Duckie Thot

yudu

Reaction score
Came 3rd in the latest cycle of Australia's Next Top Model
Recently signed on the IMG development AUS page.
Now with IMG worldwide

Height: 5'9.5"

bca29e4e-f7e2-4a57-acdd-dd9b68904c73_thumb.jpg

80b6547e-9ac9-4ff6-8b42-6c380103c2d7_thumb.jpg

4b0be868-d461-4d05-a566-14743b50cdd1_thumb.jpg

248ff9cc-fc20-408d-93b9-b56aededd39a_thumb.jpg

2ec25485-dfa0-48d6-9547-e805ebb9e405_thumb.jpg

a741915c-ec35-439f-98d5-104c9a8b92b9_thumb.jpg

8355954c-46f7-483d-86e5-485c7da7db6e_thumb.jpg

a0476198-9188-42db-9709-2520d296244b_thumb.jpg

http://australia.imgmodels.com/australia/development/model-details.aspx?mID=1026

Last edited by a moderator:
very interesting look can't wait to see how her career goes though she has to learn how to use her angles she does sometimes photograph bigger than she really is

Meet The Model: Duckie @ IMG

Nyadak Thot aka Duckie is all about family. She's one of seven kids and her older sister Nicki was a model in New York before inspiring her little sister to audition for Australia's Next Top Model last year. While on the show, she missed her sister's wedding. You might say she's made up for it now though, having gained local and international attention. She starred in our Jo Duck shoot just last week, and now she's back to answer some questions!

Jerico Mandybur: Where did you grow up and where are you currently living?
Duckie: I'm born and raised Aussie, although most people assume I was born in South Sudan. I grew up in Melbourne and I'm currently living here.

What's the most surreal thing to have happened to you in your modelling career so far?
A lot has happened so fast, but I would have to say going on Australia's Next Top Model. That started up my modelling career. I've always been interested in modelling, but I was too nervous to go to an agency. My sister basically forced me to audition the season after Charlotte Dawson scouted me in the crowd.

What's the best advice you've ever received? Do you stick to it?
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13. It's not advice that someone's given me, but this verse in the Bible has helped me along the way and I try and stick by it as much as possible. It's always a nice reminder that anything's possible :smile:

Who are your top 5 role models?
Nelson Mandela, Liz Cambage, Naomi Campbell, Candice Swanepoel, Mahatma Gandhi.

What would you be doing right now if you weren't modelling?
If I wasn't modelling right now, I'd want to play basketball professionally. Basketball has been a big part of my life the last few years and it always will be. I only started to become serious about the game 3 years ago when I started playing for New Stars. My coach made me see the game in a way I hadn't noticed before and that's something I'll never forget.

When's the last time you cried, laughing?
When all my cousins came over and we shared stories of when we were younger and the different types of punishments we'd get when we were naughty.

Can you send us a link to a YouTube you really like?
This clip is of my sister's wedding! I didn't get to attend the wedding because I was on the show last year which was really difficult for me. I was her maid of honour but I wasn't at her wedding. Watching this video makes me feel as if I was there. This video sums up my whole family pretty well and it makes me so happy.

Tell us a joke?
Okay, one thing about me is that I can't tell jokes. I'm normally the one laughing at them. But my dad always has this one joke that will stick with me forever — it was in his exam when finishing high school and everyone got the answer wrong besides 1 person…What makes oil boil? You put the 'b' in front of 'oil' :P

If you were in charge, what would you change about the world?
I would have world peace, no poverty and no pain.

Can you send us a selfie?
This photo was taken 3 years ago. I don't know what's going on this picture but it always makes me laugh. Everyone has one of these selfies don't they? I'm pretty sure this selfie sums me up; I look semi lost, hahaha!

duckie_selfie.jpg

Photography: Dakota Gordon
Fashion: Hugh William Stewart
Makeup: Colette Miller for MAC
Clothing by Rachel Kay

oystermag

4.jpg
1-866x1299.jpg
2-866x1299.jpg
4-866x1299.jpg
5-866x1299.jpg
6-866x1299.jpg
3-866x1299.jpg
7-866x1299.jpg
8-866x1299.jpg
9-866x1299.jpg
10-866x577.jpg

Spook Magazine
Photography: Patricia Casten (instagram @patcasten) | make up: David P Waterman (@davidpwaterman) | assistant: Timothy Casten (@timothycasten) | models: Rowena Xi Kang at Chadwick (@rowenaxikang) and Duckie at IMG (@duckieofficial)

Here we've got a pretty special Week In Submission from Melbourne photographer Patricia Casten who trekked to Mt Donna Buang with Duckie, Rowena and her team to capture two beautiful collections from RMIT graduates Milly Castles and Emma Blackmore. The collection and these images are absolutely beautiful – enough said. Check out the shoot, meet Patricia and learn about the ethereal designs from the girls themselves above...

Name and age?
My name is Patricia Casten and I’m 20 years old.

Where are you from?
South East Melbourne.

What is your experience in photography and how did you get into it?
If we’re being honest – it was probably a love for tumblr/myspace/selfies which first had me picking up a camera. It was a constant challenge to create a profile photo more creative than the last, in attempts to gain as many notes/likes/followers as possible. (We all started somewhere, right?) Thankfully, that act of obsessive-internet-self-indulgence slowly evolved into something more worthwhile – an interest in portraiture and fashion photography. I began doing a lot of research on photographers, eventually leading me to conduct my own photoshoots. My first shoots were bad, (really bad) but with each shoot I could really feel myself improve.

Since then I’ve come such a long way. I’ve recently completed the Bachelor Degree in photography at RMIT. Most of what I know about photography and the industry I’ve learnt from this course and its provided me with a ton of great experiences and opportunities.

What do you love about photography?
Being on location and exploring the movement of light within a space and how it interacts with a human figure/s placed somewhere in that space.

What tunes are on rotation in the editing studio/work/home at the moment?
The Smith Street Band’s newest album, Throw Me in the River.

Where do you draw inspiration?
There’s currently so many magazines and blogs that post a lot of consistently great content online making it so easy to discover photographers and find inspiration. Even Instagram has become a tool for finding daily inspiration. It’s not hard to stay inspired as a photographer in Melbourne because there is so much talent, motivation and drive from the photography community here.

Where are the clothes from?
RMIT Fashion Design Honors Graduates Emma Blackmore and Milly Castles collaborated with each other for this shoot. Their garments have a very similar aesthetic so combining their work together and creating something new was a lot of fun.

“I don’t really see my work as being a collection rather an expression of ideas and experimentation. It is a visual collage on the body. Using layers and textures, in a cut and paste style – it’s an exploration of clinical science and the mess and gore of the project. I like to think of it as aesthetic disgust, beautiful but also slightly off-putting. Wrinkled skin and strange textiles. I played with silicone and fabric, and different weights and transparency of fabrics – similar to the decellularised skin – an adding on and taking away. The collection is both female and male, not really focusing on gender rather seeing it as just another ‘body’.” – Milly Castles

“The concept of my collection relates to a fragmenting crumbling deterioration of material surface. The garments I create exist, as ruins in reverse, ruins in reverse are ruins that collapse and emerge simultaneously. The materials I create transition but never completely disappear, living in a state of dissolve. This photo shoot demonstrates the materials interacting with the natural environment.” – Emma Blackmore

How did this shoot happen?
I’d envisioned shooting in the mountains for some time and wanted to get a really strong team together before I did. I’d seen some of Emma and Milly’s work on the Melbourne Spring Fashion Week runways and knew that their dirty, gritty aesthetic would be perfect for the visual idea I had in mind. I managed to get a hold of two of my fav, girl-crush Melbourne models, Duckie (IMG) and Rowena (Chadwick) who were so lovely to work with and the combination of them together was sublime. I had one of the strongest teams I’ve ever worked with and we had such a fun day driving up to the mountains, taking photos up until sunset and eating a ton of food in between looks.

What’s the location?
Mt Donna Buang – almost 2 hours East of Melbourne.

What did you shoot with?
Canon 5D Mk ii
spookmagazine.com

She came such a long way. This is the best she has ever looked!

I'm SHOCKED at her transformation!! That's a shock I did not see comming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->