Burberry ‘TB Monogram’ S/S 2020 : Kendall Jenner by Nick Knight

Benn98

Reaction score
Supermodel Kendall Jenner stars in the campaign, shot entirely on her computer and brought to life via CGI, thanks to renowned British fashion photographer Nick Knight.
Tisci also recruited the crème de la crème of British fashion talent, including stylist Katie England and art director Peter Seville, who also designed Burberry's new logo and TB Monogram print.

Evening Standard

sometimes no campaign is better than this homemade stuff. If you're going to shoot a campaign in a pandemic, make it something to dream about, not a depressing reminder of the current situation. This doesn't inspire anyone. More to the point, it doesn't sell the product either.

Well, let's face it. The campaign was doomed as soon as they booked Kenny. This is the same amount of energy she'd give in a crowded studio lol
I had to laugh when I read that they booked a 'stylist' as well... I truly wonder what she styled here. Great job Katie, you go girl!

What is the CGI element of this shoot? They could have CGIed Kendall an expression and some emotion at least!

I will say that I like the turquoise print, the colours look great. That's the only thing worth a mention about this campaign.

This is Burberry's 4th campaign for summer 2020, excluding Pre-Fall with Irina and Reece, and excluding the perfume campaigns which will probably follow in the coming weeks. It's embarrassing to see them grovel this much for sales.

I actually love the TB monogram. It looks very good on silk shirts and blouses...
That being said I don’t get the credits. I find it beyond embarrassing to pride yourself to have a Nick Knight campaign of Kendall posing on front of her computer with white sheets as a background! Come on now Riccardo!

The same campaign could have been done in London, with an all Londoner staff.

So Emmanuelle is really the only one in the entire industry who can direct a cast from afar?

Shocked to see Nick Knight doing such a mediocre work but Kendull deserves this. She’s no star.

Which magazines will run these ? haha it's bad

What is the CGI element of this shoot? They could have CGIed Kendall an expression and some emotion at least!
There’s an accompanying video, that’s the CGI part, not the images.

Atrocious and an embarrassment to an establishment like Burberry. What on Earth is Riccardo Tisci thinking? Who is compelled to purchase a product after seeing this? For me, the work of Nick Knight can be very hit and miss.... this clearly being a total MISS.

The video feature by Nick Knight:

I didn't think it was possible to make Kendull look more robotic or devoid of charisma. Guess I was wrong.

The loathing for Kendall is as hard on YouTube's comment section as it is on tFS, lol.
That said, I like the skating segment of the video. Some profile shots of her in that headscarf and bonnet would have been way more effective than the pictures.

Are you serious this is Nick Knight?

The only explanation I can imagine is that as soon as he knew he had to shoot Kendall all his creativity went away.

Nick Knight's essence is all about impossible futuristic worlds where models can elevate the je ne sais quoi factor that makes them models because of the typical surreal concepts of his style.

.... Aaaand, we all know Kendall is everything but that. Kendall's facial beauty is perfect for Miss America or any beauty pageant. Her prettiness is as pedestrian as your neighbor or the popular girl in high school. Her face is way too common to ever achieve that extra factor that makes a model fit in high fashion, no matter what way they would style her up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellaboyce
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->