editorial: Splash of Inspiration
photographer: Dusan Reljin
styling: Erika Kurihara
model: Kinga Rajzak.

scanned by Gold Star

ELLE France February 12, 2010

majestik22.livejournal.com/103384.html
A la mode d' Alexa Alexa Chung, realisation Christopher Niquet

dusan a great photographer with so many amazing editorials i'm surprised there's only 3 pages here but anyways i'll add some stuff here is
adriana lima for US Elle(my favorite adriana editorial)

source:drstudios

Heather Marks and Solange Wilvert are the other models in the ed.

^ That's lovely! I'd love to know the issue number.

Numero #61 March 2005
L'amante
Ph. Dusan Reljin
Stylist: Katie Mossman
Model: Shannan Click

scanned by me

We interviewed him, i love his work for Numero :heart:

carmengemma.jpg

We'd be suprised if there was a magazine-obsessed fashion-addict who has never seen one of Dusan Reljin's monthly contributes to high end magazines such as Vogue US, W Magazine, i-D or Vogue Italia. But it's not only the editorials that make out Reljin's established reputation, especially advertisment campaigns for Cacharel, Lacoste, Sportmax and the American cosmetics empire Estee Lauder (for which he photographed supermodel Daria Werbowy) increased the demand in Relijn's diversified photography. Management + Artists (representing Camilla Akranas, Michelangelo di Battista as well) arranged us a small interview with him and we are very pleased to show you the output.

Do you personally think that "fashion" embraces art as part of its process to create a look or a thought of individual expression or is "fashion" just a tough business for its creators and something to use in order to look good and to keep the bills paid?
Fashion is an art in itself. It for sure embraces other forms of art, but all arts do so, that is the beauty of it too. It is dependent on personal expression, style and inspiration, but for the people working in fashion it pays their bills too.

When working for a client, does it affect your personal photography-style when you have a (more or less) strict concept to follow?
At this point I usually get commissioned from a client because of my personal photography style, but any kind of strict concept affects the final outcome. The ideal job is when you and the client have a mutual vision and you work together to achieve that.

We choose photographers for these interviews because their work inspires us. What gives you ideas and inspires you to create such amazing images?
In many ways all the obvious things such as books, movies, music etc. but the things that inspire me the most are the people I photograph. I like to develop a "blitz" relationship with the people I shoot and bring out all their qualities that are interesting to me.

How did you actually get into photography? Are you a self taught photographer or did you have someone to show you how everything works?

I originally wanted to study film directing but couldn't afford it, so I started assisting photographers. I assisted different photographers for 7 years and have learned everything from them. It is the best way to learn photography.

Lacoste+Touch+of+Pink.jpg

Before you publish your work, do you present it to someone for getting some critique on it (and maybe make some “alterations”) or do you just go with what your heart tells you is right?

I always show everything I do to my wife. She is my #1 critic and her opinion is priceless for me. It helps that we have similar tastes and can feed of of each others energies. We discuss everything from the planning to the execution to the post production.

How much of your work evolves from experimentation and how much is carefully thought out from the beginning?
I would say that most of it is thought out, but you always have to allow room for experimentation. Otherwise you will never grow and develop.

What are you aiming to achieve when you shoot?
Shooting to me is very personal. I always try to put a trade mark on the images that I shoot. You have to be honest with yourself, know why you are taking the picture you are taking and give your best.

What’s your preferred setting for a shoot? What are the pro’s & cons of a studio shoot for instance, and what makes shooting in the nature so interesting?
I don't have a preffered setting. It really depends on the story, look etc. The pros of a studio are that you can control things more technically and you can create it exactly how you want it. those could be the negative aspects too. On location there are many factors you have to take into consideration but they can always give you something extra that you didn't plan for.

What is your definition of "natural beauty"?

Natural beauty for me lies within a person. If you are happy with who you are, where you are you will project natural beauty. At the same time beauty lies in the eye of the beholder so what is beautiful to me might not be to other people

In the end: The first photographer that comes to your mind and why?

Sam Haskins. I was blown away after seeing his images and convinced that I wanted to be a photographer.
Digital Diamonds

Elle US July 2010
"Oh My Darling"
Model: Noemie Lenoir
Photographer: Dusan Reljin
Stylist: Christopher Niquet
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Makeup: Hilde Pettersen
Manicure: Deana Blackwell

Source: journal-plaza.net via tarsha

Vogue Spain September 2010

¨La dosis mínima¨ Model: Karolina Kurkova

scanned byrockangel

Charlize Theron for ELLE

ELLE Russia September 2010 Charlize Theron by Dusan Reljin

diary.ru/~my-love-foto/p122588210.htm

ELLE France July 2010
fashionising.com/pictures/s--Charlize-Theron-Elle-France-July-2010-7153-1.html

fashionising.com/pictures/s--Charlize-Theron-Elle-France-July-2010-7153-1.html

Meisel's Coat
Styling: Sean Spellman
Model: Sean O'pry

scans sobigsobig

UK Harper's Bazaar September 2009
"Paris, Je T'aime"
Model: Emmanuelle Seigner
Stylist: Antje Winter
Hair: James Rowe
Makeup: Alex Box

Source: Scanned by glósóli (via idsetters.com)

UK Harper's Bazaar October 2009
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
Model: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Stylist: Antje Winter
Hair: James Rowe
Makeup: Alex Box

Source: Scanned by fearless123

Vogue Russia December 2010
Model: Dree Hemingway
Styling: Joanna Schlenzka