PANTS"
SOCKS are not SHOES

So.. is he gonna switch it up anytime soon? He entered his 3rd year at the helm of the brand, and no matter if spring or fall, runway or interseasonal, we are getting rounded peacoats, surprise-it's-leather shirts & pants and rug-like textures in drab neutrals or tomato red and hospital blue/green. I am bored and unsure how Blazy himself isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aytac523
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->