Chanel Pre-Fall 2009 Paris-Moscow

^Brad's American, isn't he?

And uh, on the non-model talk side of things, this collection is growing on me more and more each day!

I feel as though Karl is making it very clear where he believes his business will be coming from over the next few years, probably less Americans/British/Western buyers.
That said, I adore the Russian headpieces and embroidery, despite the fact that it's been done and dusted by so many other designers.

^^Yes, Brad is American. So is Sean O. I don't know if Jake Davies is either...

Anyway, I guess it wasn't really "many" like I said...:lol:

(sorry for the model talk...I know this isn't the appropriate thread for this stuff.)

It took me a while to digest this but I've decided that I really do like it (although my Russian sympathies may have influenced my opinion greatly). I love the sumptuousness of the clothing although I also wish the background would've been simpler--I feel overwhelmed enough by the opulent looks.
Overall, a fantastic interpretation of old world luxury in Tsarist Russia, I think.
And, I need to get me those onion-shaped heels--rob a few banks??

(Where would I be able to get a list of all Russia-inspired collections--like ever?)

It took me a while to digest this but I've decided that I really do like it (although my Russian sympathies may have influenced my opinion greatly). I love the sumptuousness of the clothing although I also wish the background would've been simpler--I feel overwhelmed enough by the opulent looks.
Overall, a fantastic interpretation of old world luxury in Tsarist Russia, I think.
And, I need to get me those onion-shaped heels--rob a few banks??

(Where would I be able to get a list of all Russia-inspired collections--like ever?)

I think you will like McQueen f/w 08...
all tsarist russian style...

Guys,don't you think the show may be too fast?
I mean,now it is fall 08……Shouldn't Pre fall collection be held at the end of 09 SUMMER?
In the other hand,does it mean the fashion designer has designed S/S 2010?

Lagerfeld chews up all the references & spits out something beautiful & revolting all at the same time. He's an excellent stylist... nothing more. The double C = crap.

Thanks for all the HQs! :woot: This look is officially my new object of desire! :wub:

chanel.com

^^ Thanks again Minus 1!!! :flower: Mackos, there is a thread for your object... :wink: I realy need that sweater with the Paris-Moscow stuff on it...Seriously, I wonder what a men's sweater might run..Maybe $800.??

*Hoping it may be that reasonable...* :shock: :unsure:

^Lol most of their sunglasses are like $800. Though I'd really like to buy Vlada's black outfit, I'm thinking of taking out a mortgage, do 16 year old school girls still get mortages? Or has the recession put an end to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I don't see why not- everybody else is getting anything they want... :huh:
Hey, maybe I can appear before Congress- you know, to explain why I need the sweater; of course I'm still waiting on the penguin sweater from last year, and of course the Karl Bear as well...A Billion should cover it nicely...Thanks, Congressmen!! ^_^

Back on something remotely related to the show- where are some @#*& detail pictures!!! :angry:

After looking at the collection for a while I must say I like the most of it (everything except red pieces), coats and jackets are wonderful, and those over the knee boots are tdf!
Boys look very nice in uniforms too!

I love this collection! Thanks so much for the HQs.. Womenswear looks amazing, very intricate, very Russian! The patterns are amazing, it reminds me of Gustav Klimt..

As for the menswear, I love the sweats.. but the jackets are very military-ish.. The boots are to die for!! :heart::heart::heart:

No pictures at Getty or Yahoo..very strange... :unsure:

to me it's absolutely not weird ... i think Lagerfeld did control the show ... a lot ... yahoo etc. always show the images before anyone in the industry do it ... guess he wanted to control that ... :innocent:

i think this collection is actually a great fashion political statement ... i'm not really sure if i would be understand (and i don't know if this was the aim - as it may be an homage to russian customers more than anything ... but the russian chanel customers, i guess, live way back in the late XIXth century) ... but ... to me recent russia looks A LOT like they are back to Tsars period and that collection belongs there and in this sense is very coherent to now days ... the men doesn't even look communists ... and on this point i would love to know what they used to access. the menswear ...

about the show itself and the buzz Chanel always creates around their show ... well it's always the same wherever they go ... the theme changes, the attitude never evolves ... so i don't mind ... hyperspectacular ... crisis is a huge issue en France those days, fashion crowd doesn't care ... (see one of the storyline of Willhellmina in last episode of Ugly Betty which sum up the attitude ....)

now the outfits ?! well as Whitelinen said I feel a lot of Lacroix ... and at the same time it's same old, same old ... les Ateliers did a fabulous work, though ... and as someone said : just for a pre-collection ... which proves Chanel does really care about their costumers !!

to me this is normal ChanelxLagerfeld collection ... another one to the list ... that's it !

regarding the court-métrage ... well the homage was sincerely not necessary ... but the casting for Coco is PERFECT ! :blink:
I love this line :
- where this hideous ensemble come from ?
- Poiret !
- I'm not surprised
:rolleyes::lol:

EDIT : watching the movie i finally get the theme ... it's a very good fashion history film in fact ...
everything is TRULY coherent !
I do apologize ..............................................
fashion students now has to post pictures .... Le Train Bleu (?), her lover etc. it's all about the beginning of Coco ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobAllen4599
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->