Brandon Bailey

Why Model Brandon Bailey Is Poised to Be the Next Big Thing

by Janelle Okwodu

Ask any model for a list of runways they’d like to walk and Prada is certain to appear. For newcomer Brandon Bailey, that dream came true at the brand’s Spring 2016 showing. “I describe it as the best 60 seconds of my life,” Bailey, who walked the show as an exclusive, tells Style.com. “At first I didn’t realize how big a deal this was, but my mother agent and my Milan agents made me quickly realize.”

Discovered by Saint International’s Deiwght Peters, Bailey began his modeling career by winning the Fashion Face of the Caribbean competition. That led to him being selected by casting director Ashley Brokaw for Prada’s fittings and rehearsals. With his first show appearance a high-profile one, Bailey used the opportunity to learn the ropes. “The team at Prada was very professional and organized,” says Bailey. “The experience with them taught me to have composure as we were drilled for many hours before the show each day. I will never forget working with wonderful people that gave me the opportunity of a lifetime. I will always be grateful to them.”

With a great show under his belt, Bailey is now comfortable with the ins and outs of Europe’s fashion scene. Since Prada he’s gone on to make appearances on the runway for a select group of designers including Raf Simons and Paul Smith. Bailey is making a name for himself internationally, but there is still one thing from back home that he craves: “I lived on junk food during the shows, as it was easily accessible and very affordable, but I sure missed my mother’s curried chicken and white rice!”

style

Now with Soul Artist Management in New York. ^_^

Rochambeau Men’s RTW Spring 2016 New York

wwd

Q&A

Name: Brandon Bailey
Agency: New Madison (Paris) | Hometown: Portmore, Jamaica | Nickname: Pencil Lunatic
Instagram: @Pencil_Lunatic | Twitter: @Pencil_kaotic

Describe a favorite childhood memory: Being in the mountains in Jamaica as a child watching the tall trees tickling the clouds and playing outside in the rain with friends when it started to pour heavily! If you could hang out with any three people who would you choose? Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Vybz Kartel. As a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? A musical artiste.

Photography by François Pragnère (@francoispragnere)
Special thanks to Benjamin Drøscher @ New Madison.

theones2watch.com

Vogue Hommes F/W 15.16
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Stylist: Robbie Spencer

Digital Edition via bilQuis

Yeezy S/S 2016 New York

vogue

Brandon was shot exclusively for models.com by Damien Kim, with styling by DaVian Lain, hair by Kiyo Igarashi, and makeup by KUMA for NARS Cosmetics. Special thanks to OJ Williams.

interview
Name:
Brandon Bailey

Agency:
Soul Artist Management (New York)
Also with: New Madison (Paris) / Why Not Model Management (Milan) / Storm Model Management (London) / Saint International (Jamaica)

Height:
6’2″

Instagram:
@brandon_don_bailey

Place of Origin:
Portmore, Jamaica

Ethnic Origin:
Jamaican

Birthsign:
Libra

How discovered:
Winner of Fashion Face of the Carribean

Favorite things:
Music, girls, cooking

Favorite music, band:
Vybz Kartel

Favorite movie, tv show:
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Favorite designer, fragrance or beauty product:
Prada

What would you be doing if you weren’t modeling?
Rapping

What’s something uncool that you love anyway?
Fake jewelery

Favorite modeling experience so far?
Doing the Kanye Presentation this past season

What’s the best thing about your hometown/country?
The nightlife

Which brand would you really love to model for?
Gucci

Place you would love to visit:
Tokyo

Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
Rihanna

models

Fashion For Men | F/W 2015
Ph: Milan Vukmirovic

soulartistmanagementblog

Agi & Sam F/W 2016.17 London

wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread