Christian Dior F/W 2016.17 Paris

I'm probably going to be in the minority here (again), but I really like this, well most of it. It definitely embodies the new Dior spirit in a good way. I however do not think it needed this many looks. Still, there were a number of interesting combinations here and it was a bit experimental in some quarters, some things worked and others didn't. The team have done a good job considering the circumstances.

No no no no no no no no.

This collection makes me miss Bill Gaytten's RTW collections: too close to the archives? Yes, but at least they were elegant and classy

This: no. And what's up with the dress with the ruffles popping out under the chest? Some new species of undergrowth?

Is this Kendall's first time walking for Dior?
Bag-wise, I like some of the alterations, although I agree with the poster who said they were reminiscent of Alex Wang. I dislike the floral numbers and the footwear is awful. It all just seems a mismatch of Raf's greatest hits.

it's like a safe take on raf's designs... so completely boring and useless.
i guess it could've been worse - see the couture collection - but stil...

It was not as bad as i thought it would be. There were many fabulous pieces, the outerwear being my favorite. With that said, it was pretty boring and there was nothing here you couldn't get somewhere else WITH A BETTER DESIGN.

I'm probably going to be in the minority here (again), but I really like this, well most of it. It definitely embodies the new Dior spirit in a good way. I however do not think it needed this many looks. Still, there were a number of interesting combinations here and it was a bit experimental in some quarters, some things worked and others didn't. The team have done a good job considering the circumstances.

Nope, you're not alone. Way better than anything Gaytten did. It's like a nicer version of Raf's vision for the house. I don't think it breaks any new ground, though. And sometimes that's not a bad thing, but when you're Dior, I think that sets you back. But I think overall it is a solid collection. I do think they are missing an opportunity to diversify the cast.

it's like a safe take on raf's designs... so completely boring and useless.
i guess it could've been worse - see the couture collection - but stil...
Indeed it is. We should be happy it's a bit better than the last couture collection, there is some 'progress'. ^_^

I actually find this quite good. It's decent...
It's better than anything that Raf did at the house. As said earlier, it's a nicer version of what he did but also a more forgiving proposition for women.

If this was presented by Raf, people would have praised it.

What i still don't understand is the poor fit once again. Is that difficult to fit those clothes properly????

I think it's very derivative and safe, which is probably the right strategy to go with right but does nothing for me. I'd rather hate something than feel indifferent.

Beter than most of Raf's collections. :lol: Still awful, though.

Outdated and boring, maybe 1-2 pieces- not Looks- are not bad but yes, this pieces - how Maxlinden wrote yet- can get somewhere else , not only from-by Dior.
And for me is something from Galliano there- i've searching specially some Galliano's old Dior r-t-w collections and for me is similar...

Yes, better that Raf Simons, his collections were , sorry but for my taste- simply ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed.

There are several looks I'd love to own here as well.

It's not that bad, it's just painfully boring and I've seen it before so it's even more boring. It leaves me cold and I think I'll forget about it in 5 minutes. Again, it's not as bad as Lanvin for example but it's not original at all. I wouldn't say that it's Dior, it's more like Jason Wu's collection. But Dior has a serious identity crisis right now so I can't say I'm surprised.

Same as the Lanvin show for me. Adequate clothes with no direction. Just "meh"

This was quite a different casting with Anita Bitton at the helm compared to Maida and Rami of many, many seasons past. Never could have imagined a Kendall Jenner in a Dior lineup, but that all changed today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->