Cynthia Erivo

Yohji

Reaction score
Cynthia Chinasaokwu O. Erivo (/əˈriːvoʊ/; born 8 January 1987) is a British actress, singer, and songwriter. She is known for her performance as Celie in the Broadway revival of The Color Purple, for which she won the 2016 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical and was one of nine recipients of the 2017 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album.

Erivo's film roles include the 2018 heist film Widows, the 2018 thriller Bad Times at the El Royale, and the 2019 biopic Harriet, in which she portrayed Harriet Tubman.

Cynthia Erivo attends the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences' 11th Annual Governors Awards at The Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland Center on October 27, 2019 in Hollywood, California.

RsoCDkB.jpg

wWLaJqk.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the "Harriet" New York Screening at The Roxy Hotel on October 24, 2019 in New York City.

CtyC105.jpg

vIWqmjn.jpg

Actress Cynthia Erivo attends the Washington, DC premiere of "Harriet" at the Smithsonian National Museum Of African American History on October 22, 2019 in Washington, DC.

lvCiy9z.jpg

LVlXmAF.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences' Women's Initiative New York luncheon, in partnership with E! Entertainment and with the support of Swarovski on October 02, 2019 in New York City.

2J2ShDy.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the "Harriet" premiere during the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival at Roy Thomson Hall on September 10, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.

d5NLSku.jpg

MlClNoJ.jpg

Actress Cynthia Erivo of 'Harriet' attends The IMDb Studio Presented By Intuit QuickBooks at Toronto 2019 at Bisha Hotel & Residences on September 08, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.

5BLAeal.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the HFPA/THR TIFF PARTY during the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival at Four Seasons Hotel on September 07, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.

QOXerPU.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends Entertainment Weekly's Must List Party at the Toronto International Film Festival 2019 at the Thompson Hotel on September 07, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.

QlDgE7d.jpg

Cynthia Erivo performs onstage during the 2019 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 9, 2019 in New York City.

PrgaMfu.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 73rd Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 09, 2019 in New York City.

K8N1rpb.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 50th NAACP Image Awards at Dolby Theatre on March 30, 2019 in Hollywood, California.

BTxys8M.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Radhika Jones at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on February 24, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.

UwMGGv3.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends 2019 Essence Black Women In Hollywood Awards at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel on February 21, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.

TvyGUtD.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the EE British Academy Film Awards at Royal Albert Hall on February 10, 2019 in London, England.

HPS6hT4.jpg

zimbio.com

(L-R) Kasi Lemmons and Cynthia Erivo attend the after party of Focus Features' "Harriet" premiere on October 29, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.

HLA5CU8.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the premiere of Focus Features' "Harriet" at The Orpheum Theatre on October 29, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.

7z9jCsX.jpg

O4NWUpt.jpg

zimbio.com

Cynthia Erivo attends the Variety 10 Directors to watch brunch at Palm Springs International Film Festival at Parker Palm Springs on January 03, 2020 in Palm Springs, California.

ANx9l3f.jpg

4LH6tk2.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 31st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Film Awards Gala at Palm Springs Convention Center on January 02, 2020 in Palm Springs, California.

XjjOaUB.jpg

nPdzy8G.jpg

ZwjU4hY.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the Talking Pictures Screening of "Harriet" at the 31st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival on January 2, 2020 in Palm Springs, California.

e6qnAEc.jpg

cEPOWgU.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 'Indie Contenders Roundtable' presented by The Hollywood Reporter at AFI FEST 2019 presented by Audi at TCL at Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel on November 17, 2019 in Hollywood, California.

hHGW3BC.jpg

EYwCdWq.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and The Hollywood Reporter Celebration of the 2020 Golden Globe Awards Season and Unveiling of the Golden Globe Ambassadors at Catch on November 14, 2019 in West Hollywood, California.

0u5q3Jv.jpg

lwy7AQR.jpg

Cynthia Erivo performs onstage during SAG-AFTRA Foundation's 4th Annual Patron of the Artists Awards at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on November 07, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.

wC9DXx7.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends SAG-AFTRA Foundation's 4th Annual Patron of the Artists Awards at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on November 07, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.

FZj1pa0.jpg

zmIya03.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the Krug Encounter Miami With Thom Brown And Cynthia Erivo on November 06, 2019 in Miami, Florida.

MvjsbdS.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 23rd Annual Hollywood Film Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on November 03, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.

7rBjyLJ.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the Newport Beach Film Festival Fall Honors Featuring Variety's 10 Actors To Watch at The Resort at Pelican Hill on November 03, 2019 in Newport Beach, California.

vQmp7nR.jpg

Cynthia Erivo, wearing Gucci, attends the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala Presented By Gucci at LACMA on November 02, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.

6wUDXT0.jpg

zimbio.com

Cynthia Erivo performs onstage at GOLD MEETS GOLDEN 2020, presented by Coca-Cola, BMW Beverly Hills And FASHWIRE, and hosted by Nicole Kidman and Nadia Comaneci, At The Virginia Robinson Gardens And Estate on January 04, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.

2MGEFk0.jpg

vE0EATa.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends The BAFTA Los Angeles Tea Party at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on January 04, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.

hJOMpKT.jpg

qzssEjO.jpg

zimbio.com

Best Performances 2020: See Hollywood’s Biggest Stars

EmI1XAZ.jpg

I’m from London, but I was very familiar with Harriet Tubman. I learned about her in history class at primary school. I only just realized that is not a regular occurrence: I think I was lucky and was meant to learn about her—sort of like kismet.

You have one of the greatest singing voices of all time. What is it like to bring down the house on a Broadway stage?

Like being on a big tidal wave. It feels like everyone is rooting for you.

What is your karaoke song?

“We Don’t Need Another Hero,” by Tina Turner. Sometimes people get annoyed because I truly am a singer. I don’t dumb it down at all. If I like the song, I want to do the song justice. It’s always nice to dazzle.
wmagazine.com

Who is your icon from Hollywood history?

“It’s hard to pick just one, but if I had to, I would say Eartha Kitt. If I could choose more, I’d probably say Cicely Tyson and Barbra Streisand, too.”
vogue.co.uk

Cynthia Erivo attends the 77th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 05, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.

uPVXIT3.jpg

Q20m3z3.jpg

OfbCvGL.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends HBO's Official Golden Globes After Party at Circa 55 Restaurant on January 05, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.

MCNHi9p.jpg

FSX3AQ2.jpg

zimbio.com

Cynthia Erivo attends the Premiere of HBO's "The Outsider" at DGA Theater on January 09, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.

AL1NUYg.jpg

kf0HP9p.jpg

zimbio.com

Cynthia Erivo attends the 25th Annual Critics' Choice Awards at Barker Hangar on January 12, 2020 in Santa Monica, California.
25th+Annual+Critics+Choice+Awards+Arrivals+PntlsnEDEIzx.jpg

zimbio​

Cynthia Erivo attends the 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 19, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.
ECTVwMD.jpg

StAhA6C.jpg

EoflGSN.jpg

zimbio​

Cynthia Erivo attends the 92nd Oscars Nominees Luncheon on January 27, 2020 in Hollywood, California.

NZicM11.jpg

UYerElC.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on January 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.

RFxKRth.jpg

bA7MLuQ.jpg

PDSuVyI.jpg

FcBQNRo.jpg

Cynthia Erivo performs onstage during the Pre-GRAMMY Gala and GRAMMY Salute to Industry Icons Honoring Sean "Diddy" Combs on January 25, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.

2Vsx9gE.jpg

dBRKdjU.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the Pre-GRAMMY Gala and GRAMMY Salute to Industry Icons Honoring Sean "Diddy" Combs at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 25, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.

PtYrQGf.jpg

QAfCw7O.jpg

zimbio.com

Cynthia Erivo attends the Songwriters Hall of Fame - 4th Annual Oscar Nominee reception held at LA Film School on January 28, 2020 in Hollywood, California.

YSPeWNM.jpg

6FhRUmv.jpg

zimbio.com

Ever since seeing her on Broadway's "Color Purple", I've been a total fan. (Maybe it was the location of my seat, but seeing her live on stage made me think "Wow, she's really small..so a small woman with a big, big, big voice.") I'm happy to see her take on move on to more mainstream projects. She won a Tony for "Color Purple" and is venturing into TV, film, and music...do I see EGOT status in her future?

Her outfits are a little hit-or-miss, but more hit than miss IMO. But I'll always be biased, based merely on seeing her in "Color Purple"..she can do no wrong to me now.

Thanks for this thread, yohji. I'll gladly click on any new updates to this thread.

Oh, and on another note. Does anybody ever check out her social media where she's working out at the gym? She is no joke when it comes to her work-out routine, so I love her even more for that. Total gym-spiration there. :boxer::boxer::boxer:

(L-R) Cynthia Erivo and Janelle Monae attend the 2020 13th Annual ESSENCE Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon at Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel on February 06, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.

Di4Hysb.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends Alfre Woodard's 11th Annual Sistahs' Soirée Presented by Morgan Stanley With Absolut Elyx on February 05, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.

7iW4yiU.jpg

WJc3txQ.jpg

zimbio.com

UTA Pre-Oscar Party on Friday (February 7) at Sunset Tower in West Hollywood, Calif.

6IvfuWZ.jpg

justjared.com

Cynthia Erivo attends the 92nd Annual Academy Awards at Hollywood and Highland on February 09, 2020 in Hollywood, California.

qIfmp3P.jpg

x5i8knQ.jpg

Cynthia Erivo performs onstage during the 92nd Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 09, 2020 in Hollywood, California.

Ogww80H.jpg

47jXuDn.jpg

Cynthia Erivo attends the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Radhika Jones at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on February 09, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.

Z2titg6.jpg

71gYBaa.jpg

zimbio.com

US Harper's Bazaar Summer 2020

Cynthia Erivo is the Voice We Need Now

Photographer & Cast: Cynthia Erivo
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

US InStyle October 2020

Beautiful Music

Photographer: Joshua Kissi
Stylist: James Bolden