Differences between the Authentic and the Fake

lilylee

Reaction score
Hi,:lol:

Anyone here ever bought a real Balenciaga Le Dix Motorcycle bag from gucci.com? I bought a good quality replica one. I love the bag but I've never had a real balenciaga bag. From the outlook between the real Balenciaga and the fake one:innocent: , it's almost the same. But, I believe there should be a lot of differences. Anyone here ever bought both a real and replica Balenciaga le dix bags? Can you tell me the differences from both inside and outside of the bag? Thanks:P

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to post in this thread, do not post your opinions on whether fakes are wrong or right.

Any posts containing such will probably be edited.

This is a thread dedicated to the actual PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES between say... an authentic paddington, and a replica paddington.... like maybe the lock on the replica is different... or the edge paint is a darker color and not DTM. Stuff like that.

Perhaps members can post pics of real and fake bags.... pointing out the differences....
thanks.
:flower:

I can't help but notice that lilylee only posts about one (replica) site. I'm pretty sure this is:

6213.jpg

Actually... we don't have a thread that talks about the actual physical differences between fakes and authentics... and as long as this thread stays on topic about actual information and not opinions, then it's fine.

I've already edited it properly..

There's a WORLD of difference between fake and real balenciagas.. my friends have fake ones, and mine stands out a mile, whereas theirs are just ordinary bags (nice, but ordinary)..

It's all in the leather.. the softness and suppleness, the texture, and how the bag flops cos of how soft the leather is. fakes don't have that - they're always (even if real leather) thick and smoother.

and the colours! the way the leather is dyed.. the balenciaga leather has almost a 3D look to the colour - there is variation in tone and depth, subtle shadings.. it's not just a flat all-over colour..

If the bag looks cheap, then it's fake, that is my take on it.

There are a lot of expensive authentic bags that look "cheap"...

just my own two cents, but the authenticate this bag thread is a very informative thread on the differences between fakes and the real deal if you sit down and read through it. i think another thread that could be randomly about any fake or ANY bag seems a bit unorganized and unnecessary. if you are curious about specific fake bags, such as a chloe or gucci, once again the posters in the real bag threads or the ioffer/lush thread seem to have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. i just dont think we really need this thread....:huh:

lilylee said:
Hi,:lol:

Anyone here ever bought a real Balenciaga Le Dix Motorcycle bag from gucci.com? I bought a good quality replica one. I love the bag but I've never had a real balenciaga bag. From the outlook between the real Balenciaga and the fake one:innocent: , it's almost the same. But, I believe there should be a lot of differences. Anyone here ever bought both a real and replica Balenciaga le dix bags? Can you tell me the differences from both inside and outside of the bag? Thanks:P

Hardware:
http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/2006/03/balenciaga-hardware-devils-in-details.html

Colors:
http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/2005/11/balenciaga-color-swatches-by-season.html

Question: If one does decide to post side by side pictures of real bags and fakes and we use referrence photos - is putting the address of the website that sells the fake bad publicity (some would disagree)? Would there be an exception to that or it would apply as usual ? I know we always share most of that information on the Ioffer thread openly. Just curious.

My checklist for ebay is that if the seller has listed several bags, they're probably fake. But i think you often will get a feeling that it's not quite right. The logo might also be sligthly different, one handle lower than another, etc. You should also always remember that a brand uses the same colourpalette over a season and that the colour on fakes often is a little different.

(most of these advice, i found in an old Vogue.. )

jun3machina said:
just my own two cents, but the authenticate this bag thread is a very informative thread on the differences between fakes and the real deal if you sit down and read through it. i think another thread that could be randomly about any fake or ANY bag seems a bit unorganized and unnecessary. if you are curious about specific fake bags, such as a chloe or gucci, once again the posters in the real bag threads or the ioffer/lush thread seem to have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. i just dont think we really need this thread....:huh:

:unsure:

So why dig it up then... :lol:

I only really know how to authenticate paddingtons, so I could post my checklist for that. Are we posting about the quality differences in this thread or the way to spot a fake? :huh:

Anyways, here is how I spot a fake paddington, feel free to delete if I've missed the point of this thread!

1. Shiny hardware
2. Leather balls stuffed inside rolled handles
3. Keyhole on padlock upsidedown
4. Brushed effect on hardware
5. Bag isn't doesn't "puddle" when set down
6. Square hardware connects handles to bag, should be rounded square shape
7. Heatstamping is bold or thick
8. Any sort of uniform pebbling effect on leather, smooth leather etc.

upsidedownlock.jpg

lockupsidedown.jpg

handleballs.jpg

notsmooshy.jpg

^ Also this bag does not "puddle" at all, the hardware is shiny, and the pebbling is uniform.
scratchhardware.jpg

^ Example of the "brushing" effect, also shiny hardware that is too golden.

Additional Info:
Fake care card and dustbag vs. authentic care card and dustbag
fakecarecard.jpg
fakedustbag.jpg

Authentic box, tags, care card, and dust bag. Notice the dustbag is "fuzzy" and an offwhite colour. The card used to make the boxes and tags is sort of grainy. Also in comparing the care cards you can see the the "chloe" marker on the authentic one is centered and much further down.
fuzzydustbag.jpg

(All pics from ebay.com)

Luna said:
:unsure:

So why dig it up then... :lol:

huh? i didn't realize i had....it was on the most recent topic on the first page and so i posted. i dont know what happened....:huh: i dont know why is appeared on the first page of topics.....either TFS went screwy or my computer did. i take it all back :o.....this thread should stay buried!!!!!!:cry::wacko:

the balenciaga bags are so detailed i think its very easy to spot a fake, and very hard to replicate

the most obvious difference is going to be in the leather. Balenciaga's leather is just unmatched to a majority of the authentic bags from various designers, so the fakes dont stand a chance in this department. another obvious difference are colors. besides hermes, NO designer makes color as nice or even complex as balenciaga. Antracite, Ink, Rouge Vif, etc... id love to see someone replicate a bag that has black, gray, blue, and green tones all in one... and come out looking amazing!

then of course the details like hardware, bales, the serial plates/tags, etc are also very easy to spot, but probably actually easier to replicate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->