Donna Karan Resort 2008 : Karen Elson by Michael Thompson

Kanna

Reaction score
kedonnakaranjm6.jpg

memopadharpers1uw7.jpg

OFF TO RESORT: Donna Karan's first-ever resort advertising campaign is, just like her collection that season, inspired by the boudoir. Shot by Michael Thompson, the images feature Karen Elson posing languidly. Karan said the model embodied the spirit of the clothes perfectly. "Karen has this paleness of skin, this white skin that was so delicious," she said. "There is a little bit of decadence and glamour, but at the same time honesty to it."

The designer wanted to highlight resort with a separate campaign for several reasons. "Due to the change of how one is merchandising stores right now and the early delivery of resort, it's such an important season on so many different levels," she said. "It's inspirational, it's emotional, and I think it's at a time when you are celebrating and want something special." That is, if the economy allows.

The campaign will break in November issues and run through December. It will be featured in magazines such as Elle, Harper's Bazaar, The New York Times Magazine, Town & Country, Vanity Fair, Vogue and W.

— Marc Karimzadeh

wwd/thevstop via NickiLee and palyxa

wow...that's gorgeous...
such a change from the fall campaign...hopefully this is a sign of things to come...
thanks for posting...:flower:

Wayyyy too pink.

Karen looks weird. Something in the eyes is a little too re-touched or something :innocent:

I love Karen, these remind of Julianne Moore

This is gorgeous! :woot:

Why on earth didn't they cast Karen for the fall campaign? Could you imagine her coloring with those rich jewel toned clothes?

Anyway, it's so beautiful, like a powderpuff or something. So glad to see someone other than M&M shooting for DK. I hope Karen gets cast for the spring campaign as well.

beautiful light and i like the pose. gorgeus. thx for posting :smile:

stunning :woot:
thanks for posting

that's lovely and i agree Spike43,she would've been amazing in the Fall campaign.

Look very nice i loveed

Why on earth didn't they cast Karen for the fall campaign? Could you imagine her coloring with those rich jewel toned clothes?

Anyway, it's so beautiful, like a powderpuff or something. So glad to see someone other than M&M shooting for DK. I hope Karen gets cast for the spring campaign as well.

You're right I think she really would have popped out in the DK fall campaign. Oh well, at least this Resort one is gorgeous.

Great shots. Love the colours.

Absoloutely gorgeous, she looks so different in the first shot, plus i AODRE Thompson and always love seeing him back shooting for campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->