Comme des Garcons Homme Plus EVERGREEN?

brian w

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this line? Apparently it's a sub-line of Homme Plus that focuses on re-making or re-inventing past CdG items. I asked the people at the NYC CdG store about the specifics and they said they weren't sure if they were exact recreations of the old pieces, but they suspected Ms. Kawakubo would probably have tweaked them in some way, not just re-made them exactly as before. Anyway I think it is a great idea and have always wanted designers to do this, since in 'high' fashion not that many pieces are produced/available from each season and it would be a great way to let people have items they didn't get (or couldn't get) from years before.

Johnny Carson? I Don't know what you're referring to, maybe I'm just sadly uninformed and this has already been discussed in detail before. I'm new here!!! If so I aplogize.

Brian, I've only heard what you have heard about the evergreen line. I am intrigued. So many great things come from comme. It is a shame that such smart things pretty much disappear every six months. I like the thought of them hanging around a little longer. Any more information would be most appreciated.

I bought a jacket there today from the 'evergreen' line but their salespeople said they had not been working there long enough to recognize the piece I had purchased from past collections. But apparently it IS a line dedicated to re-creating old CdG HP items (and female? not so sure, don't think so, sorry ladies!) I will ask them for more information!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably be there (NYC CdG botique) on Saturday and will ask the (VERY nice salespeople, love them!) staff for details and post them here!!!

No, Johnny is our member who is very knowledgable about CDG, and he also bought a jacket from the Evergreen line about a month ago. He is located in the UK, so he's sleeping now.

faust said:
No, Johnny is our member who is very knowledgable about CDG, and he also bought a jacket from the Evergreen line about a month ago. He is located in the UK, so he's sleeping now.

Hello, I'm up now, and not Jonhnny Carson!!

As far as I know Evergreen is going to be a continuous line only for Homme Plus. It will be based on past mainline collections, but will involve some re-working and not just replication. The jacket I have is I think based on the AW 1999 collection with thick seams on the outside of the jackets. The original collection was in thick washed wool/nylon but this jacklet is in the classic comme polyester fabric. It also uses the brown buttons from AW2001 (mens and womens collections). I think also they've updated the cut, since the jacket is quite fitted. If you look on www.brownsfashion.com you will see some evergreen knitwear (cardigan and sweaters, again with inside-out seams, and very fitted).

If you have a look at some of the pics from teh SS06 "lips" collection you will see some non lips pieves that are based on AW2000 - jackets with what look like smaller jackets superimposed onto them in a different fabric. Although this sounds a bit avant garde-cliche, they are very very nice. They are mosyl in tartans with plain contrasting colour inserts.

Attachments

• COMM_MW_SS06_180.jpg
    COMM_MW_SS06_180.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 14
  • COMM_MW_SS06_187.jpg
    COMM_MW_SS06_187.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 13
  • COMM_MW_SS06_194.jpg
    COMM_MW_SS06_194.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 10
  • COMM_MW_SS06_202.jpg
    COMM_MW_SS06_202.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the pics and info, Johnny. Cheers for the clear up, Fade to Black! So they definitely stock it at I.T? Are the prices on par with Homme Plus or is it slightly less?

No problem, Honey Blade. CdG H+ and Evergreen are stocked at Joyce (the Tsim Sha Tsui and Central branches for sure, not clear about the Pacific Place branch, but most likely not since they don't stock CdG). I'm not too sure on the prices, so sorry I can't give you info on that...I just took a quick glance through the cdg pieces, the stuff didn't interest me much so I did not check. I remember they had a shirt with pleated front in black or white, and I can't remember much else :(

the sales person at IF said that Evergreen was previously only available in japan, but now it seems like CdG's exporting the line.

there are some very nice black polyester Evergreen items at CdG NYC and IF. i will say it's pretty pricey... $1000 plus for a polyester jacket/blazer. the cut is very nice and sharp, very slim by CdG standard. the fabric is crumpled polyester. i have to admit, i gave in to one of them :blush:

Arthur77 said:
the sales person at IF said that Evergreen was previously only available in japan, but now it seems like CdG's exporting the line.

there are some very nice black polyester Evergreen items at CdG NYC and IF. i will say it's pretty pricey... $1000 plus for a polyester jacket/blazer. the cut is very nice and sharp, very slim by CdG standard. the fabric is crumpled polyester. i have to admit, i gave in to one of them :blush:

I have one too Arthur - they're very nice don't you think. Does your have the brown buttons? By the way, I think the guy at IF is wrong. Evergreen debuted this season, and it's at all CDG outlets.

Johnny said:
I have one too Arthur - they're very nice don't you think. Does your have the brown buttons? By the way, I think the guy at IF is wrong. Evergreen debuted this season, and it's at all CDG outlets.

yes, i love it! mine has brown buttons too...very nice buttons. i think there are 2 basic black polyester jackets. one with peaked lapels, the other non-peaked. i bought the one with the peaked lapels.

if Evergreen debuted this season, i'm glad i got a piece from it.

Yes the Evergreen debuted this season.

Congrat everybody:-) I don't see any of them yet, as the Warsaw Guerrilla will be on moving soon.

I am excited about the thick polyester:-) The thin SS05 is nice, (and in several variation of textures)

The brown "curved" buttons (like those in AW02) were in the SS05 jkts, too, but in the regular HP line.

Last edited by a moderator:
$1,000 for a polyester jacket? I'm trying really hard to swallow this...maybe a trip to IF is in order

birdofparadise said:
$1,000 for a polyester jacket? I'm trying really hard to swallow this...maybe a trip to IF is in order

I have one of these, trust me, they're worth it! Their polyester fabric is very nice and comfortable and they do so many things with it, do it in a crisp twill, do a warped/wrinkled treatment, etc. I NEVER thought I would ever want to own anything polyester but I was suprised how much I like their synthetic pieces.

How to define the evergreen line? I have a jacket which said to be a re-making one.
garcon_jkt_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->