Eric Boman - Photographer

SiennaInLondon

Reaction score
Hey -sorry I don't have much info to offer myself here but I would be grateful if anyone had anything on Eric. I know he is doing the upcoming Manolo Blahnik book but does anyone have any other info or scans of his work? Also I remember reading in Vogue that he was apparently one of the most beautiful people in the jet set back in the day. There were photos of him and Tom Ford and also Paloma Picasso in their red and white retro outfits looking like the bright sparks of fashion -and I suppose they all fulfilled that promise. I'll try and look through back issues but I am not sure I'll find it. Thanks!

Just posted this editorial in full in the vintage mag forum. It's with Nadja Auermann for British Vogue 1992. :heart:

Attachments

• british_vogue_august_1992__nadjaauermannbomannsm6.jpg
    british_vogue_august_1992__nadjaauermannbomannsm6.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 12
  • british_vogue_august_1992__nadjaauermannbomannsm8.jpg
    british_vogue_august_1992__nadjaauermannbomannsm8.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 9
Just posted this editorial in full in the vintage mag forum. It's with Nadja Auermann for British Vogue 1992. :heart:

lovely thanks :heart:

i like the slightly off-center framing...
how it just slightly crops into the top of her head in one image and how in the other she occupies the left side of the image.. yet all of the space is used well.. the feather in her hat and her arm are both touching the edges of the opposite frame..

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue covers taken by him

Vogue Germany September 1987
Model: Estelle Lefebure

Vogue Germany December 1988
Model: Linda Evangelista

Bellazon & levangelista.net

US Vogue December 1986
"The Knit Explossion"
Models: Renee Simonsen, Ashley Richardson & Hunter Reno
Photographer: Eric Boman

Scanned by MODA @ Facebook

US Vogue November 1986
"Fast Track Day Dressing"
Models: Cindy Crawford & Ashley Richardson

Scanned by MODA @ Facebook

Blahnik by Boman: Shoes, Photographs, Conversation
Publisher: Chronicle Books (October 13, 2005)

source: shoes.about.com

From Amazon.com:

''Product Description

Long before their supporting role in Sex and the City, Manolo Blahnik's shoes were legendary—exquisitely detailed, unabashedly luxurious, and impossibly sexy. The epitome of sophistication and taste, they have graced the feet of royalty, supermodels, and movie stars. In these breathtaking pictures by Blahnik's longtime friend, photographer Eric Boman, the shoes take center stage in a dazzling array of intriguing and often lighthearted scenes and settings. A white leather stiletto plays an incriminating role in a suggested crime worthy of Hitchcock. A pale green mule nestles among ferns in homage to Blahnik's recurring botanical themes. The straps of a sandal echo the strands of spaghetti in which it lays entwined. Boman's unerring eye and oddly keen understanding of Blahnik's creations make for spellbinding pictures, full of wit, playfulness, and sole. Elegant allusions to Blahnik's eclectic influences abound—from the cinema to history, from the natural world to art and literature. As covetable as a pair of Manolos, this is a book of consummate creativity, addictive power, and unrivaled individuality: a cult object on a cult designer.

About the Author

Manolo Blahnik was born in the Canary Islands. He studied at the University of Geneva before moving to Paris and then London to work as a set designer. On a trip to New York in 1971, Blahnik was sent to show his sketches to legendary fashion editor Diana Vreeland, who famously suggested, "You should do shoes." He lives in England.

Eric Boman, originally from Sweden, has worked in London, Paris, and New York for, among others, Vogue , Marie-Claire , Yves Saint-Laurent, Vanity Fair , The World of Interiors , and House & Garden . Since 1988, he has increasingly explored art photography
and still-lifes. He lives in New York.''

source: pomodoroebasilico.blogspot.com

... continued

source: stringmagazine.ca

source: elblogdepatricia.com

Beautiful...thanks for posting, mateica83!

what a fun way to do product shots!

thanks for the pics :flower:

I'm glad you like it.
Here's more:

source: shasa-newcarinsurance.blogspot.com, russellrareprints.com

UK Vogue October 1991
"The Easy Way"
Model: Yasmeen Ghauri
Stylist: Harriett Jagger

Scanned by MissIvana

Note: One pic is missing