David Lachapelle - Photographer

daisyduke

Reaction score
He's my favorite photographer :heart:. i always love all of his bright colors and creative ideas. so i thought i should dedicate a topic to him. Some of my favorite pictures:

Yes, he definitely stands out from the pack!! :flower:

36438.jpg

LaChapelle is a technicolor orgasm of kitsch, and sex.

Although I prefer Guy Bourdin's menacing surrealism.
030.jpg

Helmut Newton I am getting somewhat blase of.

David is a genius. He's my fave for colourful pics !

Karolina Kurkova
00.jpg

I've loved his work for years. His older work with Details, Detour and Flaunt (did he do stuff for them or am I dreaming) was great. Some of it grossed me out, which is always a good thing. I don't think Amanda Lepore and the Wildenstein Beast would be where they are today without him.

Originally posted by PinkAnik@Aug 17 2004, 12:45 PM
David is a genius. He's my fave for colourful pics !

Karolina Kurkova
<- do not quote pictures. ->

[snapback]335764[/snapback]​

i love this cover! It is my favorite cover of his!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always loved the January 2001 Arena Magazine, "Ana Claudia as the Infamous p*rn Diva Savannah."

Brilliant!

OMG!!!!!!!! karolina has amazing fingers!!!!! :woot:

Originally posted by Atelier@Aug 17 2004, 02:56 PM
I've always loved the January 2001 Arena Magazine, "Ana Claudia as the Infamous p*rn Diva Savannah."

Brilliant!
[snapback]335781[/snapback]​
Post, Post, Post!! Is this the ed. that turned people off of Ana Claudia? I've heard so much about it, but have never seen it.

J'adore david lachapelle. I saw him eating at a restaurant on e. houston by my apt, but my roommate was "too cool" to go in with me and introduce myself. So i went home. Damn, I wish I would have talked to him. :cry:

David LaChapelle is a God, his work is amazing to say the least.

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 17 2004, 03:13 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! karolina has amazing fingers!!!!! :woot:
[snapback]335815[/snapback]​

:woot: agreed!!!

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Aug 17 2004, 04:24 PM
Post, Post, Post!! Is this the ed. that turned people off of Ana Claudia? I've heard so much about it, but have never seen it.

J'adore david lachapelle. I saw him eating at a restaurant on e. houston by my apt, but my roommate was "too cool" to go in with me and introduce myself. So i went home. Damn, I wish I would have talked to him. :cry:
[snapback]335831[/snapback]​

Here's the link to see them. :smile:

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 17 2004, 02:35 PM
36438.jpg

LaChapelle is a technicolor orgasm of kitsch, and sex.

[snapback]335746[/snapback]​
OK, that's not working for me.......

I think David Lachapelle has his place and time but he doesn't do anything for me these days. I think his tawdry, plastic images are rather out of sync and out of date. But I guess we can't blame the man for having a signature style.

He doesn't get much high profile work anymore, does he? It's been awhile since I've seen him published anywhere.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 17 2004, 04:18 PM
I think David Lachapelle has his place and time but he doesn't do anything for me these days. I think his tawdry, plastic images are rather out of sync and out of date. But I guess we can't blame the man for having a signature style.

He doesn't get much high profile work anymore, does he? It's been awhile since I've seen him published anywhere.
[snapback]335955[/snapback]​

2nd

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 17 2004, 03:40 PM
OK, that's not working for me.......
[snapback]335862[/snapback]​

Amanda Lepore snorting lines of diamonds doesn't do it? :wink:

The utter contrived perverse fabulousness of it is enough fodder to make it an aesthetic pleasure.

Coke joke, darling.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Aug 17 2004, 04:22 PM
You and I both.
[snapback]335966[/snapback]​

It's really a shame he has become somewhat of an obscure name although his influence is certainly felt through various contemporary artists. That polished veneer of depravity, and subtle malice.

The only exhibition was that Exhibit A which was a posthomous event.

:unsure: :P
Originally posted by kitsch@Aug 17 2004, 03:29 PM
Here's the link to see them. :smile:
[snapback]335840[/snapback]​
Fun!!! His pictures are soo saturated with color. I :heart: it.

David doesn't need to shoot fashion edits anymore, he's directing lame *** music videos instead (I.e Britney Spears-Everytime :blink: ). He also directed No Doubt-Its My Life, but at least that resembled something he would shoot as a fashion edit. I'm sure he's getting paid much more to direct videos than shooting fashion edits.... Its a shame. :unsure: :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->