Dries Van Noten - Designer

Thanks for the article kit :smile:
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nice article.. I don't usually find myself able to sit through journalist's boring approaches to fashion. I agree with enak; I really did enjoy it.

One comment:

Very few of the many women who wear and love Dries Van Noten's clothes would recognise the man himself if he sat next to them on the bus. He does not go in for paparazzi-friendly celebrity friendships (Donatella, Stella) or spotlit and styled star turns on the catwalk (Ford, Galliano).
He makes beautiful clothes and stages unforgettable fashion shows, and then he pops his head out from backstage for the quickest of blink-and-you'll-miss-it nods to the audience.

This is not because Van Noten is particularly shy. Nor is it because he is unphotogenic - on the contrary, he bears a passing resemblance to George Clooney. It may be because he is Belgian. Belgian fashion designers - compatriots include Ann Demeulemeester and Veronique Branquinho - are united in a reluctance to use personality and lifestyle as leverage for the brand.

Uh, maybe he doesn't WANT to be recognized on the tube? It's got to make your day go more smoothly to not be jumped on here and there...

No he isn't particularly shy nor does he shun the camera like most of the other's do.

Yeah,some of them are extremely camera shy but I think the reason Belgian's are notorious for this shunning is because when their faces get on camera they feel that it takes the focus off what really matter's. In other words,the personality behind the label often becomes more important than the work itself. I know Branquinho in particular has NEVER given an interview with her face on camera..just her voice.

Thanks Kit,great article. :flower:

thanks kit...good article...
i almost feel as though i had lunch with dries myself now...
i imagine that i ordered a nice salad and some fish...
^_^

I love Dries to pieces, maybe even more than that. I don't know how much of my own wardrobe I've sold off to replace with Dries...but it's almost complete now. He's just 'It' to me, whatever 'It' is. I like design that comes from someone's guts and not from a tired obsession with glamour...which doesn't really exist, how can it?

birdofparadise said:
I love Dries to pieces, maybe even more than that. I don't know how much of my own wardrobe I've sold off to replace with Dries...but it's almost complete now. He's just 'It' to me, whatever 'It' is. I like design that comes from someone's guts and not from a tired obsession with glamour...which doesn't really exist, how can it?

:heart: what you said there. :flower:

S/ S 94 for paris mens fashion week

Attachments

• ss94.jpg
    ss94.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 34
S/ S 94
the first womens show

Attachments

• ss94 2.jpg
    ss94 2.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 26
  • ss94 3.jpg
    ss94 3.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 24
  • ss94 4.jpg
    ss94 4.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 28
  • ss94 5.jpg
    ss94 5.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 29
  • ss94 6.jpg
    ss94 6.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 26
F/ W 94

Attachments

• fw94 3.jpg
    fw94 3.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 24
  • fw94.jpg
    fw94.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 33
  • fw94 4.jpg
    fw94 4.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 31
S/ S 95

Attachments

• ss95.jpg
    ss95.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 24
  • ss95 2.jpg
    ss95 2.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 30
S/ S 97

Attachments

• ss97.jpg
    ss97.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 34
  • ss97 2.JPG
    ss97 2.JPG
    485.8 KB · Views: 32
  • ss97 3.jpg
    ss97 3.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 32
  • ss97 4.jpg
    ss97 4.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 26
I have a dries anniversary book I got from a beautiful girl.
and just photographed some from it.
more later

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->