Doc Martens

i find it a shame that most product manufacturing is being or has been moved to china due to cheaper cost of labor.

I agree - the fact that they dont make Docs in the UK anymore really really peeves me, but Im not sure I can name a specific, logical reason.... it just pisses me off.
rawr!

I looooooove the 20 eye Doc's. Such a great, weird shoes, so hard to put on, so wonderful.

20 eyelets are not really knee high. Underground shoes, who makes smiliar boots, have models with 30 eyelets.

TrendSpotCologne said:
yep there are underground boots (steeltoe) with 30 eyelets and they look horrible!

Well I have to say I'm not a fan of steel toed anything :doh:

I wonder if there is a record somewhere of who can lace up a pair of 20-eyelet DM's the quickest! :innocent:

yeah...
Steel toe boots look like clown boots or boots for people with big toes :D
But, I think Dr.Martens boots (8 till 10 eyelets) can look very classy.

Doc Martens - how do they fit?

I'm a U.S. 9, Miu Miu 39.5, Marni 40 (sandals) or 41 (pumps), mostly Italian 40 for other shoes. What size should I get for boots? Are there any other comparable cheap flat boots out there? :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I would say get a UK7..I am the exact size as you and I have 4 pairs and they are all UK7 and they fit great...I just ordered another pair of the Yohji ones!!

Where are Womens Dr Marten boots sold in London?

The Dr Martens website is completely annoying to navigate and incredibly slow.

Thanks in advance!

I saw a women with bright pink ones in patent leather...wow they looked fab!! :D

i love docs. they take forever to break into though...
i'm glad they're making a comeback but i do think they only go well with certain styles.

i'm lemming a pair of short ones for the winter......:heart:

My Collection!

from left: floral, lime patent, yohji 10 eye, yohji 14 eye...

Attachments

• IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 29
stupid question, but what boots do you think daria and jane are wearing? are they even docs?

Dariatitle.jpg

^i don't know but i love that show
maybe its a inspired cartoon version

I would say they are wearing combat boots, which are army boots. I used to wear them in the early nineties and mine were way to big, but I wore them anyway!

I'm just wondering, how does the sizing work when comparing against other shoes you own?
If you're usually a size 7 in US women for example, does it translate the same on your Docs in UK sizing (UK 5) or do you find your Docs are 1/2- 1 size generous?

I wear a US9 and I always take a UK7 in Docs..some of them do run a little smaller like the Original ones..I would always try them on first though before you buy them if you can.

lmelanie: Thank you so much! I actually needed the information to convert my Docs into a feasible US size (Commonly, the US conversions for all my shoes differ). So I really appreciate the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->