Daria Werbowy named Lancome spokesperson

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from today's wwd:

Lancome has signed Daria Werbowy as its newest model in preparation for the company’s new women’s fragrance launch later this year.

Werbowy, a Ukrainian-born Canadian, has been signed to a multiyear, global deal to represent the Lancôme brand. Her first assignment will be to represent a new scent that will launch first in Europe by yearend and in the U.S. in early 2006. Executives declined to give further details concerning the fragrance.

But while Werbowy’s first ad campaign for Lancôme will be the new fragrance, Marc Dubrule, chief executive officer of Lancôme International, emphasized that she will be used for “a number of different projects.”

“We have been looking for the perfect girl, and we have really been charmed by Daria,” said Dubrule in a phone interview from Paris Wednesday. “She has incredible charisma and charm and is very sweet, smart and generous. She has become a muse for the best photographers, and she walked on more than 55 catwalks in 2004 — she has amazing awareness globally. We have very extensive plans for her.”

Those plans, said Dubrule, include ads for color cosmetics, skin care and body care. The brand is likely to produce TV and cinema advertising with Werbowy in addition to print advertising, he added. “Daria expresses the modernity of the Lancôme brand, and she is not just a face for the fragrance — she is an ambassador for the brand.” Dubrule emphasized that Werbowy is an addition to the brand’s team; she is not replacing any of the brand’s existing spokeswomen.

“Daria is captivating and versatile, and can express very different emotions,” agreed Odile Roujol, deputy general manager of Lancôme International, adding that Werbowy’s versatility and global appeal make her “a perfect partner for Lancôme” in all of the beauty categories in which the brand operates.

Werbowy has important fans Stateside, too. “Lancôme is a brand whose faces are not merely images but true ambassadors,” stated Edgar Huber, president of the Luxury Products Division of L’Oréal USA. “Daria has a rare blend of presence, allure and natural elegance, and our collaboration has all the hallmarks of an enormous success for the brand.”

It's good that it is model , not another teen-actress!

Can she be both a Lancome fragrance model and be the face of Prada perfume?

Jacque Marcel said:
Can she be both a Lancome fragrance model and be the face of Prada perfume?
i don't think those prada ads are even running anymore, are they??

i'm happy for daria...a lancome deal is a big thing...but honestly, i'm so tired of her. she's EVERYWHERE! :rolleyes:

brian i think i saw the prada perfurm ad in style magazine today, either this month or last . but i guess isnt a problem, because this lancome thing didnt start yet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->