Chanel Homme

Diorling

Reaction score
Well, I thought Chanel Homme needed a thread too.

Today I had an appointment w/ my SA at the Chanel in Soho to checkout some of the menswear. She had a few pieces pull for me, no pants, only tops and jackets. Appearantly the menswear travels around from store to store, because production is so low. So Paris first crack, then Tokyo (which Im sure wiped them out), then London, then NY...And so forth, so there are still pieces circulating from past menswear collections as they dont put them on sale.

I tried on this navy double breasted boucle blazer and the first thing I noticed is that the fit is absolutely insane, the shoulders run SO TIGHT, it's worse than Dior Homme, the 50EU fit me perfectly through the torso and chest except in the shoulders where I thought if I made any sudden moves Id tear it. It was beautifully made and NAVY BOUCLE, it just screamed my name, but the fit are what ruined it, also it just seemed like womenswear in bigger sizes, because the buttons were the same as the womens version and I was just completely put off, at least pretend it's masculine. I also tried on a floor length single breasted cashmere topcoat, the lapels were tiny and velvet, the placket was HUGE at least 10 buttons it also dragged on the floor, but the inside of the coat was lined because it was designed to drag...??? I dont know a woman who would want that. It had two of those classic braided pockets on the breast. I also tried on a denim tuxedo shirt which made me want to gag, it fit beautifully and the details were impeccable (Ive never seen such beautiful pleating) but ME in a DENIM tuxedo shirt? Dear god, no. I also tried on this stiff waxed denim double breasted vest, which was so completely absurd w/ these huge gilt buttons. The one thing that I found remarkable was this washed denim jacket overlayed w/ black chiffon, I absolutely loved it, but it was so not my style, I would've loved it if it were in the same shape as the first boucle jacket I tried on.

Unfortunately, I realllly wanted one of the "gay" cardigans from cruise, but they didnt have my size, only a reaaaallly tiny 38EU which is practically a womens size, the color they had was the petrol blue w/ hotpink and yellow trim, the cashmere was to die for. My SA said the cardigans and more classic pieces are what are always GONE at the beginning of the season.

I wanted to like it, but I really didn't, everything was just so slightly off...I was SO disappointed because I went in concerned for my parents credit cards well being. SO disappointed w/ Chanel Homme, I used to think it was SO COOL but now I realize it's just...womenswear in bigger sizes.

Diorling said:
Unfortunately, I realllly wanted one of the "gay" cardigans from cruise, but they didnt have my size, only a reaaaallly tiny 38EU which is practically a womens size, the color they had was the petrol blue w/ hotpink and yellow trim, the cashmere was to die for. My SA said the cardigans and more classic pieces are what are always GONE at the beginning of the season.

Those cardigans were awesome, but weren't they like $1800 for just one of them? :shock: (I think I read the women's ones were, anyway.)

And thanks for starting this thread! Everyone knows how I like to live vicariously through you all!:flower:

Thanks for the report D. In all honesty I'm not that all surprised. Chanel has established it's name based on womenswear. So it's understandable that the menswear line would reflect Chanel's past work in womenswear.

Beverly Hills is never going to have anything in at this point if its just now barely reaching New York. I would never pay $1800 for a cardigan though. For a jacket, sure.

^ Completely. Except the jackets cost a fortune. The navy tweed blazer was 4.5k and the topcoat was 8k. The denim one was in the 2k range. I was literally aghast at the price of the topcoat...10 thousand dollars w/ tax...CRAZY...

Luna Minor, they had maybe 1 or 2 sizes in each piece, and someone bought the navy blazer in a size smaller when I was there. I think some of it is hype though...Actually...Most of it is hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not surprised Im happy im not the only one who noticed that they fit like big womens clothes. They even look like it just the man version of what came down the runway 15minutes ago. I wonder if this is just an experiment for Karl Largerfeld or if it will ever develop into a full blown line like Dior Homme if so I hope it turns out better.

Diorling said:
^ Completely. Except the jackets cost a fortune. The navy tweed blazer was 4.5k and the topcoat was 8k. The denim one was in the 2k range. I was literally aghast at the price of the topcoat...10 thousand dollars w/ tax...CRAZY...

It's funny because no one would really blink if this was ready-to-wear or even bespoke or something, but for plain old menswear, these are obscenely large pricetags!

OH! How interesting. I didnt think Chanel's Homme line was real. LOL! I really wish they would incorporate Cambon duffels into the fray, along with cute, tailored tweed trench coats.

Also, whats wrong with women's wear in bigger sizes? I guess it all depends on one's preference. I personally love fitted clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I like well tailored clothing, it's just not cut for a man, it's cut for a big woman.

I would die for a tweed trench but at the same time...That's not very masculine (read: wearable). I would loooove a more masculine ReIssue so I can wear it as a messenger, like a 2.99, a HUGE one. I dont know, the Chanel aesthetic doesn't translate like I thought it would...

I would love shoes and bags though, a messenger take on that new Chain bag (looks like a ball on 4 strand chain) would be fabulous.

Diorling said:
^ I like well tailored clothing, it's just not cut for a man, it's cut for a big woman.

I would die for a tweed trench but at the same time...That's not very masculine (read: wearable). I would loooove a more masculine ReIssue so I can wear it as a messenger, like a 2.99, a HUGE one. I dont know, the Chanel aesthetic doesn't translate like I thought it would...

I would love shoes and bags though, a messenger take on that new Chain bag (looks like a ball on 4 strand chain) would be fabulous.
Yes! I almost bought a Chanel messenger bag once but after some long hard thought, decided against it. Even a black quilted messenger would be cool with the long gold chain. *daydreams*
I guess until then I'm satisfied with my Chanel ponyfur wallet with its gold keyring attached.

Which? The Cambon? I was such a little homosexual when I was really close to getting one, Im sooo glad I didn't, b/c that sh*t would've looked insane on me.

Yep, it was the Cambon. Looking back I'm very glad I didnt get it. It was one of those obsessive thoughts going through my head at the time ~ "I NEED a Chanel bag!"

SAME. I have a few Chanel costume jewelry pieces that Im not too proud of...

thanks for the info diorling. :flower: i must say the chanel jewelry (most costume) is the equivalent of the vuitton logo bags ... anyone can "get" it -_- their menswear, and your description, piques my interest. although when i think of their menswear, i keep thinking of brad k on the runway :ninja:

i hope you guys post some pictures :P

Diorling said:

I understand wearability, but being that i am gay with an effeminate body, wearability is something i never worry about, well not as of late. I do not care what others think, a tweed Chanel jacket would be a dream for me, along with the Chanel duffel. EEGH, imo, the whole masculinity/femininity value is overused. One can be as hood and thugged as 50 Cent/Jay-Z and still sashay-chante with his Chanel tote.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->