Customisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love looking at all the projects in this thread!

I posted this on the shibori thread, but I guess they sort of belong here as well - they're not as amazing as all your things but I'm certainly no seamstress so I just decided to work with what I can do - tie dying and studs!

P7020107.jpg

P7030108.jpg

P7030109.jpg

The dress was just plain white before I tie-dyed it, and the vest is a mens size medium plain white vest.

Like I said, not as impressive as yours, but I've finally got something to contribute to the thread! :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a great tie dye dress ^^ great job!

Oh thanks! There's a bigger post about it on my blog (link in my signature) and also I wore the vest out for the first time yesterday so that'll be up soon as well. I'm always worried about wearing anything I've customised in case it just falls to pieces as soon as I step out the door, but it was fine!

I'm turning a strapless maxi dress into a bubble hem above the knee dress with sleeves, so depending on how that goes I'll be posting the results soon!

Thanks again for your nice comment! :flower:

I bleaching my black jeans at the moment and those turned out very bright read. it's crazy..

I haven't altered my clothing in so long. I recently purchased a second-hand jacket the buttons look a bit faded and worn. I'm thinking about replacing the buttons, the trick is just finding the right pair and size. They are very large.

I just took the box cutter knife to my beat-up dirty PF flyers on a whim...kind of happy with how they turned out!

Took me about 5 minutes, and no sewing of glueing whatsoever and voila, Summer sandals!

^ That's a great idea!

And speaking of 5-minute projects...I got a vintage belt bag (loved the print/hated the fanny pack aspect)...removed the belt...added a chain...ended up with a cross-body bag.

Leopardfannypack.jpg
Leopardbag.jpg

My photos

inspired by balmain, i decided to stud and sew beads onto the shoulders of my plain black velvet jacket and a row of studs down the center back
love the result! it is sooo shiny under sun light and and spot light
jack1b.jpg

jack2bfm.jpg

jack3g.jpg

jack4v.jpg

jack6a.jpg

jack5a.jpg

omg thats awesome!! i want to do something to my shoes now also lol

Simple but nice
this:
outfit6thJuly2.jpg

into this:
necklace.jpg

Well its just an occasional customization that i revert anytime haha:D

inspired by balmain, i decided to stud and sew beads onto the shoulders of my plain black velvet jacket and a row of studs down the center back
love the result! it is sooo shiny under sun light and and spot light

***Please do not quote images***
wow! this is really pretty! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally finished the bag & cushion. The bag started life as a cushion (pic from classixshop.com) When I first saw it in the window, I thought it WAS a bag, so bought it anyway to customise.
I cut along the top & removed the stuffing. Then I made a lining pattern by drawing round the front/back shape and measured for the sides.
I made the lining from white velvet and put in two pockets, one with velcro for my keys and a smaller one for bits & pieces. After lining, I put in the zip.
I put 'D' rings on the sides, held on by strips of black velvet and used the strap from an old bag. That's the bag part done.
From the front/back pattern, I made it more in the shape of a cats face. I also used the side pattern & in fleece fabric made a cushion for my cat. I used the original stuffing & edged in pink satin binding. That's the cushion part, so nothing wasted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->