Death Cab For Cutie

eternitygoddess

Reaction score
Are there any Death Cab for Cutie fans on tfs? They're my favorite, favorite band and the lead singer writes the most incredible lyrics. I like to just lie in my bed listening to the words at night.

Just went to a concert of theirs too; I'm surprised they don't have a thread here on tfs yet.

I've heard quite a lot about them but I haven't listened to any of their material.

What songs do you recommend? :smile:

Try out the album Plans. The songs Your Heart is an Empty Room, I Will Follow You Into The Dark, and Crooked Teeth have been my favorites.

My Personal Favorites:

I will Follow you into the Dark - I cry, well if I could cry, I would cry.
Transatlanticism
What Sarah Said
Marching Bands of Manhattan
Lightness

DCFC writes the most AMAZING lyrics. They capture love and life in a way you don't expect, and you just sit there and marvel at their lyrics. Ben Gibbard is an STUNNING song writer.

The lyrics are the best. The absolute best. They're the thing that makes the tears come.

OH wow! I love Death Cab! They are the best! :cool:

Their best album, imo, was Transatlanticism.

My favorite songs off that album are:

"The Sound of Settling"
"The New Year"
"A Lack Of Color"

I always loved Brothers on a Hotel Bed.

I have all their albums, great band ^_^

^I knew TGA would find this thread. :shifty::clap:

LOVE them! I love "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" and "Crooked Teeth."

Their new stuff, not so great. -_-

(The Postal Service is good too. Love "Nothing Better.")

I will Follow you into the Dark - I cry, well if I could cry, I would cry.

I used to cry to it too. It's beautiful. But the music video I just don't get.

^ Why of course :shifty:

I love the Postal Service too, it's a shame they only had one album but I like Death Cab much better, it's a little more melancholy :lol:

I have to say Narrow Stairs has been quite meh for me as well. It's not that it's bad, compared to modern music, it's stellar but they haven't any songs that struck a chord with me in that album.

I still love them though, great music to study to :woot:

I love the Postal Service too, it's a shame they only had one album but I like Death Cab much better, it's a little more melancholy :lol:

Oh for sure! I read on Wiki that there was going to be a 2nd album but the plan fell through.

I have to agree that none of the songs from Narrow Stairs click to me beside the first song I Will Posses Your Heart.

And I haven't gave Postal Service any listening. Is it worth to check out?

^I recommend "Sleeping In" from Postal Service.

I used to cry to it too. It's beautiful. But the music video I just don't get.

Watch the one with the drawing of rabbits. It truly reveals the meaning behind the song.

I don't like Narrow Stairs either. Too rock and it takes focus away from the beauty of the lyrics.

Plans was their best, imo.

^^It is, IT IS! :buzz:

I simply adore "Nothing Better" the most and like everyone else, "Such Great Heights" is good too. Sounds nothing like DCFC but the lead singer's voice is enough. ^_^

Plans was their best, imo.

How's about, it IS the best? :D

It's really a fantastic album! I actually have it right next to me. #5 takes the cake on that CD.

^^^^ YES!!!! Of course! Anything with Ben Gibbard in it is worth checking out! :lol: :innocent:

Have you guys heard the Death Cab cover of "All Is Full Of Love" by Bjork? It's awesome! I have it if anyone wants it :flower:

I saw them live on Friday. They played too much of the Narrow Stairs album, but the other songs they played were FANTASTIC.

Couldn't see Ben Gibbard's face but boy that man can SHAKE IT!

Watch the one with the drawing of rabbits. It truly reveals the meaning behind the song.
I did not know there were two videos for the song. So I Youtube it and I loved it. The way it was a storybook with the rabbits and the ending picture. :heart:

Thanks for all your PS suggestions! I looked into all of them soon.

helmut.newton
I would like to hear the Bjork cover.

Ever since I heard Ben was engaged to Zooey Deschanel, DCFC has been playing non-freakin'-stop! :buzz:

I will never tire of the Transatlanticism album. :wub:

aw how i really like DCFC, i love their song a lack of color :heart:

The new Death Cab album is out May 31st, titled 'Codes and Keys'. Can't wait to hear the new material, heard there's very little guitar on it so should be interesting. 'Plans' was very piano driven and that was a great album!

No love for Death Cab on here? :(
Hopefully I can recruit some new fans...! :innocent: Here's the new single, a slightly different sound but I love the guitar on this

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->