Comme Des Garcons / Louis Vuitton Collaboration

mdankwah

Reaction score
Comme Des Garcons x Louis Vuitton | Comme Des Vuitton

RTEmagicC_commedesgarcons_vuitton_01.jpg.jpg

Two outstanding brands that we report about on a regular have decided to join forces later this year - Comme des Garcons and Louis Vuitton. After the announcement of the Comme des Garcons x H&M partnership, this is the second unexpected partnership by the Japanese brand this year.
"In an extraordinary collaboration, Louis Vuitton, the ultimate French luxury brand, and Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garçons, the ultimate fashion rebel, will open a joint Tokyo store in September — an ephemeral three-month space where six one-off bags, designed by Kawakubo in LV monogram pattern, can be ordered by shoppers.

Yves Carcelle, chairman and CEO of Louis Vuitton, sitting front row at Kawakubos’ show on Friday, said that he was approached by Comme and considers the project a fine way to celebrate 30 years since Vuitton first opened in Tokyo.
For Comme acolytes, this move will be considered either as sleeping with the enemy — or a brilliant and imaginative partnership.

Kawakubo has re-designed the entire Comme des Garçons store on Kottodori, Omotesando for the Vuitton project. Carcelle says that LV is investing in the store, and that any financial profits will be divided.
Kawakubo described her designs as ‘party’ bags, promising multi-handles or two handles morphing into one. All will use the Monogram toile, with the LV initials, and the offerings will hark back to the styles of 30 years when Vuitton made only bags and leather goods." Via The Moment.
collaboration

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds interesting enough. i'll reserve judgement till i see pics.

somehow i like the idea of the collection being one-off. could be quite interesting in that vein.

how on earth do you even know what this will be like,bidwell? have you psychic abilities or something?

I was initially shocked to see this was hapeneing but after i few seconds i became interested in the results. can't wait to see it. at first i thought 'sleeping with the enemy' too but i guess a collaboration between two different labels is more interesting than two likeminded people getting together and collaborating. LV and CDG collaborating is more unexpected and curious.

Sunds exciting and interesting.
I can't wait to see what it will turn out to be...:shifty:

i'm really looking forward to seeing this collection :woot:

I kinda love the idea. Can't wait to see what it looks like

I can only imagine the prices though :o

i saw the bags in the newest WWD Japan.....

..and I am SORELY disappointed. They are just normal LV bags witha few new shapes. The speedy has 5 handles which is interesting, but it still looks like a run of the mill LV bag.

I was hoping for a black and white LV monogram or something. I was certainly going to splurge on one, but in all honesty I think I`ll pass for a new Hikaru Matsumura bag also coming out in Sept... surely more inspired and less expensive! :huh:

am beyond upset ......already find CDG stretching its luck....with its endless range of perfumes which gets more horrible with every launch......the lastest being series 8 ....

ii think CDG is nothing more than a ....¨trend trojan horse ¨..ready to be humped by any lack lustre brand in need of a dose of credibility ....they do a collab with CDG.........trouble is ..and this is very real indeed......the trouble is.....CDG itself is losing credibility... as a result

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->