Cecil Beaton - Photographer

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
from www.staleywise.com
Born in 1904 in London and coming of age at the peak of the 20s, Cecil Beaton was in love with the worlds of high society, theater, and glamour. Beauty in his hands was transformed into elegance, fantasy, romance and charm.
His inspired amateurism led to a following among fashionable debutantes and eventually a full fledged career as the foremost fashion and portrait photographer of his day. He was so attuned to the changes of fashion that his career maintained its momentum for five decades; from the Sitwells to the Rolling Stones. Beaton died in 1980.

audrey_hepburn_1954_b.jpg

audrey hepburn, 1954

charles_james_dresses_b.jpg

charles james dresses, 1948

paula_gellibrand_b.jpg

paula gellibrand, 1928

i like some of his more austere works...a lot of his stuff is waaaay too camp tho :sick:

brilliant photos, anna. i love old photographers who seemed to experiment a little bit. :heart:

From my collection

1)Look at this romantic teen, hard to get old :smile:
2)Truman capote in greece
3)My fav the"sad clown" Mr Buster Keaton
4)photographers shoots photographers : David Bailey
5)The man himself and his friend truman

By the way thanks anna karina for this good threads !

Last edited by a moderator:
you're welcome joz, i'm glad you joined tfs, your site has been very helpful to me already^_^:flower:

thanks for the additional pictures, the buster keaton portrait is especially beautiful:heart:

Good choice, but I'm curious : why don"t you mention the man who make th scans? (et pourquoi avoir enlevé mes initiales à la fin des titres??? Sans rancune, mais j'aurais aimé avoir un petit message...).
Fred

Mea culpa

the pictures have been scanned by Môsieur Fredo (aka fb)!
Please Fred could you make us some good thread, I planned to do one with your scans of blumenfeld, but if you're here, I let you do it, you know his work way better than me....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hollywood beaton (suite)

For Dolores del Rio, I just say I hate flowers:yuk:
It's strange and sad, but miss hepburn died the same night I post this scan:cry:
About Marlene, she is the greatest with Garbo (I will post later some scans of the divine).

hollywood beaton the end

powell, monroe, dietrich, weissmuller... but not crawford

glad you like it. I will post soon some fashion pictures.
fredo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->