Digital art using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. - Share your work, tips, critiques!

perfect10

Reaction score
I found 3 threads about Photoshop, Questions for using Adobe Photoshop , Using Photoshop for fashion illustrations - Tips & Advice & Photoshop and Illustrator Q&A , and all of them is pretty much the same.

What about a new thread, that works likes "Our Photography!", "Sewing" or "Making Your Own Jewelry!"... Some sort of show-off/questions/feed-back/support forum where you can post artwork (photomanipultaions, wallpapers, retouches, PS-based webdesign, etc..)

I think it would be fun, I have noticed that we have some really skilled and talanted Photoshoppers here at TFS :flower:

oh, and BTW, the name of the thread isn't that good, I just couldn't come up with a better

Really nice thread! :smile: Thanks for starting one

Heres a Vintage Barbie Retouch
47f68a58d0f1a.jpg

photo taken by my photographer Shinobi Muhhamed.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutly stunning :heart: I adore the last one, sure it looks like plastic!

I think there are rules for posting Photoshoped photos here.
I think one of them is, you can't photoshop Ad Campaigns...

The title's just been changed for clarity :flower: Hopefully it's good
The first post in the thread sums it up nicely also

& Yes Fashiongirl22 is right --if you are posting digitally manipulated photos you have shot yourself , make sure to write that in your post
And make sure to credit the original image if it is -not- your own photo that you edited
Otherwise it will be deleted

Thanks guys

Does anybody have any tips for GIMP? I have the portable version, just wanted to see if anyone had anything to offer. :smile:

Hmm i guess you cant edit your post after a certain period of time?

Well the photo was taken by my photographer Shinobi Muhhamed.

yes about 10 minutes ^

prettypouf GIMP is the most confusing image editing software for me.. :neutral: too bad since it's free..
maybe we can list other free editing software ?

yes about 10 minutes ^

prettypouf GIMP is the most confusing image editing software for me.. :neutral: too bad since it's free..
maybe we can list other free editing software ?

I've found my way with GIMP pretty well so far, is there anything I could maybe help you with? I can add filters, edit and do most things possible (their tutorial site is awful, it's definitely easy to get confused). I discovered most of the works by trial and error, but I could help with anything. :smile:

oh i see they changed the website :o they used to have a list of things you had to download and put together... :ninja: and then there was one link that had a really odd program i couldn't figure out how to use
i downloaded it now --it's pretty good ^^ i downloaded the first link from here http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

What is this portable version?
The one in that link^ is 17.1 MB ... you could carry it in an iPod i guess but you do have to install it to whatever computer you use

What kind of technique are you looking for, prettypouf..
I figured out how to make straight lines
You make a dot using the pencil or paintbrush, hold shift and drag your mouse to wherever how long you want your line to be and then click with the mouse
You can make a border this way for your avatars..

oh i see they changed the website :o they used to have a list of things you had to download and put together... :ninja: and then there was one link that had a really odd program i couldn't figure out how to use
i downloaded it now --it's pretty good ^^ i downloaded the first link from here http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

What is this portable version?
The one in that link^ is 17.1 MB ... you could carry it in an iPod i guess but you do have to install it to whatever computer you use

What kind of technique are you looking for, prettypouf..
I figured out how to make straight lines
You make a dot using the pencil or paintbrush, hold shift and drag your mouse to wherever how long you want your line to be and then click with the mouse
You can make a border this way for your avatars..

You might like this version then:
http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable

It's 18.4 MB and can be put on a flash drive and to my knowledge, requires no installation I can remember. It's very useful and I enjoy it. There are some other portable applications listed there which I use as well.

What I'm looking to learn how to do is properly blend images. I try to take a series of pictures from one location and blend them so that I can be shown in one single picture in different poses. It's fun to do in off time. What I'm also looking to learn how to do is any technique people use for cutting and pasting, a person per say, from a picture and having the lines look much cleaner and not as jagged. I did a picture of myself today and it just didn't look blended in with the picture. I mostly like to cut and paste and chop pictures together to make pictures for my friends as well (blended my friend in a restroom, looking scared with the vampire from Nosferatu behind his back) and I'm looking into blending pictures together mostly. Anything that can add a little make-up to pictures to make them look pretty is also a lovely thing. :smile: I'm just all-around interested in anything cool. :P

thx for changeing th name gius!! When I started this thread I wasn't sure what to call it, or if any other would be intrested.

Here is some work of mine, pretty lame, made it to illustrate an Harry Potter fanfic (that I have been writing on since 2004 :blush:)
75073_1209864335.jpg

45414_1209935713.jpg

33903_1215375284.jpg

All stock by me, expect the pic of the timeturner is from WB-webshop, Hogwartstarget from Wikipedia, and the pics of Jeremy and Lily (Burberry campaign and other ??) is from her thread (dont know the orginal source, since I saved it on my computer)
(maybe it is against the rules with the last one :huh: the pics are clearly not mine)

My latest photo retouching

I really wasnt sure where to put this, im new the to the site so i havnt gotten that hang of things. If this isnt the right place, and a mod could move this for me i'd be very grateful, TIA!

But here is my latest retouch, Critiques and Comments are fine. I dont mind honesty :flower:

Wait for the animation:
iwn5mx.jpg

Hi-res versions:
Original:
http://i34.tinypic.com/wqt0g1.jpg

After:
http://i35.tinypic.com/no9hxi.jpg
Source: Katanaz

wow. you are very talented! she still looks like human being in the final product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->